No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Trapping Politics forum [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7817333
03/10/23 08:38 AM
03/10/23 08:38 AM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
Thanks White.

Re: Trapping Politics forum [Re: Jtrapper] #7817368
03/10/23 09:22 AM
03/10/23 09:22 AM
PA
W
w side rd 151 Offline
trapper
w side rd 151  Offline
trapper
W

PA
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
trapper dahlgren i wish you luck just not sure if you have anything left in those board rooms to work with, i been out of pocket since 2013 when i resigned as nta director, se regional director and all that but best advice i can give you is never forget no good deed goes unpunished in that business!

All the idea's you listed require some to get off the recliner and actually do something, good luck with that. Charlie Rath called us the STP crew, same ten people , lol. And usually wasn't even ten to help out when something came up!

Sad to say it but you are right People always complain about someone should do this or that. And when some one makes a good effort the same complainers now are quick to point out how it was not good enough One time I was manning a Pheasants Forever booth at a winter time outdoor show And a young man approached and said what do I get if I join ?The way he said it was the typical what is in it for me attitude. I replied that he should not bother signing up because the right question is how can I become a part of helping the chapter improve and be valuable to the needs of sportsmen .And my time as a Habitat Chairman of a local PF chapter was often spend listening to the Some one should do something about this or this or this But they had no intention to help .Far to many people never understand how much time and often how much volunteers spend their own money to achieve the goals of the group they are working for only for the reward of getting critized for what did not meet the desire of the ones that did nothing

Re: Trapping Politics forum [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7817527
03/10/23 12:34 PM
03/10/23 12:34 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
When I first clicked on I couldn't see anything except "be civil or be gone". Now I can see 5 posts. So all's OK
just

Re: Trapping Politics forum [Re: Trapper Dahlgren] #7825914
03/21/23 05:55 AM
03/21/23 05:55 AM
Iowa
B
Bruce Rhoads Offline
trapper
Bruce Rhoads  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Originally Posted by Trapper Dahlgren
so some ask what I would like to do has president , first have a more open presidency, keep people informed, I would really like to straight out how vendors choose their spots , do this by talking to all vendors all vendors!!!!, without vendors we don't have a show!!!, try to get other sport groups to realizes that they need us , the way cattleman and sheep farms do, get adds, billboards out there that say you enjoy duck hunting thank a trapper, with pictures of animals raiding a duck nest, and so on and so on , let the states no how much money hunting and fishing brings in for each state and then tell them how much we do for hunting and fishing, we need to get a trappers banquet in every small town in every state, we need to work with local trapping clubs to get this done, I've seen firsthand what this can do for a club, it brings in membership, but it also brings in a lot of money , and with money you can do a lot for trapping , a banquet you get other sportsman to attend and spend money to help support your trapping club, we have two banquets here and we make more money than we do at convention, IT TAKE MONEY TO DEFEND TRAPPING ,and every club that I talk to needs money THESE ARE JUST SOME OF WHAT I WOULD HOPE TO DO , most of all listen to the membership,

I directed specific questions to both candidates on the political forum. I'd say by this post you are the other candidate. Could you come over and check it out? This isn't the place and I'm not sure you are over there to see the questions. Thanks

Last edited by Bruce Rhoads; 03/21/23 05:56 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread