ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Beaver Equip.Today's Cost vs Tomorrow's Investment [Re: BrianC.] #7854103
04/27/23 03:29 AM
04/27/23 03:29 AM
TX
B
BrianC. Offline OP
trapper
BrianC.  Offline OP
trapper
B

TX
When it comes to customers majority for now are privately owned water impoundments. Usually in the form of ponds (we callem tanks in Texas), some creeks and lake front properties. Few true timber jobs. I use any and all resources to get the job done as soon as possible. Including shooting them in open water. Time is money and I try to give my customers the best job as soon as possible. I live in a unique area where my customers are mostly either newly acquired landowners typically from the metroplex wanting to live the "country lifestyle" or investments. With all the growth we are seeing more gated HOA's. I want to take on these clients for the volume and potential reoccurring jobs. Although, these typically are going to require live capture.

With all that said I would like to build my inventory and reputation to take on local municipalities and possibly timber companies.

One bonus is I am the only dedicated trapper for hire in the county and surrounding. The county has a animal control but they always refer beaver to the State Parks and Wildlife if they even get a call.

Re: Beaver Equip.Today's Cost vs Tomorrow's Investment [Re: BrianC.] #7876998
06/02/23 06:34 PM
06/02/23 06:34 PM
Sumner, Mo.
C
claycreech Offline
trapper
claycreech  Offline
trapper
C

Sumner, Mo.
Quality equipment pays for itself and holds its value if taken care of.
I’ve got Jim’s beaver cages. Beaver catching machines. I don’t use them in the summer nearly as much because we have what must be the highest turtle population in the world lol. Scouted a job today, and a pair of Jim’s cages will be placed tomorrow.
The more types of traps that you have at your disposal that you can match to the time of year, terrain, etc. that you have confidence in and you are proficient with, the more successful you will be.

Re: Beaver Equip.Today's Cost vs Tomorrow's Investment [Re: claycreech] #7877697
06/03/23 09:38 PM
06/03/23 09:38 PM
TX
B
BrianC. Offline OP
trapper
BrianC.  Offline OP
trapper
B

TX
Claycreech, I couldn't agree more about have an arsenal of options.

Re: Beaver Equip.Today's Cost vs Tomorrow's Investment [Re: BrianC.] #7878103
06/04/23 02:46 PM
06/04/23 02:46 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline
trapper

New York
Always good to have a variety of equipment and good equipment. I guess I have a bunch of some traps, conibears and cages and one or more of everything else for beaver. Having traps that keep working is a must. I caught 100 beaver in the first cage of the type we have now before I gave it to Tom Parr for the museum. Had a trapper from Canada stop by this spring to pick up some more beaver cages who had used two of the swim through cage traps for a few years in his business. Asked him how many he had caught in them. He said over 500 and they were still catching.

Re: Beaver Equip.Today's Cost vs Tomorrow's Investment [Re: BrianC.] #7878525
06/05/23 09:07 AM
06/05/23 09:07 AM
Sumner, Mo.
C
claycreech Offline
trapper
claycreech  Offline
trapper
C

Sumner, Mo.
I agree Mr. Comstock. I despise working on traps in the middle of a beaver job.
CDR’s with tack welded dogs, Belisles with unbreakable triggers, and your cages fit the bill for me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread