No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Inverted skidloader splitter #8129250
04/26/24 09:42 PM
04/26/24 09:42 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline OP
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline OP
trapper
D

MN
Wondering if anyone has one or knows anything about these? I want one to break down huge rounds of oak and cottonwood, wondering if it would even split wet wood or if it would just get stuck, anyone have insight?

[Linked Image]

Re: Inverted skidloader splitter [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8129453
04/27/24 09:20 AM
04/27/24 09:20 AM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
I love the concept, but, limited experience was not positive. The tree service that used to bring me blockwood rented one. it was cumbersome to use, and failed to split some of the gnarliest, larger pieces.

Maybe it was just a mismatch of the splitter to the skid loader's hydraulic system. Sorry, that's all I have.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Inverted skidloader splitter [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8129499
04/27/24 10:30 AM
04/27/24 10:30 AM
Minnesota
S
scotts Offline
trapper
scotts  Offline
trapper
S

Minnesota
Love mine. It is a real back saver for large logs. Single wedge on mine so if a log gets jammed on it I can use the ground or a tree trunk to knock it off. Mine is slow so I use it to break large logs down to manageable sizes then finish them on a regular splitter.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread