No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Wax coatings #7760884
01/02/23 02:53 PM
01/02/23 02:53 PM
La Crosse, WI
Macthediver Offline OP
trapper
Macthediver  Offline OP
trapper

La Crosse, WI
The Zep Floor wax post got me thinking again didn't want to high jack it. Was also the fluid film you truck post.
Anyways last month when we had that wet heavy snow. I'm out side trying to blow that crap kept plugging the blower shoot. Thinking like I do about things I went in house grabbed a can spray furniture polish. Sprayed the inside the shoot and blower wheel. I could have used silicone spray lube.
But and is always a but

My brother worked for years at a company that made all that kinda of cleaning stuff. So I have at no cost a case of the large spray cans of furniture polish. Basically what most would know as Lemon Pledge. It's not that brand but pretty much same thing industry version.
I really haven't used it for polishing furniture don't really have that kind of stuff in house.
I have been using it to spray rails on sliding doors I have. I've sprayed hinges and other things where just needed light lubrication didn't want to use petroleum based lub. I also used to wax the roll up door rails on the fire truck I drove. Wax don't collect road dirt like grease or things like that.

The post about the fluid film your truck got me thinking. So the other day when I was spraying the snow blower shoot. I took a lap around my truck sprayed the plastic liners in wheel wells. Figure it should keep the slug balls from getting so big by the wheels. Southern people might not know what I'm talking about. Anybody that gets any snow to drive in even little wet stuff would know.
I don't own a snow plow but Ive heard few people say they had waxed theirs.
Any one here used the pledge type wax on anything besides furniture?
Maybe guy could put the Zep wax in pump sprayer. Do your plow, wheel wells on vehicle who knows what all.
Maybe whole under underside of truck. Wax might be more forgiving to some type of material than petoluem coating.

Mac

"Never Forget Which Way Is Up"

Re: Wax coatings [Re: Macthediver] #7760891
01/02/23 02:55 PM
01/02/23 02:55 PM
Wisconsin
S
Steel Jaw Offline
trapper
Steel Jaw  Offline
trapper
S

Wisconsin
We used to take a portable sprayer and mix wd40 with water and spray it on the stock car so the clay wouldn't stick to it. Worked really well.

Re: Wax coatings [Re: Macthediver] #7760895
01/02/23 03:04 PM
01/02/23 03:04 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
When I pulled a grain trailer I waxed the hopper bottom at times. For those that dont know a grain trailer has an open top. A tarp goes over it after loading. Two hoppers with a sliding door in the bottom. You usually pull over a pit with an auger in it. Open the door and everything runs out the bottom. Some stuff, like meat and bone meal or dry distillers grain tends to plug up. Waxing the hopper helped a bunch. Very little hammering or digging to get stuff out.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Wax coatings [Re: Macthediver] #7760922
01/02/23 03:30 PM
01/02/23 03:30 PM
coastal ny
G
gcs Online content
trapper
gcs  Online Content
trapper
G

coastal ny
I've been using silicone spray for the things mentioned, never considered spray wax,,,,but I will now.

Re: Wax coatings [Re: Macthediver] #7760950
01/02/23 04:34 PM
01/02/23 04:34 PM
WI
B
BvrRetriever Offline
trapper
BvrRetriever  Offline
trapper
B

WI
Spray some pledge on the hallway floor and setup a video camera!

Re: Wax coatings [Re: Macthediver] #7760958
01/02/23 04:54 PM
01/02/23 04:54 PM
West Central MN
20scout Offline
trapper
20scout  Offline
trapper

West Central MN
I've used the non-stick spray used on pots and pans.

Common sense is a not a vegetable that does well in everyone's garden.
Re: Wax coatings [Re: Macthediver] #7761008
01/02/23 06:18 PM
01/02/23 06:18 PM
Wisconsin
M
Mad Scientist Offline
trapper
Mad Scientist  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
Sounds like you got to much time on your hands resulting in thinking to much.Just kidding I have the same problem with my snow blower but on the same snows my neighbor doesn’t and he’s got alot more horsepower.Can’t hurt to keep things waxed let us know the results.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread