No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Greg Schroeder [Re: beaverpeeler] #7973817
10/17/23 08:14 PM
10/17/23 08:14 PM
Washington State
H
humptulips Offline
trapper
humptulips  Offline
trapper
H

Washington State
I talked to Frank this summer about it. He still wants to receive fur but is not so hot on doing pickup lines. Still trying to work out some kind of FHA pickup at our Winter Rendezvous. We are going to have a pickup for Intermountain at our Rendezvous in March (Date not set at this time).

Re: Greg Schroeder [Re: beaverpeeler] #7973825
10/17/23 08:28 PM
10/17/23 08:28 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Greg can flesh a coon pelt right quick.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Greg Schroeder [Re: wissmiss] #7973835
10/17/23 08:41 PM
10/17/23 08:41 PM
Wisconsin
8117 Steve R Offline
trapper
8117 Steve R  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
Originally Posted by wissmiss
Originally Posted by 8117 Steve R
My dad sold to a Schroeder that was buying for Hudson Bay back in the 70's in the U.P.

That was probably Virgil, the oldest brother.

Yes, I remember the name after you mentioned it.

Steve
WTA
NRA
Re: Greg Schroeder [Re: beaverpeeler] #8003879
11/26/23 03:47 AM
11/26/23 03:47 AM
wa
F
FranktheTank Offline
trapper
FranktheTank  Offline
trapper
F

wa
Hey all, this is Frank Herbert AKA Frank the Tank. I've been MIA for a bit. After losing George to a surprise cancer diagnosis in June, we had been picking up the pieces when in Sept his wife Brenda took ill. In early Oct she was diagnosed with aggressive lymphoma. I've been living bedside for 6 weeks at the University of WA Fred Hutchinson Cancer center, where she got a terminal diagnosis. We brought her back home (we live next door) this week for hospice. Tough bird that she is, she was told Oct 14th she had 3 days. Go figure. She's from the South, so she doesn't know how to quit. To her, it wasn't the Civil War, but "The War of Northern Aggression" and it isn't over yet.
I haven't had a chance to talk to Greg yet. I would LIKE to be a receiving agent; we definitely need one out here. However, with the current state of affairs, this may not be realistic, at least for this year.
I am still buying...I even promoted myself from Hebrew Slave to Chief Skinner and Fur Shed Union Rep!

I can be reached at (502) 310-3597 or theherberts@hotmail.com
Be patient with me, I'm a retired Marine, so I'm a bit slow. Try to use single syllables.

Frank the Tank
"I just ride on them. I don't know what makes them work."
Re: Greg Schroeder [Re: beaverpeeler] #8006983
11/29/23 02:14 PM
11/29/23 02:14 PM
wa
F
FranktheTank Offline
trapper
FranktheTank  Offline
trapper
F

wa
Hey all, George's son-in-law Frank here. While I'm picking up/continuing some of George's fur business here, and will continue the buying locally/regionally, I'll have to wait for hte dust to settle before I can make a commitment for FHA receiving. Right now, George's wife Brenda is in hospice for lymphoma, and we're spending almost all our off time bedside (I'd been living in her hospital room at UW-Seattle for 6 weeks prior). I'll keep everyone posted as things progress/settle down.

I can be reached at theherberts@hotmail.com and (502) 310-3597 call or text.

Frank the Tank

Frank the Tank
"I just ride on them. I don't know what makes them work."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread