No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: hippie] #8025208
12/19/23 06:06 PM
12/19/23 06:06 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content
trapper

Central, SD
Time to take down the politicians that promote this garbage history is history. Vote them out!

Last edited by Law Dog; 12/19/23 11:23 PM.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: hippie] #8025211
12/19/23 06:12 PM
12/19/23 06:12 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
This whole screed the left is using calling them traitors is pure brainwashing.

Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and crew were all traitors.

Nothing in the Constitution specifies once in always in.

You can be absolutely correct and absolutely wrong both at the same time.

But that kind of critical thinking is anathema to the left who much prefer a brainwashed usage of a pejorative like traitor.

[Linked Image]
Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: flash] #8025434
12/19/23 09:53 PM
12/19/23 09:53 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by flash
The storm continues to build......

It does.

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8025472
12/19/23 10:17 PM
12/19/23 10:17 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
JC resorts to name calling....typical.

somebody has to be in the 33 percent that believes biden is doing an adequate job

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: hippie] #8025540
12/19/23 11:11 PM
12/19/23 11:11 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
The Civil War ended 158 years ago. It's stupid that people 158 years removed from the War are more offended about Southern memorials than people with much closer connections were.

Keith

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8027032
12/21/23 12:30 PM
12/21/23 12:30 PM
Smithsburg, MD
J.C. Offline
trapper
J.C.  Offline
trapper

Smithsburg, MD

Typical of what? Might I ask?

To a person ignorant of nature, his country stroll is a walk through a gallery filled with wonderful works of art with their faces turned to the wall
Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: J.C.] #8027049
12/21/23 12:52 PM
12/21/23 12:52 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by J.C.

Typical of what? Might I ask?

Sure.

Typical of liberal-minded people that have a contorted view of history (and many other things). You know like the many liberals that call conservatives fascists...

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: hippie] #8027077
12/21/23 01:16 PM
12/21/23 01:16 PM
Smithsburg, MD
J.C. Offline
trapper
J.C.  Offline
trapper

Smithsburg, MD

Typical of liberal-minded people that have a contorted view of history (and many other things). You know like the many liberals that call conservatives fascists...[/quote]

Oh really, I'm a liberal, how did you come to that conclusion? Because I believe owning other humans is bad and immoral? Do you believe celebrating home grown insurgents in a conflict that ultimately celebrated this fact is good? Do you want to own other people?

To a person ignorant of nature, his country stroll is a walk through a gallery filled with wonderful works of art with their faces turned to the wall
Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: J.C.] #8027079
12/21/23 01:18 PM
12/21/23 01:18 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Typical of liberal-minded people that have a contorted view of history (and many other things). You know like the many liberals that call conservatives fascists...

Oh really, I'm a liberal, how did you come to that conclusion? Because I believe owning other humans is bad and immoral? Do you believe celebrating home grown insurgents in a conflict that ultimately celebrated this fact is good? Do you want to own other people? [/quote]
That contorted view of history^^^^^^

Thank you for your confirmation.

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: hippie] #8027085
12/21/23 01:28 PM
12/21/23 01:28 PM
Smithsburg, MD
J.C. Offline
trapper
J.C.  Offline
trapper

Smithsburg, MD
So, perhaps if you did your research you would find that the CW was an expansive and dynamic conflict

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: DaveP] #8027090
12/21/23 01:35 PM
12/21/23 01:35 PM
Iowa
B
beeman Offline
trapper
beeman  Offline
trapper
B

Iowa
Originally Posted by DaveP
Originally Posted by warrior
And if you ever care to look and crunch the numbers over 80% of the rebs in the ranks owned no slaves nor were they specifically fighting to preserve the peculiar institution. As one ANV pow replied when asked why, "because you are here" to his northern captor.

Truth be told my forefathers were no different than me or you. Fighting a rich man's war.

Wait til JC finds out that a larger percentage of free blacks in the south owned slaves than did free whites.
And that many states only joined the union after assurances that they could leave if later desired.

But ignorance is bliss. And apparently arrogant too...

Hey Dave P could you please link your comment that there were more Black slave owners than white slave owners. I never heard that one before.

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: J.C.] #8027100
12/21/23 01:49 PM
12/21/23 01:49 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

So, perhaps if you did your research you would find that the CW was an expansive and dynamic conflict

Sure it was. Thanks for confirming. It wasn't about slavery, but people like you have said it so much that the wok crowd thinks that what it was all about. Those woke folks think just like you...smdh. Even President Lincoln didn't look upon Confederate soldiers as you do.

I find it offensive that you said my ancestors are not veterans and are similar to Nazis. I had several ancestors that fought for the Confederacy (at least one was killed in battle and brought back here to southern Georgia and layed to rest). NONE of them owned slaves! They responded to a call to arms to resist government overreach.

Thank you for your service...btw.

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: J.C.] #8027101
12/21/23 01:51 PM
12/21/23 01:51 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
A rebellious force who perpetuates owning people has no place next to my fallen friends

And yet in a different thread, you stick up for radical muslums who perpetuate killing us all.You are some kind of special.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8027105
12/21/23 01:54 PM
12/21/23 01:54 PM
Smithsburg, MD
J.C. Offline
trapper
J.C.  Offline
trapper

Smithsburg, MD

Sure it was. Thanks for confirming. It wasn't about slavery, but people like you have said it so much that the wok crowd thinks that what it was all about. Those woke folks think just like you...smdh. Even President Lincoln didn't look upon Confederate soldiers as you do.

I find it offensive that you said my ancestors are not veterans and are similar to Nazis. I had several ancestors that fought for the Confederacy (at least one was killed in battle and brought back here to southern Georgia and layed to rest). NONE of them owned slaves! They responded to a call to arms to resist government overreach.

Thank you for your service...btw.

What you are saying is that a group of people were pressed into service so that black or white alike could "defend" this right to own people. That's what it breaks down to. I also had a relative in the War. Suffered mortal wounds at Cold Harbor. Senseless when things could have been so different. We were at the dawn of a new age, an age which gave people the opportunity to think more clearly about something other than survival. Let us not perpetuate this love for those who would send their fellow man to die for something so heinous.

BTW you are very welcome.

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: hippie] #8027108
12/21/23 02:00 PM
12/21/23 02:00 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
What's funny is in another post, you (JC) championed state's rights. It's as though you don't realize that the reason most of those non-slave-owning southerners chose to fight was due to federal governmental overreach and their desire to preserve state's rights.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: yotetrapper30] #8027124
12/21/23 02:13 PM
12/21/23 02:13 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
What's funny is in another post, you (JC) championed state's rights. It's as though you don't realize that the reason most of those non-slave-owning southerners chose to fight was due to federal governmental overreach and their desire to preserve state's rights.

Also,,for being a librarian,,,he's not very well read.He must just run around the library Shushing everyone. grin

Last edited by upstateNY; 12/21/23 02:14 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: upstateNY] #8027132
12/21/23 02:26 PM
12/21/23 02:26 PM
Smithsburg, MD
J.C. Offline
trapper
J.C.  Offline
trapper

Smithsburg, MD
Originally Posted by upstateNY

Also,,for being a librarian,,,he's not very well read.He must just run around the library Shushing everyone. grin

I think most of the journal articles I used for my thesis regarding PTSD and the CW would state otherwise but I digress.

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: yotetrapper30] #8027135
12/21/23 02:27 PM
12/21/23 02:27 PM
Smithsburg, MD
J.C. Offline
trapper
J.C.  Offline
trapper

Smithsburg, MD

To pattern owning people verses a right to do so is inherently against the same Constitution that people protect and defend. It goes against the humanity of those enslaved.

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: hippie] #8027142
12/21/23 02:35 PM
12/21/23 02:35 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Slavery was already on the way out...as it should've been. It would've been outlawed, even in the deep South, in a few more years. That war WASN'T about slavery.

My ancestors weren't pressed into service....they volunteered.

J.C., you are disillusioned. I'm not sure when you served in our military, but if it was during the 2nd part of the Iraq campaign, then our government sent you there to kill Iraqis because our government said they had weapons of mass destruction. Were any found? Did our government send our troops there to possibly die for such a false thing? If this was the campaign you served in...do you feel like you were justified in serving our country under those circumstances? I'm sure you still love our country even though our government lied to you and put you in harm's way.

Let us not perpetuate the hate you have for something you are wrong about.

Re: Removing monument from Arlington [Re: beeman] #8027145
12/21/23 02:39 PM
12/21/23 02:39 PM
MD
D
DaveP Offline
trapper
DaveP  Offline
trapper
D

MD
Originally Posted by beeman

Hey Dave P could you please link your comment that there were more Black slave owners than white slave owners. I never heard that one before.

Had seen it before, for SC, using old census data.
Here's from.a quick.look

https://slaverebellion.info/index.php?page=the-black-slave-owners

Last edited by DaveP; 12/21/23 02:40 PM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread