No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7738973
12/09/22 12:12 PM
12/09/22 12:12 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

Exactly. The first family of bronc riding used to be the Etbaur name and they were all class acts. The Wright boys (now dads and uncles) are all that too and this 2nd generation is impressive on any level.

Years back my boy made it to the Jr High NFR and first perf they announced Ryder Wright from Milford UT. I told my wife I bet I could guess his father if she gave me 3 chances LOL. Anyhow- his first bull was a whale of a char-bray cross that turned back right in the latch and this young man (in the 8th) grade spurred him every single jump. If I was judging I'd have marked the bull 21 or 22 which is a lot of bull for Jr High kids. He and his brothers can hit the pay window in the bronc riding or the bull riding and up against the top tallent in the whole world- great athletes from a great family

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739127
12/09/22 03:49 PM
12/09/22 03:49 PM
sw iowa
Outlaw99 Offline
trapper
Outlaw99  Offline
trapper

sw iowa
I met Billy Etbauer a handful of times and there’s not a nicer, more humble human that I’ve ever encountered. My favorite bronc rider of all time. Speaking of bullfighters, whatever happened to Gary “Roach” Hedeman?

Not everyone likes me, but not everyone matters
Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739159
12/09/22 04:51 PM
12/09/22 04:51 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Its been fun watching Stetson this year only person I've meet that spoke as few of words was Ty Murphy, He won a bareback or saddle Bronk round back in 94 and I was at the GoldCoast for the buckle awards and when they played his ride back and asked Ty to walk us through it he just said "I nodded my head" that was his whole discerption. LOL

There's one young punk I hope yard darts and learns some humility that's there.

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: nvwrangler] #7739195
12/09/22 05:42 PM
sw iowa
Outlaw99 Offline
trapper
Outlaw99  Offline
trapper

sw iowa
Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Its been fun watching Stetson this year only person I've meet that spoke as few of words was Ty Murphy, He won a bareback or saddle Bronk round back in 94 and I was at the GoldCoast for the buckle awards and when they played his ride back and asked Ty to walk us through it he just said "I nodded my head" that was his whole discerption. LOL

Who’s that??? The Steiner boy? I remember watching his dad win the title in Steer wrestling in the late 90’s….dread locks, leather pants, silk shirts….. but man could he bulldog. Athletically he was a step above everyone else. He dominated while he was at it.

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: nvwrangler] #7739197
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

Jeb there are always one or 2 and surely pro rodeo will grant your wish at some point.Ty has really upped his technical commentators game, I like him in that role.

OL99 Billy Etbaur is my fav bronc rider too and the guy went out with a big bang. The last I saw of Roach was before my boy turned 18. He was fighting bulls at the YBRWF (youth bull riding world finals) and Mike White was roping bulls. Both were exceptional and I thought our youngsters were in good hands!

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Outlaw99] #7739474
12/09/22 10:11 PM
12/09/22 10:11 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Originally Posted by Outlaw99
Originally Posted by nvwrangler

Who’s that??? The Steiner boy? I remember watching his dad win the title in Steer wrestling in the late 90’s….dread locks, leather pants, silk shirts….. but man could he bulldog. Athletically he was a step above everyone else. He dominated while he was at it.

Yep thought his dad was a gunsel too, so great he's not involved anymore mostly because of his attitude.

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739482
12/09/22 10:18 PM
12/09/22 10:18 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
And why I became a fan of rodeo. Humble American loving people.

I will gladly spend my time an money there unlike the rest of the American hating pro sports.

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739509
12/09/22 10:40 PM
12/09/22 10:40 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

Bobby Steiner is a good man and was a great bull man back in the day. I took a lot of bulls off his place for Mike Cervi. I cannot figure out what is wrong with his kids for the life of me

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739512
12/09/22 10:43 PM
12/09/22 10:43 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Leftlane maybe something innthe water around Austin

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739525
12/09/22 10:49 PM
12/09/22 10:49 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

You might be right! I better stick to canned goods when I work there.

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739741
12/10/22 08:48 AM
12/10/22 08:48 AM
sw iowa
Outlaw99 Offline
trapper
Outlaw99  Offline
trapper

sw iowa
I thought I saw somewhere where Bobby and Sid had opened up some restaurant in downtown Austin. I agree, that kind of culture probably led to Sid and Rocker becoming who they are.

How about that trip for Killer Bee last night on her last out?!?!

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739842
12/10/22 10:49 AM
12/10/22 10:49 AM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
I saw this this morning. Stetson Wright, with his 88-point winning bull ride on Dakota Rodeo’s Pookie Holler, became the youngest cowboy in PRCA history to surpass the $2 million dollar mark in career earnings.
Wright, who is 23 years-old and 240 days, upped his unofficial career earnings to $2,050,520.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: MJM] #7739881
12/10/22 11:33 AM
12/10/22 11:33 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by MJM
I saw this this morning. Stetson Wright, with his 88-point winning bull ride on Dakota Rodeo’s Pookie Holler, became the youngest cowboy in PRCA history to surpass the $2 million dollar mark in career earnings.
Wright, who is 23 years-old and 240 days, upped his unofficial career earnings to $2,050,520.

I he should come to Tman for investment advice.

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739887
12/10/22 11:35 AM
12/10/22 11:35 AM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Bobby Steiner is a good man and was a great bull man back in the day. I took a lot of bulls off his place for Mike Cervi. I cannot figure out what is wrong with his kids for the life of me

Any of you ever stop to think it might be in their blood.

Here is an article about Rocker's great, great grandfather. The old saddle maker.

Steiner, Thomas Casper [Buck] (1899–2001).National Cowboy Hall of Fame member T. C. "Buck" Steiner was born in Cedar Creek in Bastrop County on December 2, 1899. Typical for a farm child, he found himself in the fields picking cotton at age six. At the age of twelve he ran away and began working in Wild West Shows, claiming to be sixteen in order to join. Steiner toured the country with the group and demonstrated a natural talent for rodeo. He could rope calves, wrestle steers, and ride broncos, but became known for riding a bull backwards. The stunt earned him twenty-five dollars, a lucrative amount of money at that time.
At sixteen Steiner returned to Texas where he found work in the San Antonio stockyards and briefly attempted a career in law enforcement. The career ended when he shot at a car full of politicians in order to keep them from entering a street during a parade. He once resorted to breaking two-by-fours over a friend's head after betting bar patrons he could do this without knocking his friend out. He continued to compete in rodeos and even performed stunts for Hollywood before starting a saddle and boot making shop in Austin called Capitol Saddlery in 1930.
The shop proved successful, allowing Steiner to become the owner of Steiner Ranch, which he sold and is now a housing community under the same name owned by Taylor Woodrow Communities. While the shop and ranch meant security for his wife, the former Viola Strosser, and two children, Steiner's life was anything but that of a sedate man. He claimed to have attended parties with notorious mobster Al Capone and gone out drinking with Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa. In the 1950s while performing in a self-operated rodeo in Cuba with singer Gene Autry, he found himself in the midst of Castro's Cuban Revolution. After a quick call to then Sen. Lyndon B. Johnson, Steiner and his son Tommy were able to get their cattle and money out of the country. In 1993 he was inducted into the National Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City after continuing to perform and operate rodeos.
Steiner's latter years were filled with family conflicts. The focus of the disputes was his relationship with Susan Hotte, an employee at Capitol Saddlery, which began in the 1980s. The family grew concerned about the relationship when she was given 194 acres of land near Bastrop and accused Hotte of manipulation. The feud escalated to the point where Steiner was placed in the temporary guardianship of lawyer Bryan Goetz and forbidden from making gifts or getting married without consent from the court.
In 2001 Steiner entered the Specialty Hospital of Austin with kidney failure and began repairing the emotional rifts with his family, particularly with his grandson Bobby Steiner. Buck Steiner had lived an extraordinary life, outliving his wife, children, and most of his famous friends. Before his death on May 14, 2001, his thoughts were of his ranch near Bastrop as he inquired about the mesquite trees on the property, proving he was a true cowboy to the end. He was buried in Austin Memorial Park Cemetery.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Leftlane] #7739938
12/10/22 12:55 PM
12/10/22 12:55 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

That is quite a read- we should probably shoot at cars full of politicians too

Re: Do all young people suck? [Re: Outlaw99] #7740039
12/10/22 03:09 PM
12/10/22 03:09 PM
Leftlane Offline OP
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline OP
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Outlaw99
How about that trip for Killer Bee last night on her last out?!?!

Benny has had some great ones over the years

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread