Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Axe Trappers #7734876
12/04/22 10:50 PM
12/04/22 10:50 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline OP
trapper
MattLA  Offline OP
trapper
M

Louisiana
Who uses em, and lets see em.

Here is mine, an older craftsman axe that was my grandfathers. He died in 1973 when my dad was 9, the house him and my grandmother lived in was built in 1850. Still works great. I want to get another one that has the actual hammer on the back, I use the back of mine to beat everything into the ground. Pound beaver sticks, nails, fence nails, stakes rarely and I just generally always have it. The 90 degree edge is actually useful because a lot of times I will drive a nail through the crunch proof swivel on the end of my chain, and the 90 degree shape lets me get in there good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Axe Trappers [Re: MattLA] #7734945
12/04/22 11:56 PM
12/04/22 11:56 PM
100 Mile House, BC Can
bctomcat Offline
trapper
bctomcat  Offline
trapper

100 Mile House, BC Can
My preferred axe for trapping and general bush work is the Hudson bay style with a 2 to 2 1/2 lb head and a 24 inch handle. [Linked Image]

The only constant in trapping is change so keep learning.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91