No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sovereign citizen, Here we go again #7953508
09/18/23 05:46 PM
09/18/23 05:46 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
These IDIOTS never cease to amaze me. I mean, there are a lot of stupid people out there, but these guys always seem like the inventors of stupid. I cannot understand how anyone could be fooled into believing any of this crap. The guy in this clip is a cut above the average moron, he stands out in the crowd. His poor girlfriend, although not a " Sovereign citizen" herself, can't be all that bright either. How could you date one of these nitwits? The worst part about the entire video is that he doesn't get tazed. I like it when they get tazed grin

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953510
09/18/23 05:50 PM
09/18/23 05:50 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
What is a “Sovereign Citizen”? I’ve seen these videos before and they all say the same exact thing word for word. Is it like a cult? Are there classes you take somewhere? Do they have their own set of laws or Constitution?

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Wanna Be] #7953517
09/18/23 05:55 PM
09/18/23 05:55 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
What is a “Sovereign Citizen”? I’ve seen these videos before and they all say the same exact thing word for word. Is it like a cult? Are there classes you take somewhere? Do they have their own set of laws or Constitution?

No, they pick and choose obscure out of date laws from all different things. Some of it is old English common law, some old maritime laws, some stuff just made up, things of that nature. Some of them can be pretty dangerous, actually. Been a few murdered police and such. Some of these morons even file made up paperwork in courts and try to take people's homes. I wouldn't say it's so much a cult. Just idiots believing nonsense. They are on the FBI Domestic terrorist watch list. For what ever that means.

Last edited by Finster; 09/18/23 05:57 PM.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953521
09/18/23 06:00 PM
09/18/23 06:00 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Copy that, thanks. Like you I like watching them when the police finally tase them to help them understand “our” laws!

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953535
09/18/23 06:23 PM
09/18/23 06:23 PM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
I think they’re the same as “free man on the land”
There was one around here. He ain’t free no more…lol

Wind Blew, crap flew, out came the line crew
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953540
09/18/23 06:26 PM
09/18/23 06:26 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Online content
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Online Content
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Another pile of idiots similar to Sovcits are the so called First Amendment Auditors also known as Frauditors. They go to public places such as Post Offices, Court Houses, Schools, Restaurants, Senior Citizen Homes, Parole Offices, inside crime scenes etc., thinking they can film anywhere sticking their cameras in peoples faces challenging them plus challenging the police to arrest them. They do it for views on their YouTube channel under the guise of calling themselves journalist doing a story (mainly to see if they can get away with it). Many of these people are both Sovcids and Frauditors.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953551
09/18/23 06:34 PM
09/18/23 06:34 PM
N.Y. Mid Hudson Valley
T
Tommyran Offline
trapper
Tommyran  Offline
trapper
T

N.Y. Mid Hudson Valley
As dumb as a bag of marbles. Like the flat Earth morons.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953586
09/18/23 07:21 PM
09/18/23 07:21 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Things are looking up. This idiot gets OC sprayed and drug out of the car. laugh

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953604
09/18/23 07:54 PM
09/18/23 07:54 PM
WI
WI Outdoors Offline
trapper
WI Outdoors  Offline
trapper

WI
I think he's a uaw member. laugh

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953617
09/18/23 08:23 PM
09/18/23 08:23 PM
North Idaho
L
LR5Ranger Offline
trapper
LR5Ranger  Offline
trapper
L

North Idaho
These guys, though idiots, are on to something. Big brother is getting way too pushy and out of line. I’d side with these guys over anyone trying to push mask/jab compliance or gun bans. Don’t forget, it was the boys in blue that were willing to shut down a church service or arrest a mother in the park during 2020. Never forget how little the constitution/ personal liberty means to them when their paychecks are on the line.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: LR5Ranger] #7953629
09/18/23 08:37 PM
09/18/23 08:37 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by LR5Ranger
These guys, though idiots, are on to something. Big brother is getting way too pushy and out of line. I’d side with these guys over anyone trying to push mask/jab compliance or gun bans. Don’t forget, it was the boys in blue that were willing to shut down a church service or arrest a mother in the park during 2020. Never forget how little the constitution/ personal liberty means to them when their paychecks are on the line.

Ranger I like you. I haven't told you that yet, but it seems to me like your a good guy.

A lot of people claim to be a "sovereign citizen" many of them have been brainwashed into an ideology that is hateful twords the rank and file of the govt. The rank and file of the govt are generally good people. Most of them don't know the constitution very well and have no idea how to say no to an unlawful order

This creates a problem for those who wish to be free of big govt control

I know a guy who learned everything he could about the sovereign citizens and took the information they push to remove himself from the control of the govt. It worked. It cost him a lot of money is legal fees, and a lot of filings to remove his corporate title from govt documents, but in the end it worked and he now walks around a free citizen of this great state. No drivers license, no tag, no taxes, no summons or warrants. They literally can't touch him without his permission

It's pretty wild actually

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: WI Outdoors] #7953631
09/18/23 08:40 PM
09/18/23 08:40 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Mando
I think he's a uaw member. laugh

I think them Cops got a steady diet of Pork Chops and Donuts.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953635
09/18/23 08:42 PM
09/18/23 08:42 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
That being said the "sovereign citizen" in this video sounds like an idiot lol

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953640
09/18/23 08:46 PM
09/18/23 08:46 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
They didn't see him driving the car so no proof he was not just sitting in it. So no legal authority to demand I'd so no law broken when i didn show id because they could not prove he had been driving. to make the arrest. Yes the guy is an idiot and it's a lot less trouble to just comply. Yet that's how you end up with the don't question my authority you have no rights cops.

It may just be easier to comply but where do you draw the line.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Providence Farm] #7953657
09/18/23 09:00 PM
09/18/23 09:00 PM
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline
trapper
midlander  Offline
trapper
M

midland, michigan
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
They didn't see him driving the car so no proof he was not just sitting in it. So no legal authority to demand I'd so no law broken when i didn show id because they could not prove he had been driving. to make the arrest. Yes the guy is an idiot and it's a lot less trouble to just comply. Yet that's how you end up with the don't question my authority you have no rights cops.

Did you watch the same video that we did..? The officer observed him driving (the officer named the street at which he started following him).

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Providence Farm] #7953691
09/18/23 09:34 PM
09/18/23 09:34 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma

I thought I heard the cop say he followed him at the beginning of the video

But yeah there is a line and everyone should draw it and exercise standing behind more often

Our society is full of cucks and the more we comply the more ground the govt gains

It is our job to keep them in line. They only govern with our consent yet so many have waived their right due to ignorance

-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953709
09/18/23 10:03 PM
09/18/23 10:03 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
"Do you have any WEAPONS in the vehicle?"
No sir, I'm not a violent person. Just guns.

Even with hunting big game now, there's "weapon" of choice seasons. We've been brainwashed for sure.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953712
09/18/23 10:12 PM
09/18/23 10:12 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
All of the sovereign citizens, in the many videos I have seen, are clearly mentally ill. They should be on medication. Many should be institutionalized.

In the nineties and early 2000's, most of the people we had arrested at our public accounts, had the same bizarre belief system. They had not yet found each other online, to come up with a script yet. We sent them to jail for trespass. Many had multiple warrants on them. I had to hire police officers for most of those types of accounts, because we arrested so many people like them. We arrested 168 people at one movie theater, in one calendar year. We typically just made people we caught doing illegal activities leave, unless they had an attitude.

Keith

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: midlander] #7953722
09/18/23 10:38 PM
09/18/23 10:38 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by midlander

Did you watch the same video that we did..? The officer observed him driving (the officer named the street at which he started following him).

I was distracted and thought it started with the officer walking up to the vehical sitting in the parking lot. Was in a noisy environment and my hearing is very poor.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Ken Smith] #7953748
09/18/23 11:27 PM
09/18/23 11:27 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Ken Smith

I know a guy who learned everything he could about the sovereign citizens and took the information they push to remove himself from the control of the govt. It worked. It cost him a lot of money is legal fees, and a lot of filings to remove his corporate title from govt documents, but in the end it worked and he now walks around a free citizen of this great state. No drivers license, no tag, no taxes, no summons or warrants. They literally can't touch him without his permission

I call BS. That may be what he has told you, but it's not the truth. If he does not have a driver's license, he can't drive on the roads, no tags (I assume you mean plates) he will get pulled over, fined and towed, No taxes, yea right. He may not be paying them, but that does not mean he does not owe taxes, No summons or warrants, unless he commits an offense, then he will have summons and/or warrants. Sounds like you know someone with this delusion.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: midlander] #7953765
09/18/23 11:58 PM
09/18/23 11:58 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by midlander

Doesnt matter if you are driving or not.
If you are in the car and have the keys you are in care and control of the vehicle,same as driving.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953766
09/18/23 11:59 PM
09/18/23 11:59 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Finster

I call BS. That may be what he has told you, but it's not the truth. If he does not have a driver's license, he can't drive on the roads, no tags (I assume you mean plates) he will get pulled over, fined and towed, No taxes, yea right. He may not be paying them, but that does not mean he does not owe taxes, No summons or warrants, unless he commits an offense, then he will have summons and/or warrants. Sounds like you know someone with this delusion.

That's my thought too.

Keith

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7953775
09/19/23 12:38 AM
09/19/23 12:38 AM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Online content
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Online Content
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Sovereign citizens try this nonsense all the time and they always lose. Anybody that says the Government can’t touch them for driving without a license, driving without insurance, and driving without registration plates is either a liar or is just plain stupid to believe it. In fact, I don’t even want this person on the road. They are nut cases

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7953811
09/19/23 06:03 AM
09/19/23 06:03 AM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
Sovereign citizens try this nonsense all the time and they always lose. Anybody that says the Government can’t touch them for driving without a license, driving without insurance, and driving without registration plates is either a liar or is just plain stupid to believe it. In fact, I don’t even want this person on the road. They are nut cases

smile yep!

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7953921
09/19/23 08:38 AM
09/19/23 08:38 AM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas

…. Driving with no license or insurance ?… evidently our government recognizes mescins as sovereign citizens cause they do it every day no problem

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Savell] #7954012
09/19/23 10:36 AM
09/19/23 10:36 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Savell

…. Driving with no license or insurance ?… evidently our government recognizes mescins as sovereign citizens cause they do it every day no problem

What the heck is a "mescins"?

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7954025
09/19/23 10:56 AM
09/19/23 10:56 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Finster
What the heck is a "mescins"?

They are people of non-US origin, from various Hispanic countries, in the vicinity of Coldspring, Texas.

Keith

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7954032
09/19/23 11:07 AM
09/19/23 11:07 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Had a group here call their selves Posse Comitatus. had some half baked legal ideas. Was even an FBI agent killed in N.D. Sent back driver licenses, tried to abolish social security numbers, drove without tags, refused to pay property taxes. They lost property, went to jail, didn't work out too good for them. I think we will see more protest groups as government keeps encroaching.

The power lies with the alphabets. Biggest most powerful organized crime gangs ever. Regular L.E. not far behind. People are getting frustrated.

Last edited by danny clifton; 09/19/23 11:08 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7954041
09/19/23 11:25 AM
09/19/23 11:25 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

What is the classification of this mental illness?

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Ken Smith] #7954056
09/19/23 11:48 AM
09/19/23 11:48 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Ranger I like you. I haven't told you that yet, but it seems to me like your a good guy.

A lot of people claim to be a "sovereign citizen" many of them have been brainwashed into an ideology that is hateful twords the rank and file of the govt. The rank and file of the govt are generally good people. Most of them don't know the constitution very well and have no idea how to say no to an unlawful order

.....until he breaks the law.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Wanna Be] #7954081
09/19/23 12:50 PM
09/19/23 12:50 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Here's a prime example of what they come up with. This moron is arguing in court. Mostly completely made up law. Some of it very loosely tied to old English common law (and I mean loosely) I'm talking Common law in the 1500's ish. They seem to cut and paste different things from different laws and flat out make things up and produce some "circular logic" (if you can really call it logic) that cannot be followed, is full of hypocrisy, and cannot be answered because the questions are not in any cohesive form that come close to making any sense at all.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7954085
09/19/23 01:03 PM
09/19/23 01:03 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Boco this is not Canada. Our 50 states have their own different laws on the books.

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Ken Smith] #7954112
09/19/23 02:13 PM
09/19/23 02:13 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota

But He wants and Expects to live Safely here with police on the ready and a safe country because of our military.

it's not Wild.

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7954126
09/19/23 02:28 PM
09/19/23 02:28 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Online content
trapper
Steven 49er  Online Content
trapper
S

MN
Some people want to live safely others want to live free

"Gold is money, everything else is just credit" JP Morgan
Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Steven 49er] #7954348
09/19/23 10:15 PM
09/19/23 10:15 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Some people want to live safely others want to live free

while they're being protectEd by others

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Sovereign citizen, Here we go again [Re: Finster] #7954397
09/20/23 03:04 AM
09/20/23 03:04 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Some people just lack cognitive skills. And it does run on both sides of the political aisle; although it does tend to heavily favor those of one particular political party.

I've talked to a couple of these guys. The don't believe a person should pay any taxes, in any form. I don't know who they figure will pay for our roads, for starters. As someone else mentioned, they really do seem like members of a cult. When you talk to them they just spout rhetoric, they can't really make any sort of defense of what they espouse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread