Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Otter Trapping Larger Creeks [Re: Northernbeaver] #7822770
03/17/23 01:09 PM
03/17/23 01:09 PM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline OP
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline OP
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere
Originally Posted by Northernbeaver
I've noticed otters tend to go over culverts occasionally go around bridges. I think they like the rush of running down the bank and into the water. You can often find the crossovers where the would do this.
I haven't caught many otter due to my state's limit so I haven't used many sets other than just blind sets.
Don't be afraid to put 6-8 traps at a location to help learn good trap locations based off what produces.

I've noticed that too northernbeaver, they rarely will go through a culvert here.

From what I can tell they are going under the bridges

Thanks for the tips, I will definitely gang set them and try to cover all my bases

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: Otter Trapping Larger Creeks [Re: coondagger2] #7827184
03/22/23 08:32 PM
03/22/23 08:32 PM
SE Kansas
K
K52 Offline
trapper
K52  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kansas
Look for faint trails on each end of the bridge going down the bank to the water. I think more otter go around a bridge than through one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91