Strictly Trapping


No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)



TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum



Print Thread
Hop To
How can I avoid this? #8041177
01/05/24 08:05 PM
01/05/24 08:05 PM
Joined: Apr 2022
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline OP
trapper
Guss  Offline OP
trapper
G

Joined: Apr 2022
Wisconsin
I try to upload a picture to show you but I'll explain it.
This place is in my woods this place has a tree on either side and you can walk through it. I have a dirt hole with 2 holes on either side and a 550 beded in front. A log at the holes nothing else. So today I took a walk to look at it I found coyote dropping at the stump and it walked on the side to dig the hole to get the bait. My question how can I stop this I don't want to be obvious to the animal.

Re: How can I avoid this? [Re: Guss] #8041183
01/05/24 08:09 PM
01/05/24 08:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Upper Michigan
M
maurob Offline
trapper
maurob  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2013
Upper Michigan
What was the wind direction? Can you place a second trap?

Re: How can I avoid this? [Re: Guss] #8041211
01/05/24 08:51 PM
01/05/24 08:51 PM
Joined: Apr 2022
Wisconsin
G
Guss Offline OP
trapper
Guss  Offline OP
trapper
G

Joined: Apr 2022
Wisconsin
I was thinking of that also.

Re: How can I avoid this? [Re: Guss] #8041221
01/05/24 08:56 PM
01/05/24 08:56 PM
Joined: Dec 2016
Sultan , Wa
Jakeland Offline
trapper
Jakeland  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2016
Sultan , Wa
Set 2 others as blind sets this dog had the same issue

0BE375A4-B21A-421B-88E5-3D24C8F6E659.jpeg
Last edited by Jakeland; 01/05/24 09:01 PM.
Re: How can I avoid this? [Re: Guss] #8041847
01/06/24 03:30 PM
01/06/24 03:30 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
Yep put another in and blend it good with surrounding area. Been there before also.

Re: How can I avoid this? [Re: Guss] #8042390
01/07/24 02:28 AM
01/07/24 02:28 AM
Joined: Jan 2014
Virginia
5
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper
5

Joined: Jan 2014
Virginia
Set another trap where a coyote would never dream of putting its foot...
It's kind of like selecting which direction to face your climbing deer stand. Aim it in the direction where you could never take a shot. That's where that 10 pointer will come in on you. smile

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter 

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1