No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Taunted for OCD #8098497
03/12/24 09:33 PM
03/12/24 09:33 PM
East Central Mn.
U
uplandpointer Offline OP
trapper
uplandpointer  Offline OP
trapper
U

East Central Mn.
I heard about this on the radio this morning. Although I know kids are mean and say and do stupid things but this is over the top in my eyes.

The following is part of a article Taken from the star tribune

Crosby-Ironton disciplines students who taunted star basketball player Chloe Johnson
Chloe Johnson, an eighth-grade star at Duluth Marshall who went public with her OCD, was the subject of chants targeting her diagnosis. The Crosby-Ironton principal says students have been disciplined.
By Louis Krauss Star Tribune MARCH 12, 2024 — 6:34AM
Chloe Johnson warms up before taking on Class 2A powerhouse Albany in Hopkins, Minn., on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023. ] Elizabeth Flores • liz.flores@s
STAR TRIBUNE, STAR TRIBUNE
Chloe Johnson warms up before taking on Class 2A powerhouse Albany in Hopkins on Dec. 2. Liz Flores, Star Tribune

Days after some Crosby-Ironton High School students taunted star eighth-grade basketball player Chloe Johnson during a game, the school's principal says students have been disciplined and measures taken to prevent future offensive behavior from fans.

The chants targeting Johnson came during Thursday night's varsity game between Crosby-Ironton and the Duluth Marshall, which the 14-year-old Johnson plays for. Johnson, one of the best eighth-grade players in the country, shared her story in January about overcoming mental health challenges and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).

The chanting of "OCD" came from a section of Crosby-Ironton fans when Johnson was holding the ball, according to a Facebook post from Chloe Johnson's father, Greg Johnson.

"Chloe is a strong kid, but she's just a kid," her father wrote. "It took a lot of strength for her to be vulnerable and share her story, but she wanted to."

Crosby-Ironton High School Principal Jennifer Strom said the administration met with four students about the chants. She said they were punished but declined to say how. The behavior is "certainly not something that we encourage or tolerate," she said.

Administrators talked with the entire student body the day after the game about expectations for cheer sections and how the school "would not tolerate negative or targeted cheering" going forward, Strom said.

There was also instruction given to the school's staff who monitor the stands of games to prevent similar behavior, Strom said.

Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098506
03/12/24 09:46 PM
03/12/24 09:46 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Offensive ? I don't know about that , stupid maybe

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098565
03/12/24 11:42 PM
03/12/24 11:42 PM
Wisconsin
Scott__aR Offline
trapper
Scott__aR  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin
I'm sure at least one student/player probably found it offensive. Kids can act stupid and mean without any thoughts given.

Megapredator ... top of the food chain!
Member of WTA
Member of MTPCA
Member of NTA
Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098568
03/12/24 11:51 PM
03/12/24 11:51 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Bullying sucks, but if that's all this girl has to endure in high school she'll make out better than 95% of her peers.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098587
03/13/24 01:29 AM
03/13/24 01:29 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
If you publicly divulge private stuff about yourself you can expect some of that behaviour from certain types.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098595
03/13/24 02:09 AM
03/13/24 02:09 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Online content
trapper
waggler  Online Content
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
What's surprising? Eighth grade girls are known as the cruelest creatures on the planet.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098601
03/13/24 02:31 AM
03/13/24 02:31 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
When I was high school, one of our rival school's track coaches took naked pictures of his male students. Our normal chant at our football games, when the other team scored or made a good play was "That's alright. That's okay. They're going to work for us some day." At the next game with our rival, we chanted "That's all right. That's okay. At least our track coach isn't gay.". It did not go over well. Parents on the other side ran out onto the field yelling. Our VP of discipline then ran out on the field and threatened to forfeit the game if we chanted it again.

Kids and even adult sports fans are going to use what they can to infuriate their rivals.

Keith

Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098695
03/13/24 08:00 AM
03/13/24 08:00 AM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
To me it all depends on her level of OCD. I don't know this girls level of OCD. Some people it doesn't affect to bad. Others it consumes every aspect of their life an can be anxiety inducing.

My sister has mild OCD. It only pertains to food. Certain foods can't touch. Silverware has to be positioned in a certain way. Peas and corn, there can only be an even number on her plate. (Yes she counts them) It doesn't affect anyone else. She does take a bit of teasing when she sits there and counts her peas in a restaurant.

A friends of my wife's husband has, what I would call, an extreme level of OCD. Everything has to be positioned just so. I've her friend mess with him. He'll leave the room and she'll take and slightly turn something or move one of his shoelaces. He'll walk back in the room, stop for a second and go over and fix it. When you take your shoes off in his house he'll move and position them how he needs to. He told us one time he can sense when something is out of place, and when he looks at the room he sees the misplaced object in a different light. It just draws him in. He has one of the cleanest, most organized wood shops in the world. I doubt he's ever lost a 10mm socket in his life. He is constantly dusting. Drop of water hits the floor, he'll mop the whole floor. He does all the cooking, cleaning, and dish washing, because if someone else does it, it isn't done correctly. Silverware has to be positioned just so. You can even see the twitchiness start when he comes into your house. I have a couple sets of Russian nesting dolss. When I know their coming over I'll purposely mismatch them and put them out of order on the shelf. He won't way anything, but he constantly looks at them with a pained expression on his face.

The best part of it is, his wife is a slob. She has a room in the house that is hers. We call it her smash room, because that's what it looks like happened in there. He says the room is dead to him. They make it work somehow. She says she does like to mess with him somedays. She leaves for work before he's even up. She'll purposely leave the door to her room open. He works from home as a graphic artist and she says she'll be walking into work about the time he's getting up and get a flurry of texts from him about leaving the door open. She said the first time she left the door open she came home and had straightened the whole room up. I asked her what she did. She said "I went in there and as loudly as I could I threw everything around again. He hasn't touch the room again." It's a hoot to watch them interact with each other.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098700
03/13/24 08:14 AM
03/13/24 08:14 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Good for the disciplinary measure.
No different than chanting racial slurs.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098701
03/13/24 08:15 AM
03/13/24 08:15 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Might end up being a good lesson on what personal info to share, or more importantly not to share, on public sites.

Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098755
03/13/24 10:05 AM
03/13/24 10:05 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Try being OCD,ADD, left handed, right eyed, disestsic, with a anger management issue…

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098771
03/13/24 10:29 AM
03/13/24 10:29 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
The fact that she made it public is a huge step to getting ahead of it there are more folks than you know out there dealing with all kids of issues. Local farmer has OCD would never know it if not for his family bringing it up.

Know a guy that was always pumping hand sanitizer it sounded like hogs feeding in slop he used so much. Spends his whole day lying to cover it up and getting others to touch anything he does not want to touch. He loved new people that he could manipulate but disliked people that figured him out as they were a possible threat to his games.

At first you feel for the guy until you realize he won’t even try to work on it and cares less who he has to use to hide the secret that’s only a secret to himself.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098789
03/13/24 11:08 AM
03/13/24 11:08 AM
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
I think there is a big difference between “going public” on Facebook etc vrs letting some family and close friends know you have a problem.

Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: Trapset] #8098807
03/13/24 11:43 AM
03/13/24 11:43 AM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Trapset
I think there is a big difference between “going public” on Facebook etc vrs letting some family and close friends know you have a problem.

Just admitting you’re dealing with it is a big step but many folks pretend it’s not a problem and try to hide it that’s when the games begin. Look at Howie Mandel and how far he’s come years back he had to wear latex gloves to deal with life issues.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: uplandpointer] #8098811
03/13/24 11:45 AM
03/13/24 11:45 AM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Let's face it, some people put their problems out there so they can be told how brave and wonderful they are. Is that the case here? I don't know, but the lesson she should learn is, if you share, be prepared.

Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: Vinke] #8098813
03/13/24 11:50 AM
03/13/24 11:50 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Vinke
Try being OCD,ADD, left handed, right eyed, disestsic, with a anger management issue…

And Homely feet

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: BandB] #8098841
03/13/24 12:52 PM
03/13/24 12:52 PM
Mn
B
bigdog Offline
trapper
bigdog  Offline
trapper
B

Mn
https://www.startribune.com/chloe-j...l-ocd-anxiety-duluth-marshall/600335300/

Here's the article for anyone who cares to read about her journey. It costs a couple dollars but it's worth it in my opinion. I think some of you will find it very interesting, I know I did.

Re: Taunted for OCD [Re: Vinke] #8099077
03/13/24 08:06 PM
03/13/24 08:06 PM
Sugar Grove, WV
J
JTfromWV Offline
trapper
JTfromWV  Offline
trapper
J

Sugar Grove, WV
Originally Posted by Vinke

It's right handed or wrong handed. There is no left handed.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread