No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851076
04/22/23 08:48 PM
04/22/23 08:48 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
Everybody is right in what they think there is know other way or middle ground. I could list some things but truly nobody cares.

Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851085
04/22/23 08:58 PM
04/22/23 08:58 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
4 incidents in the past couple weeks where people shot people for virtually NO reason.

Black man shoots white mom, dad and 6 year old child because a basketball rolled into his yard. Link

White man shoots black teenager who rings his doorbell after ending up at the wrong address. Link

Man, race unknown to me, shoots white girl for turning around in his driveway. Link

Hispanic man, immigration status unknown, shoots 2 cheerleaders for accidently opening the door of his car. Link

What in the world is going on??

We are living in a time of increasing knowledge. We have it at our finger tips 24/7. like in the garden, the Lord God said don't take the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. With out knowledge there is no sin.
The knowledge of sin is like a seed and the more you water it and feed it the more it grows. The knowledge of good is the same. Peaple that live in darkness will nurture the the bad seed ,and those in the light, the good seed.
The stronger will choke out the weeker. This is my earth day post, ha ha. Not!!!

Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851105
04/22/23 09:42 PM
04/22/23 09:42 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

24/7 non stop news, politic's all day long everyday, basically EVERYONE is mad about something 24/7 now. Growing up in the 70's, we had high inflation, unemployment, etc, etc. BUT people got out, went place's, had great music, good movie's and of course Disco, just out having FUN! Not really allowed to do that now with the police state we live in so everyone is worked up all the time, doesn't take alot for them to go off the deep end. Toss in this dead beat culture, don't go to church, don't believe in God, have no morals and EVERYTHING is about them!

Like the other day, buddy's son got out of the car to help that guy, he stabbed him with a screw driver then ran him over and killed him right in front of his wife! Why? Whole thing makes no sense.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851116
04/22/23 09:57 PM
04/22/23 09:57 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Was fishing with my son a few years ago at a reservoir outlet and look back to see a guy getting into my pickup in the parking lot. I dont think he saw my gun. I never pointed it at him. It was in my hand when I asked him what he was he doing. Another guy ran up and got him him out. Told me had brain damge from an accident, but you see somebody get in your pickup why wouldn't you think things might go south?

i think in those stories we are likely only getting part of it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851124
04/22/23 10:05 PM
04/22/23 10:05 PM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
Originally Posted by Marty
crime is not punished in many places....where did these 4 things happen? City/state? Post that and you may see a cause...

NC, MO, NY and TX. Only NY is what I'd call a blue state, and even then it was in a rural part of the state.

NC isn't far from Blue.

-------------------------------------
DJT in 2024!
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851125
04/22/23 10:10 PM
04/22/23 10:10 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
4 incidents in the past couple weeks where people shot people for virtually NO reason.

Black man shoots white mom, dad and 6 year old child because a basketball rolled into his yard. Link

White man shoots black teenager who rings his doorbell after ending up at the wrong address. Link

Man, race unknown to me, shoots white girl for turning around in his driveway. Link

Hispanic man, immigration status unknown, shoots 2 cheerleaders for accidently opening the door of his car. Link

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851130
04/22/23 10:17 PM
04/22/23 10:17 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
People are getting more on edge.

Re: What is going on with people? [Re: Boco] #7851137
04/22/23 10:28 PM
04/22/23 10:28 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Boco
4 incidents in the past couple weeks where people shot people for virtually NO reason. For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Yes.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851149
04/22/23 10:46 PM
04/22/23 10:46 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Angela was careful to name the race(s) of all involved. Personally I think those facts are not especially revealing to as a motive so are moot points. Unresolved anger/fear in too many folks just built up to a level where they snap.

We could all take lessons that we shouldn't let life weigh too heavily on us. And if you're getting there get help for yourself dang it.

I see a lot of posts on here from some that seem to me should loosen up a little.

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851152
04/22/23 10:53 PM
04/22/23 10:53 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Relax and smoke some dope, eh?

We have heard many times on here that everything is aok.....nothing to be worried about.

Rise and Rise Again
Until Lambs Become Lions
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851158
04/22/23 11:01 PM
04/22/23 11:01 PM
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

I grew up in Haleyville, Alabama, and never once questioned my parents income, it was never a discussion. We didn't eat a lot of fast food because it was considered a treat, not a food group. We drank tea or kool-aid made from water that came from our kitchen sink with real sugar. We ate bologna sandwiches, or even tuna (which was in a can not a pouch), PB&J & grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs, but mostly homemade meals consisting of meat, potatoes, and vegetables.
We grew up during a time when we mowed lawns, pulled weeds, babysat, helped neighbors with chores to be able to earn our own money. And got jobs as soon as we were old enough. We by no means were given everything we wanted.
We went outside a lot to play, rode bikes, ran with friends, played hide and seek, or went swimming. We rarely just sat inside. We drank tap water from the water hose outside, bottled water was unheard of. If we had a coke, it was in a glass bottle, and we didn’t break the bottle when finished. We saved it and cashed it back in at the store for a refund.
We watched TV shows like Gilligan's Island, Happy Days, Good Times, Bewitched, Lost in Space, Star Trek The Brady Bunch, Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, Disney on Sunday night, and I Love Lucy. Mom and dad decided everything we watched or didn’t watch.
After school, we came home and did homework and chores, before going outside or having friends over. We would ride our bikes for hours. We had to tell our parents where we were going, who we were going with, and be home before the street lights came on!
You LEARNED from your parents instead of disrespecting them, and treating them as if they knew absolutely nothing. What they said was LAW, and you did not question it, and you had better know it!
We watched what we said around our elders because we knew if we DISRESPECTED any grown-up we would get our behinds whipped, it wasn't called abuse, it was called discipline! We held doors, carried groceries, and gave up our seat for an older person without being asked. You didn't hear curse words on the radio in songs or TV, and if you cursed and got caught you had a bar of soap stuck in your mouth.
“Please, Thank you, yes please, no thank you, yes ma'am, no ma'am yes sir, and no sir were part of our daily vocabulary!
The world we live in now is just so full of crooked people, hate and disrespect for others
Consider Re-posting if you're thankful for your childhood. I will never forget where I came from and only wish children now days had half the chance at the fun and respect for real life we grew up with! And we were never bored!

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851168
04/22/23 11:10 PM
04/22/23 11:10 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Maybe some of us can be concerned/discuss events without getting in a tizzy.

Rise and Rise Again
Until Lambs Become Lions
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: Jtrapper] #7851182
04/22/23 11:43 PM
04/22/23 11:43 PM
OH
Catch22 Online content
trapper
Catch22  Online Content
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
I grew up in Haleyville, Alabama, and never once questioned my parents income, it was never a discussion. We didn't eat a lot of fast food because it was considered a treat, not a food group. We drank tea or kool-aid made from water that came from our kitchen sink with real sugar. We ate bologna sandwiches, or even tuna (which was in a can not a pouch), PB&J & grilled cheese sandwiches, hot dogs, but mostly homemade meals consisting of meat, potatoes, and vegetables.
We grew up during a time when we mowed lawns, pulled weeds, babysat, helped neighbors with chores to be able to earn our own money. And got jobs as soon as we were old enough. We by no means were given everything we wanted.
We went outside a lot to play, rode bikes, ran with friends, played hide and seek, or went swimming. We rarely just sat inside. We drank tap water from the water hose outside, bottled water was unheard of. If we had a coke, it was in a glass bottle, and we didn’t break the bottle when finished. We saved it and cashed it back in at the store for a refund.
We watched TV shows like Gilligan's Island, Happy Days, Good Times, Bewitched, Lost in Space, Star Trek The Brady Bunch, Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, Disney on Sunday night, and I Love Lucy. Mom and dad decided everything we watched or didn’t watch.
After school, we came home and did homework and chores, before going outside or having friends over. We would ride our bikes for hours. We had to tell our parents where we were going, who we were going with, and be home before the street lights came on!
You LEARNED from your parents instead of disrespecting them, and treating them as if they knew absolutely nothing. What they said was LAW, and you did not question it, and you had better know it!
We watched what we said around our elders because we knew if we DISRESPECTED any grown-up we would get our behinds whipped, it wasn't called abuse, it was called discipline! We held doors, carried groceries, and gave up our seat for an older person without being asked. You didn't hear curse words on the radio in songs or TV, and if you cursed and got caught you had a bar of soap stuck in your mouth.
“Please, Thank you, yes please, no thank you, yes ma'am, no ma'am yes sir, and no sir were part of our daily vocabulary!
The world we live in now is just so full of crooked people, hate and disrespect for others
Consider Re-posting if you're thankful for your childhood. I will never forget where I came from and only wish children now days had half the chance at the fun and respect for real life we grew up with! And we were never bored!

Seriously, best post yet. X1000

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851184
04/22/23 11:46 PM
04/22/23 11:46 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
[Linked Image]

Some kids are still growing up that way

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: danny clifton] #7851204
04/23/23 12:16 AM
04/23/23 12:16 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline OP
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline OP
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Was fishing with my son a few years ago at a reservoir outlet and look back to see a guy getting into my pickup in the parking lot. I dont think he saw my gun. I never pointed it at him. It was in my hand when I asked him what he was he doing. Another guy ran up and got him him out. Told me had brain damge from an accident, but you see somebody get in your pickup why wouldn't you think things might go south?

i think in those stories we are likely only getting part of it.

I get that but that wasn't the case here. The cheerleaders carpooled to a meet and then came back to the grocery store parking lot to get their own cars. The one girl thought she seen her car and walked up to it and opened the driver door to see someone sitting in the passenger seat at which point she immediately realized her mistake. She hurriedly left, found her own car and got in it before the passenger of the car door she'd open calmly walked up to her car and fired off a clip through the window. Big difference.

Just give me one thing, that I can hold on to. To believe in this livin' is just a hard way to go.
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: Catch22] #7851217
04/23/23 12:38 AM
04/23/23 12:38 AM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Catch22

Swap Haleyville for Rock Creek, Alabama (west of Hueytown) and that's my childhood as well.

[Linked Image]
Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851221
04/23/23 12:42 AM
04/23/23 12:42 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
More reasons to always stay alert and be armed.

Re: What is going on with people? [Re: Catch22] #7851275
04/23/23 07:13 AM
04/23/23 07:13 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by Catch22

That's how it was in Arkansas too.

Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851303
04/23/23 07:57 AM
04/23/23 07:57 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
My wife says that a lot of it is due to the "participation trophy" generation. They don't understand at some point they will lose to someone else or suffer setbacks. Instead of sucking it up and dealing with it, they blame others and lash out.

I think she is right.

Re: What is going on with people? [Re: yotetrapper30] #7851333
04/23/23 08:25 AM
04/23/23 08:25 AM
west virginia usa
R
randall brannon Offline
trapper
randall brannon  Offline
trapper
R

west virginia usa
This is what happens when you support Criminals and Attack Christianity!!! Demonrats hate Christians but yet support Criminals never endingly. Sick!!!

God please keep they 19 fallen UBB miners out of trouble up there.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread