No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New 4.5 Sleepy Creeks came in!! [Re: Raptortrapper] #7776101
01/18/23 11:34 PM
01/18/23 11:34 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
LOL, Crowfoot. I'm glad you got em set, purse or not.

Re: New 4.5 Sleepy Creeks came in!! [Re: Raptortrapper] #7776112
01/18/23 11:53 PM
01/18/23 11:53 PM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
I thought about cutting off the extended base on mine so they could break over and then I could maybe set them over my knee. But never did it. Not sure how they would be to set by hand if they would break over, I set #4 Victors and Blake and Lambs that way and it isn't hard at all. But a #3 Newhouse that has the extended base is REALLY tough to get set over your knee, because you can't break over the springs. I have a 14 or 41 (can't remember which, the offset with teeth) Newhouse and there is no way I can set it over my knee.

A tip, they are kind of a rough trap, if you wax them everything works smooth and they set way easier.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread