ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
CO2 tank storage and usage question #7766124
01/08/23 12:57 PM
01/08/23 12:57 PM
Tennessee
T
TNADC Offline OP
trapper
TNADC  Offline OP
trapper
T

Tennessee
Can you transport a CO2 tank on its side and then stand it up to use once you're at your location? Shoot me a pm please; I have additional questions re: dispatching. Thanks

Re: CO2 tank storage and usage question [Re: TNADC] #7766302
01/08/23 05:37 PM
01/08/23 05:37 PM
VA
M
missinglink Offline
trapper
missinglink  Offline
trapper
M

VA
I worked with 5 lb CO2 tanks for 30 years. In transport, you DO NOT want to rest the tank on its side. The gas takes on liquid form and will settle around the pressure relief built into the tank valve, which makes the relief valve ineffective. Under high temperatures the gas expands and builds up excessive pressure. The company I worked for lost a couple of vehicles to tanks exploding, fortunately with no injuries, but a couple of totaled vehicles. In the summer your daytime highs could reach high enough inside a vehicle to cause this critical stage. I built a simple plywood box with several layers of foam insulation bored to bottle diameter to keep them upright and insulated during transport

Re: CO2 tank storage and usage question [Re: TNADC] #7766333
01/08/23 06:00 PM
01/08/23 06:00 PM
Tennessee
T
TNADC Offline OP
trapper
TNADC  Offline OP
trapper
T

Tennessee
Yikes. Thanks for the reply. I keep a 20 pound tank next to my vehicle in the garage. When I go out to check traps, I slide it in on its side in a saddle strapped in so it does not have a chance to roll around. If I'm successful, I take the tank out, stand it upright and hook up to my chamber.

Re: CO2 tank storage and usage question [Re: TNADC] #7769801
01/12/23 12:57 PM
01/12/23 12:57 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Here is information on CO Tank Storage

- Tanks should never be stored inside a passenger compartment.
- Temperatures must not exceed 150° F
- Tanks can be stored upright ( preferred ) or horizontal and always secured in place.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread