No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
TSA airport security, makes you wonder! #7953350
09/18/23 02:33 PM
09/18/23 02:33 PM
S.W.Oregon
newhouse114 Offline OP
trapper
newhouse114  Offline OP
trapper

S.W.Oregon
Wife and I just got back from a vacation. We flew from Eugene, OR to San Francisco for the first leg. TSA stopped my wife and searched her carry on because of a coin purse in the bag. We the flew to Zurich, Switzerland; Bilboa, Spain; on to Paris, back to Bilboa; then to Munich, Denver, and back to Eugene. My wife was putting stuff away and reached into the pocket of a jacket I carried with me and pulled out a handful of 8 .22 long rifle cartridges. At least 4 different security checks and US Customs and nobody caught the ammunition. Makes you feel real safe on an airplane doesn’t it. On the other hand, I thank God it wasn’t detected or I would have had to sit through who knows how much interrogation!!

Life Member NTA & FTA
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

http://alaskastoneanivory.com/index
Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: newhouse114] #7953359
09/18/23 02:40 PM
09/18/23 02:40 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
TSA exists to convince people that giving up 4th amendment rights makes them safer.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: newhouse114] #7953404
09/18/23 03:24 PM
09/18/23 03:24 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Driving between the states and Canada you could bring anything in or out.All they ask is how long you have been gone,and if you are bringing anything in over 300 dollars.
I always say i bought a couple tee shirts and smile and wave.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: newhouse114] #7953466
09/18/23 04:52 PM
09/18/23 04:52 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by newhouse114
Wife and I just got back from a vacation. We flew from Eugene, OR to San Francisco for the first leg. TSA stopped my wife and searched her carry on because of a coin purse in the bag. We the flew to Zurich, Switzerland; Bilboa, Spain; on to Paris, back to Bilboa; then to Munich, Denver, and back to Eugene. My wife was putting stuff away and reached into the pocket of a jacket I carried with me and pulled out a handful of 8 .22 long rifle cartridges. At least 4 different security checks and US Customs and nobody caught the ammunition. Makes you feel real safe on an airplane doesn’t it. On the other hand, I thank God it wasn’t detected or I would have had to sit through who knows how much interrogation!!

lots of security won't catch the little stuff

your of little consequence if you shoot 8 22lr rounds , you could take out as many people with a knife and do it silently

they will tell you security is about the guy carrying 200 rounds intent on taking out everyone

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7953474
09/18/23 05:05 PM
09/18/23 05:05 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by newhouse114

lots of security won't catch the little stuff

your of little consequence if you shoot 8 22lr rounds , you could take out as many people with a knife and do it silently

they will tell you security is about the guy carrying 200 rounds intent on taking out everyone

Maybe but I have a friend who is a gun collector and has a firearms license so he can buy when he is traveling and not have to go through the hassle of having things shipped, last year he was in New York and found a like new WW2 browning high power the one with the 500 meter sights on it

Long story shot he put it in his carry on to have it out of sight and running late he forgot all about it till he got home and found it sitting right there on the top of his carryon content

Makes you feel real safe don’t it

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: newhouse114] #7953481
09/18/23 05:17 PM
09/18/23 05:17 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Remember it's not gay, it's just TSA!

That's what them fellers up in Austin told me anyway.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: newhouse114] #7953562
09/18/23 06:42 PM
09/18/23 06:42 PM
Washington
J
Jingles Offline
trapper
Jingles  Offline
trapper
J

Washington
What I get a kick out of is they worry about a knife yet allow CD'S even check how sharp a broken CD is? Can cut as deep as any knife

The job of a Patriot is not to protect his country but to protect the people from the tryannical government
Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: newhouse114] #7953649
09/18/23 08:52 PM
09/18/23 08:52 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
My brother visited a coal mine in Colorado. The mine had just broken a record for production, and the equipment company he worked for made up commemorative Bowie knives to give to the employees. He forgot he had one, in his carry on, flew from Denver to Pittsburgh with it. TSA never saw it.

Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: danny clifton] #7953662
09/18/23 09:05 PM
09/18/23 09:05 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by danny clifton
TSA exists to convince people that giving up 4th amendment rights makes them safer.

X2
Go in and out of Israel. They make tsa look like kindergarten finger painting. EVERYTHING in any bag/ luggage is taken out and inspected manually and electronically at every check point in the airport.
Randomly taken out of line questioned. Yet their screening process is very efficient and very fast. Faster than even going through tsa at a smaller airport.

Their bomb squad is even faster and more efficient. They see a suspicious package they stop all traffic make an announcement on the pa to stay inside they do their thing in a mintue or two and everyone goes back to life. Meanwhile cars and people are just idle nearby waiting as if it's a red light

Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: newhouse114] #7953684
09/18/23 09:27 PM
09/18/23 09:27 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I lost my oldtimer trapper at Roger's Ark. 22 yrs after the Muslims attacked

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: newhouse114] #7953718
09/18/23 10:21 PM
09/18/23 10:21 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I flew to a Caribbean Island from Miami with a 25-06 loaded cartridge in the jacket of a windbreaker. Been there since deer season. I threw it away when I found it a day later.

I have a knee replacement, so I always go through the X-ray scanner. A month ago in Denver I exited the scanner and the operator used his wand to check my knee. He checked the wrong knee! I told him so. He said the machine indicted the knee he checked. I think he was embarrassed. I was wearing shorts and the scar on my bad knee was clearly visible.

Probably a new employee.

Re: TSA airport security, makes you wonder! [Re: charles] #7953746
09/18/23 11:21 PM
09/18/23 11:21 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by charles
I flew to a Caribbean Island from Miami with a 25-06 loaded cartridge in the jacket of a windbreaker. Been there since deer season. I threw it away when I found it a day later.

I have a knee replacement, so I always go through the X-ray scanner. A month ago in Denver I exited the scanner and the operator used his wand to check my knee. He checked the wrong knee! I told him so. He said the machine indicted the knee he checked. I think he was embarrassed. I was wearing shorts and the scar on my bad knee was clearly visible.

Probably a new employee.

More likely a seasoned employee who also knows what a joke his job actually is, and is just going through the motions so that he gets paid.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread