No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
How have things changed? #7805934
02/24/23 12:37 AM
02/24/23 12:37 AM
West Central Illinois
I
il.trapper Offline OP
trapper
il.trapper  Offline OP
trapper
I

West Central Illinois
Just finished watching a movie from 1995. It is about some soldiers of the 12th Calvary who saved 300-400 horses that were to be slaughtered. The beginning scene is from a real incident that took place in 1932 I believe. Real good movie overall. "Pursuit of Honor"

Anyway I hear the question all the time asking about will our military today actually fight the citizens of their own country if they are told to. This movie brings that to bear. Throughout the movie there are some in the military who seem to think it is an honor to fight their own people. Others not so much. Some flatly refuse.

I have never been in the military. Don't know what to think really. I am told by some in the military, past and present, that basically the same thing will, or would, happen today. Some will fight or even kill American citizens, some may or may not, and some will flat out refuse to do so.

I just hope and pray it is the majority that flatly refuses. I guess this would pertain to the LE officers also.

Re: How have things changed? [Re: il.trapper] #7805938
02/24/23 12:57 AM
02/24/23 12:57 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
Originally Posted by il.trapper
Just finished watching a movie from 1995. It is about some soldiers of the 12th Calvary who saved 300-400 horses that were to be slaughtered. The beginning scene is from a real incident that took place in 1932 I believe. Real good movie overall. "Pursuit of Honor"

Anyway I hear the question all the time asking about will our military today actually fight the citizens of their own country if they are told to. This movie brings that to bear. Throughout the movie there are some in the military who seem to think it is an honor to fight their own people. Others not so much. Some flatly refuse.

I have never been in the military. Don't know what to think really. I am told by some in the military, past and present, that basically the same thing will, or would, happen today. Some will fight or even kill American citizens, some may or may not, and some will flat out refuse to do so.

I just hope and pray it is the majority that flatly refuses. I guess this would pertain to the LE officers also.

And according to the Constitution the Military is not supposed to Fire on or attack American Citizens but Logan County WV proved that they will and DO!! During the Mine wars the President sent a Rail Car with two Flat Cars with Gatling Guns and they Machine Gunned the whole town. Only the Women and Children were home. The men were all off Fighting. So they Dynamited a Trestle ahead of the Rail Road and when the Locomotive went ahead to the blasted Trestle they Blasted the one behind it. Then waited them out and took no Prisoners. That is how we became Unionized and started getting away from Company Stores Housing and scripts. They actually have many books of it.

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Re: How have things changed? [Re: il.trapper] #7805975
02/24/23 06:17 AM
02/24/23 06:17 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
The woke military will have no issue firing on citizens.

-Goofy-
Re: How have things changed? [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7805989
02/24/23 07:05 AM
02/24/23 07:05 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
The woke military will have no issue firing on citizens.
then
I'll have no issue firing back.

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread