Strictly Trapping


No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)



TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum



Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Red Coyote #7782676
01/26/23 08:00 AM
01/26/23 08:00 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
East Central Wi.
coyote addict Offline OP
trapper
coyote addict  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jan 2016
East Central Wi.
I saw this guy 2 times this summer, I was wondering if he was still around. Well yesterday morning I found out, and he was in perfect shape. I do believe that I caught one of his offspring 2 weeks earlier a female. Color phases are pretty rare in my area so I'm [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
mounting this guy.
Bottom picture is what I believe is his daughter.


Member -W.T.A. N.T.A. - N.R. A.
A Shotgun. A Rifle and a 4 Wheel Drive.. A Country Boy. Will Survive
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7782687
01/26/23 08:11 AM
01/26/23 08:11 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Central Susquehanna Valley
H
Hern Offline
trapper
Hern  Offline
trapper
H

Joined: Dec 2006
Central Susquehanna Valley
Sweet

Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7782689
01/26/23 08:16 AM
01/26/23 08:16 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
east central WI
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2009
east central WI
Nice catch, fur looks nice still also. Be sure to post pics of the mount.


"in the midst of a savage wilderness to depend entirely upon their unassisted strength and hardihood"
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7782697
01/26/23 08:23 AM
01/26/23 08:23 AM
Joined: Dec 2021
New Mexico
C
ChadDaniel Offline
trapper
ChadDaniel  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Dec 2021
New Mexico
Really cool


May God bless you and yours
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7782754
01/26/23 08:58 AM
01/26/23 08:58 AM
Joined: Dec 2017
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2017
Kansas
Congrats. Thanks for posting


Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Red Coyote [Re: k snow] #7783763
01/27/23 09:13 AM
01/27/23 09:13 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
East Central Wi.
coyote addict Offline OP
trapper
coyote addict  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jan 2016
East Central Wi.
Originally Posted by k snow
Nice catch, fur looks nice still also. Be sure to post pics of the mount.


Yes, I couldn't have asked for a better pelt. Even the few burdocks he had on his tail came out very easily.


Member -W.T.A. N.T.A. - N.R. A.
A Shotgun. A Rifle and a 4 Wheel Drive.. A Country Boy. Will Survive
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7783780
01/27/23 09:45 AM
01/27/23 09:45 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Illinois
Keep your traps set in that area as from my experience there are other "blessed" with that color phase...taxidermy item for sure.

Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7784375
01/27/23 10:33 PM
01/27/23 10:33 PM
Joined: Nov 2015
Oscoda, Michigan
John-Chagnon Offline
trapper
John-Chagnon  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2015
Oscoda, Michigan
Nice

Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7784613
01/28/23 07:18 AM
01/28/23 07:18 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Allegany State Park in WNY
Archeryguy Offline
trapper
Archeryguy  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2011
Allegany State Park in WNY
Congrats to the OP. Beautiful yote.

I caught one a few years ago and at first thought is was a huge red fox. lol
Still waiting on an all black one.


[Linked Image]

Last edited by Archeryguy; 01/28/23 07:19 AM.
Re: Red Coyote [Re: Archeryguy] #7784648
01/28/23 08:46 AM
01/28/23 08:46 AM
Joined: Jan 2016
East Central Wi.
coyote addict Offline OP
trapper
coyote addict  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jan 2016
East Central Wi.
Yep, Archeryguy a black one is what keeps me going too. If I ever get one, I will still trap coyotes cuss I love doing it.
And thanks everyone.


Member -W.T.A. N.T.A. - N.R. A.
A Shotgun. A Rifle and a 4 Wheel Drive.. A Country Boy. Will Survive
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7784674
01/28/23 09:18 AM
01/28/23 09:18 AM
Joined: Sep 2010
NC, Person Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

Joined: Sep 2010
NC, Person Co.
I started a thread a while back on Unique Color Coyotes showing some I caught including a red. Quite a few folks posted theirs as well. Here is a link:
Unique Color Coyotes


Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7784702
01/28/23 09:48 AM
01/28/23 09:48 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
trapper
Yes sir  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Jan 2017
Marion Kansas
We had a few of the fox colored red ones a few years ago. Haven't seen any for awhile which is OK I like pale coyotes myself.

Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7784825
01/28/23 11:56 AM
01/28/23 11:56 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Jan 2007
Northern Nevada
Nice lookin pelt there. I’ve never seen or heard of any color phase coyote around here, just plain old normal colors


"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7784835
01/28/23 12:06 PM
01/28/23 12:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
central Illinois
yoteguts Offline
trapper
yoteguts  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jul 2008
central Illinois
Getting more common here every year. Reds,yellow, and rarely a white or black one.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]




I'm itchin' to see a coyote twitchin'.

More trappin' and less yappin'.



Member FTA & USSA.





Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7784850
01/28/23 12:22 PM
01/28/23 12:22 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Allegany State Park in WNY
Archeryguy Offline
trapper
Archeryguy  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2011
Allegany State Park in WNY
[Linked Image]

I believe this one was caught in North Central Pennsylvania.

Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7785245
01/28/23 09:51 PM
01/28/23 09:51 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

Joined: Jun 2010
MT (Big Sky Country)
Here in Montana they call them a " Colorado Red " if you know anyone with a leather sewing machine they could become a very nice fur teddy bear or garment for someone special .


You're friend along the snare line .
Allan
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7789915
02/03/23 11:31 AM
02/03/23 11:31 AM
Joined: Dec 2014
MN
Y
yukonal Offline
trapper
yukonal  Offline
trapper
Y

Joined: Dec 2014
MN
I turned both of mine into wall hangers. Very cool fur!

Re: Red Coyote [Re: yukonal] #7789954
02/03/23 12:24 PM
02/03/23 12:24 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

Joined: Feb 2015
alabama
White color phase. Alabama

769196B1-15D1-479C-95DC-15F606CB5F42.jpeg
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7790914
02/04/23 03:26 PM
02/04/23 03:26 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
East Central Wi.
coyote addict Offline OP
trapper
coyote addict  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jan 2016
East Central Wi.
Those color phases sure are nice, especially the white ones . I wish I could now catch a nice prime black phase for my bucket list. Tight chains everyone!


Member -W.T.A. N.T.A. - N.R. A.
A Shotgun. A Rifle and a 4 Wheel Drive.. A Country Boy. Will Survive
Re: Red Coyote [Re: coyote addict] #7790938
02/04/23 04:07 PM
02/04/23 04:07 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Jan 2007
Northern Nevada
Steel traps, that one looks like a “no fur” phase!


"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter 

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1