No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Tailgaters......help me understand why [Re: HayDay] #7886325
06/17/23 08:42 AM
06/17/23 08:42 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Why is there tailgating?

Because some people like to drive in the passing lane even though they aren’t passing anyone. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Tailgaters......help me understand why [Re: Wesley] #7886396
06/17/23 09:57 AM
06/17/23 09:57 AM
SE Kentucky
K
kytrapper Offline
trapper
kytrapper  Offline
trapper
K

SE Kentucky
Originally Posted by Wesley
Originally Posted by kytrapper
I used to carry one of those little milk boxes of Bb’s in my truck and if I had one really aggravating me I’d toss a handful up in the air out the window. Had a motorcycle rider that tailgated everybody around here but I broke him from following me too close. I had further ammo if ever needed.

I think you ought to go to jail over that…..get a grip man….

This was forty years ago so no worries. The motorcycle guy was bullying the area. He wasn’t such a bully….I no longer shoot drive by egg throwers on Halloween with a shotgun either. I’ve mellowed out. 😁

Re: Tailgaters......help me understand why [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7886410
06/17/23 10:05 AM
06/17/23 10:05 AM
Missouri
H
HayDay Offline OP
trapper
HayDay  Offline OP
trapper
H

Missouri
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Why is there tailgating?

Because some people like to drive in the passing lane even though they aren’t passing anyone. lol

Not always. I'm 8 miles from town, down narrow, winding 2 lane blacktop. Speed limit 45, which IS the safe driving speed on that road. Doing 50, will normally pick up at least 2 or 3 tailgaters down that stretch. People driving so fast they sometimes fail to make the turns and either hit the ditch or cut across center line to put oncoming cars at risk. Fatal head on wreck on that road last week. Both drivers killed. Kid passenger in carseat still alive last I heard. Met a guy yesterday in 1 ton dually doing at least 70 mph on that road and from sound of it, was till pouring on the coal. Blithering idiots.

Re: Tailgaters......help me understand why [Re: k snow] #7886432
06/17/23 10:48 AM
06/17/23 10:48 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by k snow
Originally Posted by Jingles
Maybe it's because of my age but when I'm driving I worry and concentrate on what's ahead of me instead of what's behind me.

That's called defensive driving. Apparently they don't teach that nowadays.

That will work 'til the day a deer jumps out in front of you, ya hit the brakes, and the idiot behind you becomes an acquaintance you never wanted.

Take your foot off the gas and coast 'til the idiot figures it out.

Re: Tailgaters......help me understand why [Re: ol' dad] #7886435
06/17/23 10:52 AM
06/17/23 10:52 AM
Wisconsin
Muskrat Offline
trapper
Muskrat  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by ol' dad
. . . What I often see happen though is someone is driving slow on a two-lane country road and when there is a finally a place to pass them, they speed up. That's as frustrating as having someone right on your bumper. . . .

Ol dad

Susan calls that Pace Car Syndrome

Re: Tailgaters......help me understand why [Re: HayDay] #7886443
06/17/23 11:01 AM
06/17/23 11:01 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by HayDay
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Why is there tailgating?

Not always. I'm 8 miles from town, down narrow, winding 2 lane blacktop. Speed limit 45, which IS the safe driving speed on that road. Doing 50, will normally pick up at least 2 or 3 tailgaters down that stretch. People driving so fast they sometimes fail to make the turns and either hit the ditch or cut across center line to put oncoming cars at risk. Fatal head on wreck on that road last week. Both drivers killed. Kid passenger in carseat still alive last I heard. Met a guy yesterday in 1 ton dually doing at least 70 mph on that road and from sound of it, was till pouring on the coal. Blithering idiots.

I expect slower traffic on country roads, even farm equipment. My comment was based on interstate.

-Goofy-
Re: Tailgaters......help me understand why [Re: HayDay] #7886494
06/17/23 11:58 AM
06/17/23 11:58 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
What bugs me is when you get about twenty or so bikers riding together,and they are all spread out so if you pass,you have to pass them all.They dont leave room to get in and out if you have limited passing window.
Sometimes I will get out and pass a few then cut off a couple to squeeze in.
They hate that and get rude and give dirty looks and gestures,I just give them the finger right back.

Another is the logging trucks on the bush roads-they hog the road and will force you into the ditch sometimes.

Last edited by Boco; 06/17/23 12:01 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread