No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Low cost Suppressors #8053981
01/18/24 10:09 PM
01/18/24 10:09 PM
Texas
J
jtg Offline OP
trapper
jtg  Offline OP
trapper
J

Texas

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: jtg] #8054003
01/18/24 10:22 PM
01/18/24 10:22 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Ok. I will bite. You have too pay 200 for tax stamp NO matter what. Even a Form 1 build you do your self. It’s still 200 tax stamp WHY buy a 300 dollar suppressor from these guys. AAC has a good one for 500 Spec War is a beast of a silencer for 799 ! What’s 500 more dollars when average wait time is approaching 11 months ?

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: jtg] #8054023
01/18/24 10:34 PM
01/18/24 10:34 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
No thanks, the reviews they post are well. I ordered a muzzle break it was custom made for my barrel it's great. I HAVE NOT INSTALLED it yet but I don't see a problem with that.

And another I got this small suppressor for my 12" ar for half the price of others it's great and HEARING SAFE.

Anyone that's proud enough of these comments to post them for advertising I'd a big red flag for me.
The first has not even put it on his gun the 2nd is completely BS. A short barrel at with short can is never going to be hearing safe. A full size suppress on a 16" gun is not hearing safe in an AR especially for a full mag. The platform does not suppress well and to get quite you need good design and volume In a can.

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: steeltraps] #8054219
01/19/24 08:38 AM
01/19/24 08:38 AM
Texas
J
jtg Offline OP
trapper
jtg  Offline OP
trapper
J

Texas
Yes, there are better suppressors for more. Some people can not afford or do not want to spend a bunch of money on a suppressor. We should not have to pay a tax stamp or wait 11 months. Texas is working on suppressors made here will not be requiring a stamp from suppressors that are made in Texas. Here is a review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbKUbWPE-sI
On short barrels, 300 blackout is the way to go for suppress.
Steeltraps. Nice job on blending those traps. I enjoy your posts.

Originally Posted by steeltraps
Ok. I will bite. You have too pay 200 for tax stamp NO matter what. Even a Form 1 build you do your self. It’s still 200 tax stamp WHY buy a 300 dollar suppressor from these guys. AAC has a good one for 500 Spec War is a beast of a silencer for 799 ! What’s 500 more dollars when average wait time is approaching 11 months ?

Last edited by jtg; 01/19/24 08:40 AM.
Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: jtg] #8054250
01/19/24 09:23 AM
01/19/24 09:23 AM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Thanks JTG ! Made In Texas. HB 957 and HB 2705 allow you to build a suppressor = Made in Texas from material from Texas right now!!! Also decriminalize SBRs ! It’s law and they say = NO Texas law will prosecute you for having a suppressor made it Texas with = Made in Texas stamped on it !!! BUT here is the catch. It’s not Federally legal. Just like pot in Colorado. The state allows Colorado New Mexico and so on to have = Pot Dispenser Inside is 15–20 lbs of state legal pot. BUT if Feds decide to raid you???? Someone is doing 10 years in Federal prison. Something with a = Made in Texas suppressor!

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: jtg] #8054251
01/19/24 09:24 AM
01/19/24 09:24 AM
The great cage state Colorado
M
Monster Toms Offline
trapper
Monster Toms  Offline
trapper
M

The great cage state Colorado
I own 2 Witt suppressors. Both are garbage!

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: steeltraps] #8054290
01/19/24 10:10 AM
01/19/24 10:10 AM
Texas
J
jtg Offline OP
trapper
jtg  Offline OP
trapper
J

Texas
I did not know that. Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully one day we can just walk in and buy one.

Thanks JTG ! Made In Texas. HB 957 and HB 2705 allow you to build a suppressor = Made in Texas from material from Texas right now!!! Also decriminalize SBRs ! It’s law and they say = NO Texas law will prosecute you for having a suppressor made it Texas with = Made in Texas stamped on it !!! BUT here is the catch. It’s not Federally legal. Just like pot in Colorado. The state allows Colorado New Mexico and so on to have = Pot Dispenser Inside is 15–20 lbs of state legal pot. BUT if Feds decide to raid you???? Someone is doing 10 years in Federal prison. Something with a = Made in Texas suppressor!

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: jtg] #8054369
01/19/24 11:43 AM
01/19/24 11:43 AM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
JTG. You can read online where ATF actually sent someone = Attorney General maybe??? A letter saying = Hay Texas you can do that !!!! It’s on line some where I have done the research . No Texas law will arrest you for = Made in Texas suppressor??? OK. What about sheriffs deputies = Under Border Patrol and Homeland Security??? They are = Technically = Deputized Federal agents WHEN helping the Feds ? Would they Have to follow regulations and arrest you ??? It’s a slippery slop ! Decriminalizing suppressors in Texas may not help IF you run into = Homeland Security out on the range!!!

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: jtg] #8054380
01/19/24 11:52 AM
01/19/24 11:52 AM
MO
C
Crappiekiller Offline
trapper
Crappiekiller  Offline
trapper
C

MO
I believe some folks in Kansas tried this a while back over similar made in Kansas products. If my memory is correct, didn’t work out well for some folks.

I have been pleased with the Dead Air products.

CK
Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: jtg] #8054400
01/19/24 12:21 PM
01/19/24 12:21 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by jtg
Yes, there are better suppressors for more. Some people can not afford or do not want to spend a bunch of money on a suppressor. We should not have to pay a tax stamp or wait 11 months. Texas is working on suppressors made here will not be requiring a stamp from suppressors that are made in Texas. Here is a review.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbKUbWPE-sI
On short barrels, 300 blackout is the way to go for suppress.
Steeltraps. Nice job on blending those traps. I enjoy your posts.

Sure you can wast your money on a poor design poor performance suppressor and save a few hundred bucks. But with the time and $ for the tax stamp. That is a very poor choice and way to spend your money. There is no 2ndary market for used suppressors and they are a lifetime purchase.

But a poor product if you like justify it any way that makes you feel good about it. If you ever get to be around a good preforming can you will quickly see what I'm talking about. If you can't afford a quality product from a known quality manufacturer save your money longer Is my advice. Also don't go with a 5.56 can to start with go with a .30 cal so you can use it on more guns later.

Everyone has the greatest suppressor.but not many people get to hear a large variety of brands on the same platform and same ammo on the same day and have little to compare them with. That's why I host a suppressor metering event every few years . People come and shoot bringing their personal cans and get to meter them, hear and shoot others cans at the same place on the same day. There is a huge difference between suppression.

Also tone and pitch a low tone and pitch will sound quieter to your ear than a higher pitch and tone. But that doesn't mean the one you think sounds better will have lowered decibel #s . And it's another reason manufacturer decibel #s don't mean much.
But it's hard to get to shoot and hear models from several manufacturers at ones largely dur to the NFA restrictions.
Yes they should be cash and carry. Or a instant check at most but they are not and that's the world we live in. Now we had the hearing protection act ready to be signed and was just that during Trump's first 2 years when Republicans had both houses and the president. O boy we are going to get some pro gun legislation passed now. O wait we got a bump stock ban instead.

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: Crappiekiller] #8054410
01/19/24 12:36 PM
01/19/24 12:36 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by Crappiekiller
I believe some folks in Kansas tried this a while back over similar made in Kansas products. If my memory is correct, didn’t work out well for some folks.

I have been pleased with the Dead Air products.

In Texas. You’re fine till you meet a Fed ! LOL!! It’s a nice taught. But you can’t beat the Federal Government in a Federal court!! I have a friend that has 9 suppressors over the years of waiting. That = Spec War seamed very quiet. And the = Gemtech = something? Was really quiet. Yankee Hill makes 1 that sound quiet too!!!

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: jtg] #8054441
01/19/24 01:04 PM
01/19/24 01:04 PM
S.W.Oregon
newhouse114 Offline
trapper
newhouse114  Offline
trapper

S.W.Oregon
I’m currently using a gov issued Dead Air mask, I’m quite happy with that but was thinking about the Banish .22 for a personal purchase. Has anyone compared the dead air to the banish?

Life Member NTA & FTA
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

http://alaskastoneanivory.com/index
Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: jtg] #8054457
01/19/24 01:24 PM
01/19/24 01:24 PM
Mo.
1cav Offline
trapper
1cav  Offline
trapper

Mo.
Use Silencerco centerfire and Rimfire suppressors, resaon I went with there suppressors, large company been around awhile. Sure they cost more, but If a can, goes bad, there there with no questions, And I've had a baffle strike, with my rimfire, sent and back in 7 days. Know a fellow who bought suppressor, from a small company builder, who isn't in business any longer he had problem with his and now he can't get it fixed. It's a shame that law abiding citizen, having our government, stiff us at every turn. I was lucky enough to be around several different owners of cans, and shot them before buying my first 2. My last 2 I bought were Silencerco's buy 1 get 1 free. Have Omega 9, Hybird 46, Harvester, Sparrow, & Swithback 2

Re: Low cost Suppressors [Re: newhouse114] #8054460
01/19/24 01:31 PM
01/19/24 01:31 PM
MO
C
Crappiekiller Offline
trapper
Crappiekiller  Offline
trapper
C

MO
Originally Posted by newhouse114
I’m currently using a gov issued Dead Air mask, I’m quite happy with that but was thinking about the Banish .22 for a personal purchase. Has anyone compared the dead air to the banish?

I have a Mask in jail since August. The last couple took about 8 months for the stamp to come.

CK
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread