No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Correlation doesn't = causation #7766021
01/08/23 10:16 AM
01/08/23 10:16 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Online sick OP
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Online Sick OP
trapper
D

MN
Correlation does not equal causation BUT in my own life I find that as I consume more news I'm angrier and less productive.

I know we can't just bury our heads in the sand but there does seem to be a fine line between being informed and being riled up to the point it affects quality of life, atleast in my case.

We know screen time can be bad for children, I think we must be careful with it as adults as well.

Happy Sunday, be blessed, enjoy your family's and may the Packers lose in humiliating fashion!

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766024
01/08/23 10:22 AM
01/08/23 10:22 AM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin
With all that said...

GO, PACK, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moosetrot

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Moosetrot] #7766036
01/08/23 10:27 AM
01/08/23 10:27 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Moosetrot
With all that said...

GO, PACK, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moosetrot

X10

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766057
01/08/23 10:52 AM
01/08/23 10:52 AM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Correlation does not equal causation BUT in my own life I find that as I consume more news I'm angrier and less productive.

I know we can't just bury our heads in the sand but there does seem to be a fine line between being informed and being riled up to the point it affects quality of life, atleast in my case.

We know screen time can be bad for children, I think we must be careful with it as adults as well.

Happy Sunday, be blessed, enjoy your family's and may the Packers lose in humiliating fashion!

Yup, been trying to.limit my screen time, just #$@@ me off, lol.

Been spending more time DOING stuff.

Grandkids be here in a few, see what we can get into.today!

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Moosetrot] #7766063
01/08/23 10:59 AM
01/08/23 10:59 AM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by Moosetrot
With all that said...GO, PACK, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moosetrot

(BARF)

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766064
01/08/23 11:00 AM
01/08/23 11:00 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
I quit watching MSM years ago. I do occasionally spin through CNN, Fox and MSNBC for a few minutes in the morning over breakfast which confirms that I made the right decision.

I currently get most of my news from 1440, a daily email. The rest I get here.

Eh...wot?

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766074
01/08/23 11:14 AM
01/08/23 11:14 AM
ND
S
Skogmann Offline
trapper
Skogmann  Offline
trapper
S

ND
Agree. Wake up and look at local news. I will glance at national news but if I even start reading too many headlines that I feel have a hard liberal slant I start to get upset. I feel better if get up and tend to my family and work. I do pay more attention when elections come up. I feel the only way I can make a difference is through my vote and encouraging others to do the same.

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766090
01/08/23 11:40 AM
01/08/23 11:40 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Obsessions which we have no control over not only affect productivity but health as well.

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766103
01/08/23 12:05 PM
01/08/23 12:05 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I have found the sweet spot for me is watching to the point of working the heavy bag for an hour and stop watching before I feel the need to go out and burn up a bunch of ammo at the range.

-Goofy-
Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766108
01/08/23 12:16 PM
01/08/23 12:16 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I have three friends that are perpetually angry with the world. It is almost to the point that I avoid them.

They can’t find good in anything and they don’t trust anything. They are only happy when they can discuss their opinion with another person of like mind.

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: charles] #7766113
01/08/23 12:27 PM
01/08/23 12:27 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by charles
I have three friends that are perpetually angry with the world. It is almost to the point that I avoid them.

They can’t find good in anything and they don’t trust anything. They are only happy when they can discuss their opinion with another person of like mind.

Sound like my wife. frown

Who is John Galt?
Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766141
01/08/23 01:27 PM
01/08/23 01:27 PM
Wisconsin
A
Average Joe Offline
trapper
Average Joe  Offline
trapper
A

Wisconsin

…. and may the Packers lose in humiliating fashion!

Must be a Vikes fan dreading the thought of being humiliated by the Pack in the playoffs laugh

I’ve been sayin yes sir all day at work, I’ve been sayin yes ma’am at home…
Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Average Joe] #7766150
01/08/23 01:44 PM
01/08/23 01:44 PM
MN
D
trapper
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Average Joe

…. and may the Packers lose in humiliating fashion!

Must be a Vikes fan dreading the thought of being humiliated by the Pack in the playoffs laugh

Admitted vikes fan but ide like to see the Lions get in.

I threw that last quip in there because like the news sports can become an unhealthy obsession. Sports are a great way to spend time with family and just relax, I watch football on Sunday and just enjoy the time inside with the family.

Football Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday is to much for me.

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766155
01/08/23 01:48 PM
01/08/23 01:48 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
People need to find the means to be aware of what is truly going on and what the logical outcome of those things is without becoming 'angry' to the point that is consumes them. That is as unhealthy as fantasying outcomes that are highly improbable. Analyze what is happening/going to happen with honesty and then accept the result of that thought process. The next step is deciding if you can do anything about that and list what those things are. If you cannot do anything about what is going on/coming then figure out how to mitigate the effects of those things on you. Getting angry is a natural reaction but staying angry without a plan is a waste of time.

Personally, I am well aware of the 'news' and think that I have a good idea of what the future holds...I am passionate about staying informed but I am not consumed with anger at all...I am going thru an issue right now that angers me but I cannot change that without walking away and I am not walking away...so I just keep doing the next right thing in reaction to what 'they' are doing to me at that moment. It would be e-z to walk away and remain angry but that is not an option which I will choose...

Realize that no matter what is happening there is always something you can do. Maybe you cannot stop things from happening but you can always do something to put yourself in a better position to deal with what is coming. Never surrender, accepting that a certain outcome is inevitable is not giving up it is simple being realistic and then you can move on to what is next. Sheep dream of a 'better' outcome, men improve their position to deal with what is coming.....be a man not a sheep.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7766159
01/08/23 01:51 PM
01/08/23 01:51 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Screw that, it’s more relaxing thinking about the physical shellacking the liberals are in line for. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Marty] #7766172
01/08/23 02:01 PM
01/08/23 02:01 PM
ND
S
Skogmann Offline
trapper
Skogmann  Offline
trapper
S

ND
Originally Posted by Marty
People need to find the means to be aware of what is truly going on and what the logical outcome of those things is without becoming 'angry' to the point that is consumes them. That is as unhealthy as fantasying outcomes that are highly improbable. Analyze what is happening/going to happen with honesty and then accept the result of that thought process. The next step is deciding if you can do anything about that and list what those things are. If you cannot do anything about what is going on/coming then figure out how to mitigate the effects of those things on you. Getting angry is a natural reaction but staying angry without a plan is a waste of time.

Personally, I am well aware of the 'news' and think that I have a good idea of what the future holds...I am passionate about staying informed but I am not consumed with anger at all...I am going thru an issue right now that angers me but I cannot change that without walking away and I am not walking away...so I just keep doing the next right thing in reaction to what 'they' are doing to me at that moment. It would be e-z to walk away and remain angry but that is not an option which I will choose...

Realize that no matter what is happening there is always something you can do. Maybe you cannot stop things from happening but you can always do something to put yourself in a better position to deal with what is coming. Never surrender, accepting that a certain outcome is inevitable is not giving up it is simple being realistic and then you can move on to what is next. Sheep dream of a 'better' outcome, men improve their position to deal with what is coming.....be a man not a sheep.

Everyone should have to read this before proceeding onto the internet
grin

Last edited by Skogmann; 01/08/23 02:03 PM.
Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Marty] #7766176
01/08/23 02:09 PM
01/08/23 02:09 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

Makes sense.
I have a better chance of adapting to the weather than changing it.

Re: Correlation doesn't = causation [Re: Skogmann] #7766370
01/08/23 06:36 PM
01/08/23 06:36 PM
MN
D
trapper
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Skogmann

Everyone should have to read this before proceeding onto the internet
grin

Very well said.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread