No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How to manage a bucket toilet? [Re: 2zwudz] #7782262
01/25/23 07:04 PM
01/25/23 07:04 PM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
when we went ice fishing to Minnesota they had a bucket with bags , just take a bags outside and they froze , we use the same concept went we went hunting we put the small bag in a big one and last night of the hunt we got a real good fire going and burn all the waste

Re: How to manage a bucket toilet? [Re: 2zwudz] #7782304
01/25/23 08:05 PM
01/25/23 08:05 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
At my camp I have an unheated outhouse but a heated shower shed. We use the bucket toilet in there, it's heated after all. Tractor Supply here sell pelletized animal bedding. It's super absorbant and has a fresh hay smell. A big handful in the bucket, do your business, liquid and solid. When done another handfull on top, no smell or liquid left. I dig a couple post holes in the fall, lay a board on top and that's where I dump the bucket in the winter. In warm months we just use the two holer... grin grin

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: How to manage a bucket toilet? [Re: Jumperzee] #7782569
01/26/23 02:28 AM
01/26/23 02:28 AM
MN
M
Mark K Offline
trapper
Mark K  Offline
trapper
M

MN
Originally Posted by Jumperzee

Ok, why not just cut the bottom out of the bucket and stick it over a hole? Portable outhouse...

We did this for years when we had play land before mother sold it. I dug a hole a deep as I could get it and put a sheet of good plywood over the hole with a hole to let the poop fall through. I had a camp toilet which I attached a 6 gallon bucket with the bottom cut out. It worked great and it never filled up enough to worry about re-digging a new one. The only problem was that my niece Anne never could remember to put the paper back in the coffee can so the paper was always wet. Eventually I stopped putting TP out and kept a roll in the truck.

Re: How to manage a bucket toilet? [Re: Mark K] #7782576
01/26/23 04:20 AM
01/26/23 04:20 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Mark K
Originally Posted by Jumperzee

Ok, why not just cut the bottom out of the bucket and stick it over a hole? Portable outhouse...

We did this for years when we had play land before mother sold it. I dug a hole a deep as I could get it and put a sheet of good plywood over the hole with a hole to let the poop fall through. I had a camp toilet which I attached a 6 gallon bucket with the bottom cut out. It worked great and it never filled up enough to worry about re-digging a new one. The only problem was that my niece Anne never could remember to put the paper back in the coffee can so the paper was always wet. Eventually I stopped putting TP out and kept a roll in the truck.

it is call context , lots of reasons to have a bucket toilet.

if your reason is because you have your own land and can dig a hole and put the bucket over it works well

works less well when your in a state park sites all in easy view of each other.

or your in need of a way to go on a job site in the back of your service van - for that we did use trash bags , always had buckets and trash bags in the truck and a dumpster at the shop.

I suppose it could work in the shanty but , you are fishing in that water so take it of the lake

could be your doing a plumbing project and the toilet is not going to be attached to the floor for a few hours or a day.

lots of reasons

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 01/26/23 04:22 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread