No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: keto diet [Re: MNEric] #7763387
01/05/23 01:13 PM
01/05/23 01:13 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by MNEric
I tried this diet a few years ago. Here is what I ate.

Breakfast-
Two eggs, 4 strips of bacon and two slices of cheese on a pita bread(high fiber) wrap

Lunch-
Salads with grilled chicken or steak

Supper-
Grilled pork, chicken or beef

Switched from drinking Coke to Coke Zero

After a month I allowed my self one cheat day on the weekend

Lost 60 pounds in 6 months

Now where is your weight at?

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: keto diet [Re: Marty] #7763396
01/05/23 01:23 PM
01/05/23 01:23 PM
Minnesota
MNEric Offline
trapper
MNEric  Offline
trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Marty
Originally Posted by MNEric
I tried this diet a few years ago. Here is what I ate.

Breakfast-
Two eggs, 4 strips of bacon and two slices of cheese on a pita bread(high fiber) wrap

Lunch-
Salads with grilled chicken or steak

Supper-
Grilled pork, chicken or beef

Switched from drinking Coke to Coke Zero

After a month I allowed my self one cheat day on the weekend

Lost 60 pounds in 6 months

Now where is your weight at?

I gained about 15 of that back

Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763398
01/05/23 01:27 PM
01/05/23 01:27 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
^ that is pretty good...kudos.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763412
01/05/23 01:57 PM
01/05/23 01:57 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Ketosis is starvation. Its not meant to be permanent, but a keto type diet is sustainable and should be followed by everyone if you want to live long.

Eliminating just a few foods can have a drastic effect on weight loss and health.
Its not a big deal to eliminate bread, rice, potatoes, sugar drinks and beer, otherwise you are trading your life/health to eat those bad foods.

Just have a salad or vegies instead of rice or potatoes. its easy.

We all could eat whatever we wanted when we were young, but the carbs catch up to you later in life and you have many health problems.

Some symptoms of eating too many carbs are....diabetes, heart attack and stroke..yes those "symptoms", you dont want to have.

Re: keto diet [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7763417
01/05/23 02:02 PM
01/05/23 02:02 PM
New York
N
nyhuntfish Offline
trapper
nyhuntfish  Offline
trapper
N

New York
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

once you get off the sugar and grain , it is amazing how little you feel hungry

getting there those first few weeks the cravings can be strong , sugar and these grains make you crave more. always more

Yes I agree. It must be cold turkey or the gliadin protein in your body (as I have understood it from Davis the cardiologist) will keep making you crave junk for up to 5 days. It's a great secret.

On ketosis: My understanding from Davis is Wheat belly is "Keto with prebiotic fibers" which is what makes "keto" here safe. Has worked for me since 2012. It's just a smarter way to living and you're never hungry. And don't get caught up in the wording. Forget Keto, just be Wheat-Free and eat a ton of animal/olive fats. And yes, about once per week I have some baked-good made from Bob's Redmill "gluten free flour;" It's junk no question about it... but it's not evil wheat and gives you something to look forward to. Or corn bread, same thing.

Substitute olive oil and chick peas for almost everything you were doing before. Eat meat and cheese and veggies. It's very simple.

Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763442
01/05/23 02:32 PM
01/05/23 02:32 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
The mistake some make on the Keto diet is they still have the mindset to count calories. calories in = calories out. That don't work long term for most people and its miserable to starve yourself.

Instead eat low carb foods, and eat all you want, dont go hungry. Its Much easier and the weight loss is faster with Keto.

Forget all prepackaged foods, especially low calorie diet foods, they will have you constipated in no time.

Its important to eat fats every day with your food, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, lard or other animal fats. lubes the system so to speak.

While you at it give up vegetable oils and other seed oils, they were not meant to be eaten by humans or any animal. causes sever joint pain and other nasty side effects. Try pour some on the ground and see what comes to eat it. Nothing does but people that dont know any better.

Re: keto diet [Re: yukonjeff] #7763462
01/05/23 02:54 PM
01/05/23 02:54 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
The mistake some make on the Keto diet is they still have the mindset to count calories. calories in = calories out. That don't work long term for most people and its miserable to starve yourself.

Instead eat low carb foods, and eat all you want, dont go hungry. Its Much easier and the weight loss is faster with Keto.

Forget all prepackaged foods, especially low calorie diet foods, they will have you constipated in no time.

Its important to eat fats every day with your food, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, lard or other animal fats. lubes the system so to speak.

While you at it give up vegetable oils and other seed oils, they were not meant to be eaten by humans or any animal. causes sever joint pain and other nasty side effects. Try pour some on the ground and see what comes to eat it. Nothing does but people that dont know any better.

look at "Lite" or "diet" foods they are almost all removing the fat and replacing it with sugar
weight watchers ice cream bars are an interesting example 2% of your fat for the day 26% of your sugar and your going to be starving in when your done eating them.

the fat is bad campaign is almost exactly opposite what people should be doing.

but fats are expensive and filling and not easy to mechanize harvest or store or transport.
so if you say they are bad you can form entitlement plans on sugar and cheap to grow grains and get the people using them hooked.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763468
01/05/23 02:58 PM
01/05/23 02:58 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY
check out the Mediterranean diet, lots of evidence for it's health benefits and its more sustainable

Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763470
01/05/23 02:59 PM
01/05/23 02:59 PM
KY
I
ILcooner Offline
trapper
ILcooner  Offline
trapper
I

KY

Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763475
01/05/23 03:06 PM
01/05/23 03:06 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Here is the summit thread of all healthy low-carb eating...a lot of work went into this one, I do feel it needs to be pinned in the archives for faster reference, since this subject comes up often enough.

This is all-inclusive, insulin resistance explanations, BP regulating, and many other benefits explained in this thread. Along with a plethora of great recipes to try.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6964832/1

Re: keto diet [Re: ILcooner] #7763479
01/05/23 03:11 PM
01/05/23 03:11 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin

think about that that really does , it increases your fat , decreases your simple carbs and sugar and has you eat real food.

the biggest issue is so many people not eating real food.

if it has more ingredients for a chemical plant than not , is it real food?

if you can't grow or harvest the ingredients for something with out it needing a factory or a process you can't do in your kitchen , should you be eating it ?

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763491
01/05/23 03:25 PM
01/05/23 03:25 PM
Northern Minnesota
BernieB. Offline
trapper
BernieB.  Offline
trapper

Northern Minnesota
[Linked Image]

Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763500
01/05/23 03:40 PM
01/05/23 03:40 PM
KY
ksp107 Offline
trapper
ksp107  Offline
trapper

KY
Losing weight vs. keeping it off is two different things. Keeping it off usually requires a lifestyle change, which most people dont want to do.

Most any diet, be it Keto, Mediterranean, Carnivore, Weight Watchers will take weight off you, the key question is "Is it sustainable?"

Stick to whole foods, eliminate or greatly limit processed foods/sugar. Drink plenty of water, get good sleep, get outside in the sun, utilize cold therapy, exercise.

Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763520
01/05/23 04:23 PM
01/05/23 04:23 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
It absolutely has to be a lifestyle change if you hit the sugar every weekend you will be jonesing for it all week and it will extra suck and it won't work in the end.

it can make eating out not much fun to live the lifestyle but you learn to keep mostly on plan and it is amazing how much easier it gets in time.

Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763521
01/05/23 04:25 PM
01/05/23 04:25 PM
North Central Kansas
O
Orlando Offline
trapper
Orlando  Offline
trapper
O

North Central Kansas
I did keto two years ago and lost about 65 lbs. Felt great and had lots of energy, never sick. Had improvements in cholesterol and blood pressure as well. Only issue I had was trying to sleep at night when I was hungry.
Then, a year ago I fell off the low/no carb wagon (too much sweet tooth medicine) and also got into eating a lot of nuts - mostly almonds and peanuts. (still couldn't sleep, but at least I wasn't hungry). Gained almost 40 lbs back and am now trying to re-establish good habits.
My wife lost about 40 lbs about the same time and has kept it off.
My 2 cents.

Nature is reckless of the individual. Aldo Leupold.
Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763659
01/05/23 08:26 PM
01/05/23 08:26 PM
Custer Co, Idaho
S
sneaky Offline
trapper
sneaky  Offline
trapper
S

Custer Co, Idaho
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
anyone do it , goods and bad ?

I did it in 2021, lost 50lbs in pretty short order. Slept better, joints didn't hurt as much either. Expensive diet at today's prices unless you stacked your freezer full this fall.

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763807
01/05/23 10:05 PM
01/05/23 10:05 PM
Henry Co, IL
3togo Offline
trapper
3togo  Offline
trapper

Henry Co, IL
Low carb is your friend. As mentioned, avoid as much sugar as possible. One thing not mentioned is if you eat lean meat (venison, etc.) you will need to add fat to the meal or you will be hungry within 2-3 hours.

Salads and some low sugar fruits, berries, kiwi (cut the ends off and eat the skin with the fruit), green bananas. When they start getting ripe throw away. Limit beans and legumes. I do have a small, sweet potato once or twice a week.

Low carb is considered to be under 130 grams of carbs per day. Pretty easy to due. It's a good starting point.

Keto is considered to be 50 grams of carbs per day or less.

Read ALL package labels.

Either one will benefit anyone's long term health.

Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763855
01/05/23 11:08 PM
01/05/23 11:08 PM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Two years ago I thought I was going to have a heart attack pulling a sled with a 50 lb beaver across a muddy field about 150 yards to my truck. I Was out of breath and my heart was pounding. The next day I was at my daughters house and saw a set of scales on the floor so l weighed myself. WOW, 225lbs and I’m 5’10, something had to be done.

I started on a Keto diet that I kind of put together and it has worked great. I cut out bread and sugar and included a lot more meat and cheese and eggs and greens. I got down to 175 and have been able to stay there without much trouble.

One thing that will really help is fasting 14 to 18 hours, it really helps shed the pounds and isn’t hard to do. Once I figured out being a little hungry every now and then isn’t going to kill you it’s been smooth sailing.

Re: keto diet [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7763862
01/05/23 11:21 PM
01/05/23 11:21 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The reason people are overweight is that they eat too much.If you want to lose weight eat less(smaller portions),and do an activity as simple as walking for an hour a day and you will lose weight.
Simple as that.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: keto diet [Re: Boco] #7763884
01/06/23 12:00 AM
01/06/23 12:00 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Boco
The reason people are overweight is that they eat too much.If you want to lose weight eat less(smaller portions),and do an activity as simple as walking for an hour a day and you will lose weight.
Simple as that.

sort of , you can not loose fat without going into ketosis

Ketosis is when you use up the available sugar in the blood and your body starts converting fat into glucose to be used by the muscles.

so you can maintain weight on a lot less food than you might be eating currently and if your eating primarily carbs even in those smaller quantities you may not loose any weight all that is needed is to have enough blood sugar to stay out of Ketosis and you can feel liek your starving yourself but have enough sugar to keep from converting fat.

it requires you to have few enough carbs to get you started converting fat.
you can aid the transition by having some fat in your diet

but yes if you have a good diet with adequate fat and few enough carbs you will do the walk and burn up enough to get into ketosis

however say you had been a 3 20 oz bottle of cola a day person , you cut to 1 but you drink it as your taking your walk and you have cut your total food consumption to smaller portions ,yet you can keep yourself out of ketosis thus never burning fat but running on the reduced food intake and the sugar when you take the walk.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread