No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Cell trail cam #7916486
07/30/23 01:53 PM
07/30/23 01:53 PM
Wakefield, NE.
S
Sanford Otte Offline OP
trapper
Sanford Otte  Offline OP
trapper
S

Wakefield, NE.
I know this has probably been on here before but still would like your opinion. I have several SpyPoint micro LTE's and have had at best medium performance. I am looking to replace them with a camera that has a solar rechargeable battery, is dependable, will transmit to a phone or computer, has picture or video capability and is reasonably priced. I know they are out there but I would like to hear from a group that uses them on a regular basis.

Re: Cell trail cam [Re: Sanford Otte] #7916522
07/30/23 02:54 PM
07/30/23 02:54 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Online content
trapper
Wanna Be  Online Content
trapper
W

SW Georgia
You lost me with the “reasonably priced.”
I run the basic Spartans that can be used with a solar panel. I use pics only. I move mine around too much to be moving a solar panel around. They are what I consider expensive, but do make cams that will send both video or pics that make mine seem cheap. Mine takes video but doesn’t send it, I don’t think. I will say this, mine have lasted quite a while. My son had a brand new one that wasn’t acting right and he contacted Spartan and they sent him a brand new one without question.

I think the Reveals can be used with solar as well, not sure of video with them either. If I ever buy anymore I’ve been thinking of trying them out. I know a lot of folks here that have switched over to them.

Re: Cell trail cam [Re: Sanford Otte] #7916559
07/30/23 03:35 PM
07/30/23 03:35 PM
Omro, Wisconsin
C
Cooncuff Offline
trapper
Cooncuff  Offline
trapper
C

Omro, Wisconsin
I switched to the Spypoint Flex with solar panels....great move , does video, increased range and megapixels. also selects any and all carriers (which ever one has the strongest signal) Just my 2 cents

In youth we learn, In age we Understand.
Re: Cell trail cam [Re: Sanford Otte] #7916574
07/30/23 03:58 PM
07/30/23 03:58 PM
Wakefield, NE.
S
Sanford Otte Offline OP
trapper
Sanford Otte  Offline OP
trapper
S

Wakefield, NE.
Ha, when I said reasonably priced I was thinking of between $150-$250, I know there are cheaper ones just as there are higher priced ones.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread