No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: sons of God [Re: Foxpaw] #7864595
05/13/23 02:31 AM
05/13/23 02:31 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Online content
trapper
waggler  Online Content
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
The one word that seems to be troublesome is the word "wine". Some say the Greek means unfermented grape juice. Thus the big miracle that Jesus did at the wedding was make grape juice out of water. Which I'll admit would be out of the ordinary, then they go ahead to say that it was unfermented grape juice at the "Last Supper".
That seems to help their reasoning that all drunks use the miracle of Jesus making wine as an excuse to drink. They can't accept that intoxication is the sin and not the alcohol itself.
So I guess if a little o'l lady that takes a shot of nyquil at bedtime is lost just like y'all that has ever let alcohol touch your lips, esp. after your fathers commandment not to.

People (churches) that insist that "wine" is just grape juice are a perfect example of interpreting scripture in order to fit an agenda; a dangerous path to take.
An easy explanation as to why it couldn't have been grape juice; Passover is celebrated during the spring. Grape harvest is late summer. If they didn't ferment the juice, how did they preserve it as grape juice until spring? Bottling, frozen concentrate? I don't think so. If it hadn't been fermented it would have spoiled.
It's disappointing to see folks twist scripture to either fit their agenda, or to help God out with some things. When kids are taught things that they later figure out are not correct, it can make them doubt everything.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: sons of God [Re: insanelupus] #7864619
05/13/23 05:50 AM
05/13/23 05:50 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by insanelupus
Mark,

A gentleman once pointed out in a Bible Study that maybe their identity isn't necessarily as important to our understanding and that perhaps the fact they were among those to be destroyed was the point and of the most importance. Sometimes, I think that though it's with a heart to know scripture better, I try to reason through things and ideas which belong to God more than I. This has lead me to a place where I am far more comfortable with saying, "I don't know." Sometimes folllowed by, "But God does and that's enough for me. "

The gentlemen was wise! Thank you for this reminder that sometimes it's ok to say... "I'm not sure or I don't know."
I would whole heartedly agree.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: sons of God [Re: Chancey] #7864622
05/13/23 06:18 AM
05/13/23 06:18 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Chancey
Do any of ya'll think the Book of Enoch is credible? It was found in the Dead Sea Scrolls alongside a complete version of Isaiah. Suggests to me that early Christians clearly held the belief of the 'angelic' view of Gen 6.

Whatever the Bene Elohim were, they are IMO a direct creation of God; same as Adam. We are not a direct creation from God, but rather descendants of Adam. Same a Cain, Abel, and Seth.

The Book of Enoch is wonderful credibility but we of course need to remember it's not canonical and so we wouldn't consider it Inspired or Inerrant in its writings.
We can arrive at a couple of different junctions with Genesis 6 and people have for some time for sure.
The Early Church Fathers were most certainly "angelic" in their view of "sons of God" in this 6;2 passage at least until the time of Augustine and such.

But the passages of Peter and Jude, I agree, make it tougher to land on a non-angelic stance being they were seeds of Satan. Or the Augustinian stance.
When two or more passages point a certain way, I pay attention! As we should. Let Scripture explain and clarify Scripture.

Peter wrote in 2 Peter 2:4-5;
"For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;
and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;"

And Jude wrote in Jude 6-7; 6
"And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,
just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an dexample in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

And then as we get into the post flood narrative where Nephilim are said to still exist (Gen 6:4), it does make sense that a Divine instruction to wipe out every man, woman, and child in the land off Canaan would fit.

So they could certainly be angels.

Angelogy (the study of Angels) and Anthropology (the study of humans) isn't core Doctrine or Dogma of our faith but it's great reading for sure.
I know the seeds of the Serpent loss. In the end.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: sons of God [Re: grumley701] #7864623
05/13/23 06:19 AM
05/13/23 06:19 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by grumley701
Pastor Mark I appreciate your ministry here.. just an fyi.

Thanks grumley701!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: sons of God [Re: rex123] #7864625
05/13/23 06:23 AM
05/13/23 06:23 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by rex123
How about Christ last words on the cross? Protestant version or catholic?

Both would agree that Jesus is Risen!

That's dogma in both the Protestant and Roman Catholic churches.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: sons of God [Re: Giant Sage] #7864627
05/13/23 06:26 AM
05/13/23 06:26 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Originally Posted by Mark June
People too often confuse the faithful seeking answers in Scripture with them fighting.
Worthy study brings grace to the table, same as what redeemed any follower of Christ.
I've been in many great groups of folks seeking to glean meaning from Scripture and 99% of the time there's hugs and see you next week amongst everyone.

As far as translations, English is one of the most general languages in scope and so it can certainly be helpful to read what the original author wrote of you're seeking proper context.
Case in point, the English language has no word for the word "you" in 2nd person plural. Y'all is feasible but isn't typically spoken by most English speakers.
The NT authors, with Paul a striking example used 2nd person plural (meaning you all) A LOT!
So as we read the text in the NT, and we're sailing along with the English "you" in the text and there's another "you" and then yep, another "you".... it'd be quite easy to think the text means just "me."
But the Greek word written is most often 2nd person plural meaning "all of you." Or them. A lot of you's.

Just one of many examples that brings clarity to a text. It is SO helpful and the fact that someone would dive into the original language shows they seek proper context is all.

Blessings,
Mark

I never new that about the lot, so is casting lots like voting? the lot of you so to speak.
Thou mentioned the use of you and it not being plural in the English. What's interesting is the translators of the AV
Used words such as thou thee and thy as singular, , and ye you your or yours and yea as plural to create a dialect af understanding. At least as far as the KJV translators accuracy was in the context.

You see how inexact our heritage language is? grin I meant "quite often."

Blessings!
Mark

Re: sons of God [Re: Chancey] #7864634
05/13/23 06:33 AM
05/13/23 06:33 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by MChewk
Why is it we know only Satan's name...of the sons of God?

Because our OT is the Truth no doubt, but it leaves out a lot of details that require further investigation.

200 fell from Heaven in the days of Jared. There names include Semyaza (Their leader), Arakibal, Rameel, Akibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Barake, Asael, Armaros, Batraal, Ananel, Zavebe Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Yomyael, and Sariel. These leaders led the rest of the 200 angels that fell during the days of Jared.

I know these are hard pills to swallow for most believers, but it is the only way the Torah makes sense to me in light of Jesus Christ.

When I was a kid, my mom gave me the Septuagint Bible. On the back page she wrote this........

"Remember Lott's wife.....he who looks back turns into a pillar of salt......

Lord God Almighty, we have enough hindsight! We've even dwelt in the past/passed!
Please fill us with your insight and foresight and wisdom and way......
free from every bondage of every person, place, thing, or idea whether inside us or outside us past, present, or future;
and may we choose to free ourselves from the same thoughts or places, things, or actions or beliefs or persons-."

Great post brother Chancey! And you've got me thinking, thinking, thinking. And diving deeper into Scripture, Church Father's writings and all sorts of stuff. Thank you!
My sermon title for tomorrow, Mother's Day of course, is "Do you have an Eternal Perspective?"
I'll use a south Texas fish point to begin with imagery of "the old." Some people think about old. Some people enjoy the history of the old. Some do not.
Same with the future. Some think about it. Some do not.
But we're crafted in the Image of God as eternal beings and so while we live in the here and now.... Do we have an eternal perspective?

Thank you for the fine posts sir!
Well played. You got me thinking.
I like it!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: sons of God [Re: waggler] #7864659
05/13/23 07:27 AM
05/13/23 07:27 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by waggler
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
The one word that seems to be troublesome is the word "wine". Some say the Greek means unfermented grape juice. Thus the big miracle that Jesus did at the wedding was make grape juice out of water. Which I'll admit would be out of the ordinary, then they go ahead to say that it was unfermented grape juice at the "Last Supper".
That seems to help their reasoning that all drunks use the miracle of Jesus making wine as an excuse to drink. They can't accept that intoxication is the sin and not the alcohol itself.
So I guess if a little o'l lady that takes a shot of nyquil at bedtime is lost just like y'all that has ever let alcohol touch your lips, esp. after your fathers commandment not to.

People (churches) that insist that "wine" is just grape juice are a perfect example of interpreting scripture in order to fit an agenda; a dangerous path to take.
An easy explanation as to why it couldn't have been grape juice; Passover is celebrated during the spring. Grape harvest is late summer. If they didn't ferment the juice, how did they preserve it as grape juice until spring? Bottling, frozen concentrate? I don't think so. If it hadn't been fermented it would have spoiled.
It's disappointing to see folks twist scripture to either fit their agenda, or to help God out with some things. When kids are taught things that they later figure out are not correct, it can make them doubt everything.

I think it's more for not wanting to possibly place a stumbling block in front of your brothers and sisters. You don't know if your brother or sister has a tendency towards alcoholism and I for one don't want to be the one to introduce him/her to the intoxicant that would destroy them. I believe the intentions are good, no secret agenda involved. From my reading of scripture drunkenness is the sin, not the glass of wine itself.

Last edited by J Staton; 05/13/23 07:28 AM.
Re: sons of God [Re: Chancey] #7864661
05/13/23 07:28 AM
05/13/23 07:28 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

200 fell from Heaven in the days of Jared. There names include Semyaza (Their leader), Arakibal, Rameel, Akibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Barake, Asael, Armaros, Batraal, Ananel, Zavebe Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Yomyael, and Sariel. These leaders led the rest of the 200 angels that fell during the days of Jared.

Sounds like a bunch of Muslims. lol

-Goofy-
Re: sons of God [Re: Giant Sage] #7864666
05/13/23 07:47 AM
05/13/23 07:47 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Giant Sage
Enoch 7:

"Each of the two hundred chose a wife for himself and they began to go in unto them and mate with them, and they taught them sorcery and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. These women became pregnant and gave birth to great giants, whose height reached up to three thousand ells.

These giants consumed all the food; and when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. They also began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusations against the lawless ones."

Daughters of men.
Gen 2: 5 and there was not (A MAN) to till the ground
Gen 3: 17 cursed is the ground for thy sake;
Gen 4:1 I have gotten (A MAN) from the Lord
Gen 4: 2 but Cain was a tiller of the ground
Gen 4: 9 Am I my brother's keeper?

Sons of God
John 12:1 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe in his name
Gen 4:26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord
Rom 8: 16 The spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.

So 3000 Ells -? 11feet plus?

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: sons of God [Re: ] #7864675
05/13/23 08:05 AM
05/13/23 08:05 AM
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline
trapper
Guss  Offline
trapper
G

Wisconsin
There are Scripture that only God knows the real answer to.

For example who are the 7 thunders in Revelation that John was told don't write down?
In the book of chronicles a man cut up his concubine and sent the pieces to the tribe of Israel.

Re: sons of God [Re: Guss] #7864677
05/13/23 08:09 AM
05/13/23 08:09 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Guss

For example who are the 7 thunders in Revelation that John was told don't write down?
In the book of chronicles a man cut up his concubine and sent the pieces to the tribe of Israel.

Wasn’t that after she was killed by a group of men that wanted to violate him?

-Goofy-
Re: sons of God [Re: Guss] #7864705
05/13/23 09:15 AM
05/13/23 09:15 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy

Gus If you got to Joshua when they circled Jericho.
The first 6 days the trumpets sounded but the peaple where to be silent. In revelation after the 6th trumpet ( and I saw another angel come down from heaven) this is the angel that you speak of with the voice of 7 thunders. The angel said ( do not write what the 7 thunders have sead . Paralleling the 1st 6 days at Jericho. Do not shout.
On the 7th day when Jericho was circled they let out a shout and the walls came down.
In revelation after the 7th trumpet sounded , Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded ; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our lord ,and of his christ; and he shall rein for ever and ever. Depending on your eschatology beliefs. This may or may not make sense.
I believe the 7th trumpet of Revelation was the siege of Jerusalem in 70 AD and the wall most definitely came down.
Remember the litte book . ( it shall be bitter in thy belly) the world as John knew it was about to come crashing down. ( sweet in thy mouth) the Lord shall reign for ever and ever.

Re: sons of God [Re: ] #7864706
05/13/23 09:16 AM
05/13/23 09:16 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy

Gus If you got to Joshua when they circled Jericho.
The first 6 days the trumpets sounded but the peaple where to be silent. In revelation after the 6th trumpet ( and I saw another angel come down from heaven) this is the angel that you speak of with the voice of 7 thunders. The angel said ( do not write what the 7 thunders have sead . Paralleling the 1st 6 days at Jericho. Do not shout.
On the 7th day when Jericho was circled they let out a shout and the walls came down.
In revelation after the 7th trumpet sounded , Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded ; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our lord ,and of his christ; and he shall rein for ever and ever. Depending on your eschatology beliefs. This may or may not make sense.
I believe the 7th trumpet of Revelation was the siege of Jerusalem in 70 AD and the wall most definitely came down.
Remember the litte book . ( it shall be bitter in thy belly) the world as John knew it was about to come crashing down. ( sweet in thy mouth) the Lord shall reign for ever and ever.

Re: sons of God [Re: ] #7864793
05/13/23 12:34 PM
05/13/23 12:34 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Good discussion. Mark always appreciate your posts as well. Job, the oldest book in the Bible, is probably one of my favorites.

According to the late Chuck Missler, Angels have some very interesting characteristics......

Angels always appear in human form (Sodom and Gomorrah; Resurrection;
Ascension). Angels spoke, took men by hand, ate meals, and were capable of direct physical combat (Passover in Egypt and the slaughter of 185,000 Syrians). They don’t
marry (in heaven).

They are personal beings and have emotions. They have will and can make choices, but are also spiritual beings and not limited to material boundaries. They are not allowed to be worshipped. They do not die, can lead people by the hand, and indulge in conflict. They have attributes greater than man, but less than God.

They are organized and ranked. There are Archangels such as Michael which is a military leader and Messianic messengers such as Gabriel. There are chief princess and Cherubim which guard the Tree of Life. One of the Cherubs was in charge of all the rest of them - Lucifer which at one time was the Cherub that 'covereth' and probably lead worship in Heaven until he went against God and conspired with other Angels that were cast down.

These conversations bring up so many interesting things to discuss.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: sons of God [Re: ] #7864803
05/13/23 01:05 PM
05/13/23 01:05 PM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

Hebrews 13:2 speaks of interactions between angels and men. Do those interactions still go on today?

Re: sons of God [Re: ] #7864804
05/13/23 01:07 PM
05/13/23 01:07 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Entertain angels unawares.

Re: sons of God [Re: ] #7864805
05/13/23 01:11 PM
05/13/23 01:11 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Yes Foxpaw, seems we can interact with angels and be unaware of it.

330-trapper- I'm not sure of the true measurements of an ell. I've seen several lengths mentioned of anywhere from 17-20." Which gives some evidence that the Book of Enoch may in fact not be Inerrant as Mark pointed out. While I certainly think giants roamed the earth back in the day, it is hard for me to imagine one being that tall, but that is what it says.

I know it is written that King Og (a descendant of the Raphaim) had a bed that was roughly 14 feet long by 6 feet wide.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: sons of God [Re: ] #7864809
05/13/23 01:17 PM
05/13/23 01:17 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Wondering if there could still be traffic on Jacobs' ladder? Was that just a dream or was it a spirit thing that allowed him to see things not normally seen by humans.

Re: sons of God [Re: Chancey] #7864832
05/13/23 01:47 PM
05/13/23 01:47 PM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Yes Foxpaw, seems we can interact with angels and be unaware of it.

330-trapper- I'm not sure of the true measurements of an ell. I've seen several lengths mentioned of anywhere from 17-20." Which gives some evidence that the Book of Enoch may in fact not be Inerrant as Mark pointed out. While I certainly think giants roamed the earth back in the day, it is hard for me to imagine one being that tall, but that is what it says.

I know it is written that King Og (a descendant of the Raphaim) had a bed that was roughly 14 feet long by 6 feet wide.

In the last century the Guinness record for hight was 8' 11" the man died in 1940 less than 100 years ago.
Maybe The odds are not so slim of 10'or maybe 12' tall in the past 4000 years?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread