No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Pickup truck lift gate? #7969328
10/11/23 05:56 PM
10/11/23 05:56 PM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline OP
trapper
gcs  Offline OP
trapper
G

coastal ny
Anyone with any experience on this? what type?, brand? pro's , con's ?

I don't need one with a heavy lift rate., under 1,000 # would be adequate. Wondering how convenient / inconvenient they are for accessing the bed if not using the lift.

It's getting tough to load the truck, even getting up into the bed to stack isn't fun anymore, while I hate to spend the money, this might prolong my working life grin

Thanks.

Re: Pickup truck lift gate? [Re: gcs] #7969343
10/11/23 06:23 PM
10/11/23 06:23 PM
Michigan
B
BigBlackBirds Offline
trapper
BigBlackBirds  Offline
trapper
B

Michigan
Haven’t had one on in many years. We always had good luck with Tommy Gate. Primarily on bigger trucks but also on 3/4 ton pickups. I believe four of them over the years but maybe only three and we had the one removed and swapped to different truck. Fairly simple to use. They open essentially like tailgate and fold out flat. One upside is you can stop them halfway down/up to use as work platform. Other nice upside is you can get into bed if you want and virtually all current small pickups are about head high in the bed so that could come in handy

Re: Pickup truck lift gate? [Re: gcs] #7969352
10/11/23 06:46 PM
10/11/23 06:46 PM
Pennsylvania
K
Keystonekiller Offline
trapper
Keystonekiller  Offline
trapper
K

Pennsylvania
X2 on the tommygate

Re: Pickup truck lift gate? [Re: gcs] #7969414
10/11/23 08:55 PM
10/11/23 08:55 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
How much will you be using it? I put a small 12v winch in the toolbox on my truck and mounted it through the box to the front of the truck box with a 2"x24" plate between the cab and box. I sawed a hole in the front of the tool box and mounted the cable guide over it. I carry a piece of 3/4" treated plywood in the box to use for a ramp and I use the winch to pull stuff up the ramp into the truck box. Alliances, big field stones, deer, etc... I think the winch was $60 or so.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread