Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Upsetting the 'Apple' cart. . . [Re: randall brannon] #7803754
02/21/23 12:15 PM
02/21/23 12:15 PM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
Originally Posted by randall brannon
Originally Posted by LT GREY
Shame Washington state has lost it's trapping rights on foot holds

That is a shame. That is also one of the reasons I did not like Florida. I even had a nosy neighbor sic the Police on me for having some Foothold traps hanging in my shed. I bought them at a rummage sale for pennies. It is not illegal to Posses them just to set them is what the Officer told her.

I read the Washington trapping regs and am wondering what traps are legal? It seems Washington has eliminated all traps. Am I reading it wrong?

Re: Upsetting the 'Apple' cart. . . [Re: LT GREY] #7805925
02/24/23 12:06 AM
02/24/23 12:06 AM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
Cage traps, colony traps, etc. are legal in Washington. As are the Koro rat traps (don't ask me why they are, but they are the only bodygripping trap legal). Other than the Koro rat trap no trap that grips the body are a part of the body (footholds) is legal. I believe they amended it to make mole traps and mouse traps legal, they were not when they first passed the law but the golfers didn't like moles tearing up their golf courses after they voted to eliminate bodygripping traps.

Re: Upsetting the 'Apple' cart. . . [Re: bearcat2] #7806022
02/24/23 08:10 AM
02/24/23 08:10 AM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
Originally Posted by bearcat2
Cage traps, colony traps, etc. are legal in Washington. As are the Koro rat traps (don't ask me why they are, but they are the only bodygripping trap legal). Other than the Koro rat trap no trap that grips the body are a part of the body (footholds) is legal. I believe they amended it to make mole traps and mouse traps legal, they were not when they first passed the law but the golfers didn't like moles tearing up their golf courses after they voted to eliminate bodygripping traps.

I guess I didn't read it wrong. Basically trapping is outlawed.

Re: Upsetting the 'Apple' cart. . . [Re: Spike369] #7806029
02/24/23 08:25 AM
02/24/23 08:25 AM
Sultan , Wa
Jakeland Offline
trapper
Jakeland  Offline
trapper

Sultan , Wa
Originally Posted by Spike369
Originally Posted by bearcat2

I guess I didn't read it wrong. Basically trapping is outlawed.

Trapping is legal and actually growing! I catch as many cats with cages as I did with conventional traps but just can’t carry as many 😃. Swim through cages for beaver . Otter and rats are very effective and the koro rat trap are killers on mink and marten ! Mole traps are still illegal though
After all that I would love to have the use of all conventional traps but it’ll never happen again

Re: Upsetting the 'Apple' cart. . . [Re: LT GREY] #7806489
02/24/23 07:45 PM
02/24/23 07:45 PM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
Man, now I'm really confused. My first year trapping and I only caught 1 coyote. Coyotes are what I want to catch but I don't seem smart enough. I'm going to try everything, Dirt holes with pee, dirt holes without pee. Sets with bait sets without bait. I don't know , I just can't figure out how to get coyotes. I even have 2 dozen snares out and can't get any. You guys make it seem easy, but it ain't!!

Re: Upsetting the 'Apple' cart. . . [Re: Spike369] #7806603
02/24/23 10:27 PM
02/24/23 10:27 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by Spike369
Man, now I'm really confused. My first year trapping and I only caught 1 coyote. Coyotes are what I want to catch but I don't seem smart enough. I'm going to try everything, Dirt holes with pee, dirt holes without pee. Sets with bait sets without bait. I don't know , I just can't figure out how to get coyotes. I even have 2 dozen snares out and can't get any. You guys make it seem easy, but it ain't!!

Read anything in the archives about coyotes. Read Savells and Steeltraps post. Keep it simple. Bed solid. Set on sign. Don’t over lure.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91