Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Post season thoughts [Re: Keystonekiller] #7837925
04/04/23 12:13 PM
04/04/23 12:13 PM
Pennsylvania
K
Keystonekiller Offline OP
trapper
Keystonekiller  Offline OP
trapper
K

Pennsylvania
Heck of a job there id say you got them figured out....be hard to toss all those dogs like thag I'd probably try an salvage glands or the skulls something eh

Re: Post season thoughts [Re: Keystonekiller] #7839115
04/05/23 06:49 PM
04/05/23 06:49 PM
WI
Y
YaYa Offline
trapper
YaYa  Offline
trapper
Y

WI
I targeted weasel more this year and totally enjoyed myself. I also caught more mink in land sets with both 110 magnums and the old #2 square jaw coils. Missed my one bobcat allowed. He walked past my cubby and stopped by my flagging.....probably batted it and went on its way.

Re: Post season thoughts [Re: Keystonekiller] #7844090
04/12/23 11:13 AM
04/12/23 11:13 AM
Peoria County Illinois
Larry Baer Offline
trapper
Larry Baer  Offline
trapper

Peoria County Illinois
Don't put off until tomorrow. Do it today.

Learned just the other day that after intensively going after all preditors I get to see turkeys.

I use brake rotors for end weights for drowners. I tossed a couple into a strip mine lake a couple weeks ago. I weld a chain onto the tops side of the rotor toward the center and use these for drags for water sets sometimes too. I tied off to the end of the chain. Huge mistake, When I went to pull the traps up I couldn't. They settled into the mud and got stuck. I just about pulled my guts out trying to get them out. My fix was to tie off trough one of the bolt holes then go down through the center with the cable so when I tossed it out of the canoe it would set on top of the cable and make it so when I pulled up on it one side of the rotor would lift off the bottom. It worked!

Learning one specific coyote right now. I want to catch him but have to wait till next year since I want his fur. He stays away from sets - but not too far away. I think I can get him but just have to do it right. I ordered my lure for next year for him already and have a rock I set out for a flat set for him so he can use it all year. I have a good trap with a drag ready and will hang it out for a while by the set when the time comes. Most are easy but this one is teaching the others....I want all the coyotes on this spot. I don't trap just for fur.

Just passin through
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91