No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: TX Chemical Plant... [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7990876
11/10/23 03:15 AM
11/10/23 03:15 AM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
.. just a oversized campfire… my guess is we’ll still all live until we die

.. the sooner the better from what I’m seeing lately lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: TX Chemical Plant... [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7994760
11/14/23 10:49 PM
11/14/23 10:49 PM
Province of Ontario, Canada
H
Hunter 1 Offline
trapper
Hunter 1  Offline
trapper
H

Savell if you say so but if you have kids, keep them away from all of this...it is nasty stuff.

Re: TX Chemical Plant... [Re: Hunter 1] #7994799
11/14/23 11:21 PM
11/14/23 11:21 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Hunter 1
Savell if you say so but if you have kids, keep them away from all of this...it is nasty stuff.

I certainly appreciate your honesty and brevity regarding the situation, but what you said sure ain't a breath of fresh air.

So...what's so bad about it. Want it just go up in the atmosphere and dissipate?

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: TX Chemical Plant... [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7994865
11/15/23 02:00 AM
11/15/23 02:00 AM
H
Hunter 1 Offline
trapper
Hunter 1  Offline
trapper
H

Depending on concentration, any soot particles settling is highly toxic. So being in contact with soot does represent a health risk and breathing any of the drifting smoke from a fire of this size is also an issue since it often requires on-going air quality monitoring. Looking at the size of the fire plume (as per picture), this fire was possibly burning for days.

I would be asking a lot of questions to local health and environmental protection agencies.

I am not even talking about any run off that may impact the environment, water source or others... Clean up is also an issue. Once the soil is contaminated, it is a big issue. Most if not all houses in rural areas where you are are operating on a water well system.

In State of Texas you likely have to pay for your own health care...so I am sure you have a lot of stories about cost involved just to receive basic health coverage.

We have lots of issues here in Canada but not this one so I can not imagine what some of you guys are going through when you or a member of your family is stuck by illness.

I would not want my family to be exposed to any contamination from this fire that is all I am really saying.

Re: TX Chemical Plant... [Re: Hunter 1] #7994869
11/15/23 03:00 AM
11/15/23 03:00 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Hunter 1
Depending on concentration, any soot particles settling is highly toxic. So being in contact with soot does represent a health risk and breathing any of the drifting smoke from a fire of this size is also an issue since it often requires on-going air quality monitoring. Looking at the size of the fire plume (as per picture), this fire was possibly burning for days.

I would be asking a lot of questions to local health and environmental protection agencies.

I am not even talking about any run off that may impact the environment, water source or others... Clean up is also an issue. Once the soil is contaminated, it is a big issue. Most if not all houses in rural areas where you are are operating on a water well system.

In State of Texas you likely have to pay for your own health care...so I am sure you have a lot of stories about cost involved just to receive basic health coverage.

We have lots of issues here in Canada but not this one so I can not imagine what some of you guys are going through when you or a member of your family is stuck by illness.

I would not want my family to be exposed to any contamination from this fire that is all I am really saying.

This escalated quickly. Yes, we buy our own health care, out of our paychecks, weekly or biweekly depending, or not at all, if that is our prerogative. You ALSO buy your own healthcare, out of your paychecks, weekly or bi-weekly depending.... but do not have the option of opting out. You make it sound as if it's a great thing you're not allowed to opt out.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: TX Chemical Plant... [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7995373
11/15/23 08:02 PM
11/15/23 08:02 PM
H
Hunter 1 Offline
trapper
Hunter 1  Offline
trapper
H

Yotetrapper, I am just saying that if someone gets sick and can not afford to pay for health care it is an issue. No doubt it is happening somewhere.

However, you are absolutely right regarding our health coverage, it comes right out of our pockets and we have no say and this is done without any discrimination. We just pay whether we use it or not. It is one thing we can not get out of .

Re: TX Chemical Plant... [Re: Swamp Wolf] #7995382
11/15/23 08:14 PM
11/15/23 08:14 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
… what is this all abooot?

Lol… appreciate the concern hunter

… (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) happens and you hope the wind is blowing the other way i guess

… reminds me of this song.. I got a hint of hippie in me too … but acknowledge reality at the same time … like it or not

Insert profound nonsense here
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread