No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823200
03/18/23 01:59 AM
03/18/23 01:59 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
In a nutshell, when a person eats a high carb diet their kidneys retain salt and water. And that excess water is stored as fat and is also introduced into your blood stream, and like any closed hydraulic system, when you add more liquid, the pressure goes up. Also, the plaque in the arteries increases pressure of course.

The solution is not meds. All one has to do is stop eating, potatoes, noodles, bread ,rice, all grains, sugar and beer. High blood pressure is just a symptom of the onset of diabetes.

Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823204
03/18/23 02:15 AM
03/18/23 02:15 AM
Arizona
S
Starbits Offline
trapper
Starbits  Offline
trapper
S

Arizona
I have lost 35 pounds since the end of January. Started feeling light headed a couple weeks ago. Started taking blood pressure readings. Lowest was 98/62. Stopped taking bp meds 3 days ago, bp today was 119/76 and no longer light headed. Will get another week of no meds data and then go talk to the doc.

Re: Blood pressure [Re: Mike C] #7823206
03/18/23 02:30 AM
03/18/23 02:30 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Originally Posted by Mike C
One thing to take into account on blood pressure is chronic pain will increase your blood pressure. A bad back, knee, ankle, shoulder or any area that causes constant pain will raise your bp. How much depends on severity of pain, what triggers it and several other factors.

Never thought about this. Something to consider.

Re: Blood pressure [Re: yukonjeff] #7823207
03/18/23 02:32 AM
03/18/23 02:32 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by yukonjeff
High blood pressure is just a symptom of the onset of diabetes.

Been a type 2 for a few years now with zero bp issue. Can you elaborate? Is there something coming I need to get out in front of?

-Goofy-
Re: Blood pressure [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7823214
03/18/23 02:48 AM
03/18/23 02:48 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
High blood pressure is just a symptom of the onset of diabetes.

Been a type 2 for a few years now with zero bp issue. Can you elaborate? Is there something coming I need to get out in front of?

You can and should reverse your type II. Just change your diet. There are many symptoms of diabetes. Worsening vison, frequent urination, numbing of hands and feet, skin problems, HBP,
heart attack and stroke.

You can lower our blood sugar if you drink a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of water before each meal. its been proven in studies.

Also drink Hibiscus tea after meals. It also proven in studies to lower blood sugar. Taste like cranberry juice I drink it every day. Lemon water is very good for you too.

Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823238
03/18/23 06:19 AM
03/18/23 06:19 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
I am thinking 120/80 is pretty good, how about 142/89 @ 6:30 AM and 120/90 @ 1:00 PM?

Did you get the Vax? Lotsa ppl who did are experiencing high blood pressure that wasn't there before.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823245
03/18/23 06:34 AM
03/18/23 06:34 AM
Ohio, Old fart to some.
ack Online content
trapper
ack  Online Content
trapper

Ohio, Old fart to some.
I was on the same BP meds for 15 years. Always 125/80.
18 months after covid I tried to donate blood. It was 205/110.
Went and seen my doc. Switched meds. Now on 2 different. Now around 135/90 but my heart rate went from 75 to a 100.
Heading in this morning for blood work. Trying to get thinks better.

My wife always had low BP. We got covid the same time. Hers spiked to 150/100. She started taking my leftover old.meds. her numbers are perfect now. She is getting blood work done this morning as well.

Donating blood to the red cross has lead to several conversations. The ladies there said they have seen a vary large rise in average BP across the board since covid. I mentioned that to my Dr. He laughed and left the room. His nurse nodded in agreement after he left.

_________

I used to have superpowers… but a therapist took them away.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Re: Blood pressure [Re: BernieB.] #7823277
03/18/23 07:39 AM
03/18/23 07:39 AM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
Originally Posted by BernieB.
Mine's running 180-200 over 120-140.

Pretty high. They gave me some blood pressure meds, the numbers came down some, but when I tried to get a refill, they said I have to go back to the doctor. Why the heck did they say I have 3 refills left if I have to go back to the doctor every time? That was last spring.

I avoid salt like the plague but that doesn't seem to matter. I seriously do not know if this is really serious like they say or if it's a big money wheel for the doctors and the pharmacies. I hate doctoring.

My stress levels are OFF THE CHART right now but that is out of my hands. It'll get better with time.

A lack of salt causes blood pressure issues too. 5 years ago I had that problem. Don't worry about salt anymore and BP yesterday was 121 over 70. Talk to your doctor and eat some salt.

Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823319
03/18/23 08:21 AM
03/18/23 08:21 AM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
119/70 just took mine. Mine gets better as day goes on and if I do a lot of physical labor mine goes down from this number also. I know that seems odd but that is how my BP is.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823326
03/18/23 08:25 AM
03/18/23 08:25 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Stay off the internet for better readings is what I found the web is a killer.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Blood pressure [Re: yukonjeff] #7823398
03/18/23 09:23 AM
03/18/23 09:23 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
In a nutshell, when a person eats a high carb diet their kidneys retain salt and water. And that excess water is stored as fat and is also introduced into your blood stream, and like any closed hydraulic system, when you add more liquid, the pressure goes up. Also, the plaque in the arteries increases pressure of course.

The solution is not meds. All one has to do is stop eating, potatoes, noodles, bread ,rice, all grains, sugar and beer. High blood pressure is just a symptom of the onset of diabetes.

I agree with this 100%. Lots of studies prove it

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Blood pressure [Re: yukon254] #7823600
03/18/23 11:37 AM
03/18/23 11:37 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by yukon254

I agree with this 100%. Lots of studies prove it

I went on this low carb high protein diet for about 2 months. I lost a little over 10 pounds. But, my BP never really changed. However, constipation became a major issue. I tried everything to remedy that, tablespoons of olive oil, Metamucil, even Miralax. Nothing helped. I still avoid carbs to a point. I did find a can of Coors Light or a couple prunes helped the constipation problem.

According to a nephrologist I see for stage 3 kidney disease, a high protein, low carb diet is hard on your kidneys. He told me to reduce my protein intake some and eat some grains, fruit, and fiber.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823644
03/18/23 12:15 PM
03/18/23 12:15 PM
Ohio
M
Mike C Offline
trapper
Mike C  Offline
trapper
M

Ohio
Salt, no salt
Meds, no meds
Do what works for me, see a doctor

A whole lot of conflicting information in this thread.

Those with high blood pressure - see a doctor. Discuss holistics, discuss meds, discuss complications of high blood pressure over time. Then decide what’s best for you. Keep in mind you may get your treatment right the first time or it may take several attempts at different treatments to find what works for you.

Those with high sugar due to type II diabetes - this is not a “nutshell” disease. Type II is a condition where one’s body does not produce enough insulin. It is also a disease where that insulin in not metabolized as efficiently as it should. Yes, you lower you blood sugar by reducing sweets (simple carbs) and starches (complex carbs). Starches/carbohydrates are worse for you than sweets. Sweets are metabolized by insulin. Carbs must first be converted to sugar before the body can metabolize them with insulin. Exercise can not be emphasized enough, even small amounts, even if it is just walking. Exercise helps the body produce more insulin and also helps the body use it more efficiently, lowering blood sugar levels.

Depending on your individual situation you may be able to bring your glucose levels back to normal with just exercise and watching your diet. You may need a little insulin, you may need a lot of insulin.

Most folks know someone who is diabetic, some will test their blood to see if “they are diabetic”. While it is good to know if you have high blood sugar, this test is only a snapshot of what your sugar level is at that moment. A simple blood test, which can be done when you have any other blood work done, can give you a more accurate diagnosis. This test is called an A1C test. Some doctors run this test when you have other blood work done, some doctors will check this if you ask for it to be done. Ask.

If you have diabetes please see a doctor, and not just you family doctor. Endocrinologist (gland doctors) treat the whole body. This is very important as diabetes is a whole body disease. Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to blindness, nerve damage to hands and feet (peripheral neuropathy), amputation of toes, feet and legs, kidney disease just to name a few. These complications can practically be eliminated with proper monitoring and treatment.

Finally, diabetes can NOT be cured. Proper treatment and monitoring can bring your glucose numbers back to normal, which renders you as a non-diabetic SYMPTOMATICALLY. This only means that you no longer show symptoms of diabetes. But return to your diet and level of exercise and your high sugar will return.

Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823705
03/18/23 01:19 PM
03/18/23 01:19 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Diabetes CAN be cured. The damage is already done to your body, but you wont need insulin or have continuing symptoms if you change your diet to low carb. No more symptom's so no more problems.

Some of you guys need to find new doctors, or better yet change your diet and quit seeing them.

Re: Blood pressure [Re: yukonjeff] #7823709
03/18/23 01:22 PM
03/18/23 01:22 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Diabetes CAN be cured. The damage is already done to your body, but you wont need insulin or have continuing symptoms if you change your diet to low carb. No more symptom's so no more problems.

Some of you guys need to find new doctors, or better yet change your diet and quit seeing them.

I see a few type 2 diabetes folks that take their meds and still keep eating things they should not, it amazes me they get by with it bu it will catch up with them.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823721
03/18/23 01:32 PM
03/18/23 01:32 PM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska
Very true the meds only mask the systems. When you have been eating a high carb diet for a long time your body cant keep up with the insulin needed to neutralize all the blood sugar, so it just gives up. And then you are insulin resistant, and bad things are happing to your body.

The doctors will be happy to write you a prescription and get their kick back from the drug companies and you will be back to see them next month. Win win for them.

I also find it funny that the medical industry refers to it as a disease. Its not a disease. Its self inflicted slow death. No different than a drug user, smoker or alcoholic.

Re: Blood pressure [Re: yukonjeff] #7823735
03/18/23 01:42 PM
03/18/23 01:42 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon

Couldnt agree more. The information is out there and more coming every day. This fella is the doctor that cured me. When I was diagnosed with RA my CRP was off the charts. Well over 200. According to modern medicine, my family doctor, and two rheumatologists there was no option other than drugs. I refused and found this clinic and now my CRP is normal. No symptoms at all.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/in-depth...-diet-groundbreaking-diabetes-treatment/

Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823759
03/18/23 02:14 PM
03/18/23 02:14 PM
Ohio
M
Mike C Offline
trapper
Mike C  Offline
trapper
M

Ohio
Yukonjeff, you mentioned alcoholism. Just because one stops drinking alcohol does not mean they are no longer an alcoholic. Start drinking again and you again go down that dark hole. Likewise, just because you control your sugar and carb intake to the point that your glucose levels return to normal does not mean you are cured of diabetes. Overwhelm you body with more sugar and carbs than you can naturally metabolize and your diabetes will return. Rather than argue the semantics on the definition on cured, maybe a more accurate term would be “dormant”. Controlled, you no longer suffer the affects or consequences, uncontrolled they return.

I partially agree with you that folks can control diabetes with diet alone. But not everyone is able to do this by diet alone, and require insulin. We can probably also agree that those who are less conscientious about diet and exercise require more insulin due to their habits than they should.

Re: Blood pressure [Re: Nittany Lion] #7823764
03/18/23 02:17 PM
03/18/23 02:17 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Get fit and stay that way so your acm risk% goes way down. just being the proper weight and walking a few miles a day will lower your acm risk% by hundreds of %. Not to mention your quality of life goes way up.

acm-all cause mortality.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Blood pressure [Re: Mike C] #7823775
03/18/23 02:28 PM
03/18/23 02:28 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Mike C
Yukonjeff, you mentioned alcoholism. Just because one stops drinking alcohol does not mean they are no longer an alcoholic. Start drinking again and you again go down that dark hole. Likewise, just because you control your sugar and carb intake to the point that your glucose levels return to normal does not mean you are cured of diabetes. Overwhelm you body with more sugar and carbs than you can naturally metabolize and your diabetes will return. Rather than argue the semantics on the definition on cured, maybe a more accurate term would be “dormant”. Controlled, you no longer suffer the affects or consequences, uncontrolled they return.

I partially agree with you that folks can control diabetes with diet alone. But not everyone is able to do this by diet alone, and require insulin. We can probably also agree that those who are less conscientious about diet and exercise require more insulin due to their habits than they should.

This is the question I had after about a year with no symptoms. Was i 'cured' or not ? Modern medicine says no you cant "cure' RA. However 5 years later I can now eat certain things that I couldnt before without a major flare up. Am I cured?? My CRP levels are normal, I have zero symptoms, and my blood work including my A1C are perfect as is my BP. All those markers were in bad shape before so I think Im cured.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread