No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Smoke a mack a day #7861490
05/07/23 10:09 PM
05/07/23 10:09 PM
Montana
D
D.T. Offline OP
trapper
D.T.  Offline OP
trapper
D

Montana
All good things must come to an end. I think water temps have finally warmed enough that chasing lakers with the fly wont be to productive anymore. I managed to yank over 100lbs gross of fish over the gunwale. I stashed a bunch of fillets away and kept a pile meat for smoking. I got to that today and the product turned out great.

Dry brine for 3 hrs. Rinsed and patted down. Sat in fridge for another 3 1/2 hrs. Started smoker low and gradually increased until dinner time. Coated a few times with a honey brown sugar glaze. Fish tasted great and what a bonus had some home grown asparagus and parsnips too!

160user. I also canned a bunch as well. Stuffed a jar with a dab of oil. Excited for breakfast bagels in the wall tent if i can keep it until September. Worst thing about catching lakers is they make all the other fish seems so small.

Before
[Linked Image]

After
[Linked Image]

High score of the year 34”. 14+lb
[Linked Image]

Re: Smoke a mack a day [Re: D.T.] #7861534
05/08/23 04:59 AM
05/08/23 04:59 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
That looks great. Must be fun on the fly. I love smoked fish. Do a couple 80 lb batches of steelhead every fall.

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Smoke a mack a day [Re: D.T.] #7861551
05/08/23 06:01 AM
05/08/23 06:01 AM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
sound like fun catching, and hard to beat smoked fish.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread