No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Head gasket or worse ? [Re: yukon254] #7856991
05/01/23 01:33 AM
05/01/23 01:33 AM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
I'm assuming there is antifreeze in the coolant? If so, and you have water in the oil you will have more problems than the headgasket (or whatever the leak is) to fix. If your going to fix it better go ahead and replace all the bearings when you have it apart. I've not had an issue like this on a quad, but in a vehicle if you get antifreeze in the oil you can about guarantee you will have bearing issues. I'm sure any four stroke motor will be the same. If it is just straight water and you get it cleaned out promptly it is not as bad as antifreeze, but still not good to have in your lubrication system.

I don't know how Yamaha is right now, but a lot of the ATVs and snowmobiles have gotten hard to get parts for in a timely fashion lately. Might check into that also if you need it soon. I know my 2016 Arctic Cat fourwheeler is down waiting on a new wiring harness that I order a month ago and is "supposed" to be in my the end of May.

Re: Head gasket or worse ? [Re: yukon254] #7857326
05/01/23 03:26 PM
05/01/23 03:26 PM
PA
C
cmj Offline
trapper
cmj  Offline
trapper
C

PA
Did it get cold enough to freeze it? One of my road race bikes froze overnight once, only allowed to run straight water. It popped a freeze plug out, was under the valve cover in head. If u had a cracked head or leaking head gasket I dont think it would leak so bad u cant fill the rad.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread