No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135248
05/07/24 02:57 PM
05/07/24 02:57 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Yep…he did the same. But real cams may be nearby or down 50-100yds. You skirt the fake ones and get caught by the real ones.

Yep...

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135258
05/07/24 03:14 PM
05/07/24 03:14 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
We don’t honor the can’t shoot unless fired upon. That’s exactly what Jbyrd is describing…if they didn’t kill anything what’s the issue?
I wouldn’t imagine a GW would issue a ticket unless he had enough evidence and apparently when the boys talked to him, they gave him enough, lol. Or he may have had the same attitude with the Dad that the manager had.
Again, if Dad had said yeah they screwed up, I’ll have them call you and that would’ve been it.
Read the title…just own up!! Especially when theirs pics of you, lol!!

That's not what I'm talking about. Few years back the 110 acres I had were I killed the 12 point booner I caught guys hunting it mid week. I had signs up. I took a buddies young son over on a Wednesday (he let him skip school) and about daylight there was a shot over the hill from us. I had the kid go back to my truck and I walked down to were 3 guys were gutting a 5 point. It had been neck shot which means it dropped in its tracks. They were 75 yards over on my hunting property. I asked them why they were on this land. No answer until one guy said we shot it and it jumped the fence. I calmly told them to get the deer and leave. IF I saw them or got pics of them on the property they would be prosecuted ! Guy that shot it had used a portable stand and climbed a tree that had a no trespassing sign nailed to it. They knew they were wrong because they took their guns to the vehicle before coming to get the deer.
Your property your decision to prosecute. I certainly would not have if they young boys had said they were lost . I would have told them never again . THEN got the GW involved.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135259
05/07/24 03:15 PM
05/07/24 03:15 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Yep…he did the same. But real cams may be nearby or down 50-100yds. You skirt the fake ones and get caught by the real ones.

A buddy of mine bought a broken non-working VHF boat radio at a salvage auction. I asked him if he knew how to fix it. He replied , nope , gonna install it in my boat just like that.
I was confused.
He told me the $10 he spent was worth it because everytime he saw a jerk jet skier near his boat , he would pick up the Mike and talk into it while pointing at the jet skier.

Worked everytime , jet skier left and never came back for fear of the authorities catching them.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Just own up.. [Re: danny clifton] #8135260
05/07/24 03:16 PM
05/07/24 03:16 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I grew up in a world of hundreds of thousands of acres of BLM and forest. Ranches that let me hunt and trap. The trapping on public is gone and the ranches are 10-20 acre lots with no trespassing signs on every fence post. We hunted primarily for meat not biggest antler competition. Those days are gone and aint coming back, but I still wont pay for access.

Black lives matter owns land? I thought them ho's just bought mansions . LOL

Re: Just own up.. [Re: coondagger2] #8135266
05/07/24 03:21 PM
05/07/24 03:21 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by coondagger2
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
You nor the manager actually talked to the boys that trespassed right? But because dad was a but you got the boys in trouble without hearing their side of the story. In your investigation did you find blood , feathers, a shotgun wad? Proof that they DID more than just t get lost. Not like they just drove down the road and pulled and jumped the chain. Apparently someone in their family has a lease in the area if not on the same road.

Folks around here that push the issue after a warning has been given karma finds them.
Think what some are saying is tell them they were seen . DON"T come back. That would have been enough in my opinion. But i'm not hiding or protecting anything on my land. I don't lease out to hunters as my livelihood

That's tough talk from someone that lives in a subdivision......grin

What does that have to do with it? You think OP lives next to the camera he's talking about? I got 3 cell cams on my 40 acres. Got another one that is on 240 acres 75 miles away I have leased. will put 8 more out in October.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135292
05/07/24 04:00 PM
05/07/24 04:00 PM
Virginia
G
GUNNLEG Offline
trapper
GUNNLEG  Offline
trapper
G

Virginia
I’ve got Posted signs every 50-75’ on 170 acres. The back line I have to wear chest waders to put up. Every year I back the screws out of the signs a 1/4” and make sure that none have been damaged by falling limbs, etc.

Life savings into buying my farm, $300 (if I recall correctly) in the plastic molded signs.

There are no second chances or first warnings. I’ve put in the effort to make the lines abundantly clear. It’s your responsibility to ensure you are doing you.

In 5 years ownership, I’ve had one instance with one successful prosecution. Hoping I don’t have a need for a second.

Funny thing is when I’ve had inquiries about hunting or fishing permission, I break down my work days to keep the place up, my costs for the year round maintenance and planting of the food plots and how we should split the costs and duties. I’ve yet to have a follow up inquiry or a check written. My close friends who hunt by invite are the first to invest sweat equity, tractor work or dropping off bags of fertilizer or seed.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: jbyrd63] #8135347
05/07/24 05:59 PM
05/07/24 05:59 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Originally Posted by jbyrd63
We don’t honor the can’t shoot unless fired upon. That’s exactly what Jbyrd is describing…if they didn’t kill anything what’s the issue?
I wouldn’t imagine a GW would issue a ticket unless he had enough evidence and apparently when the boys talked to him, they gave him enough, lol. Or he may have had the same attitude with the Dad that the manager had.
Again, if Dad had said yeah they screwed up, I’ll have them call you and that would’ve been it.
Read the title…just own up!! Especially when theirs pics of you, lol!!

That's not what I'm talking about. Few years back the 110 acres I had were I killed the 12 point booner I caught guys hunting it mid week. I had signs up. I took a buddies young son over on a Wednesday (he let him skip school) and about daylight there was a shot over the hill from us. I had the kid go back to my truck and I walked down to were 3 guys were gutting a 5 point. It had been neck shot which means it dropped in its tracks. They were 75 yards over on my hunting property. I asked them why they were on this land. No answer until one guy said we shot it and it jumped the fence. I calmly told them to get the deer and leave. IF I saw them or got pics of them on the property they would be prosecuted ! Guy that shot it had used a portable stand and climbed a tree that had a no trespassing sign nailed to it. They knew they were wrong because they took their guns to the vehicle before coming to get the deer.
Your property your decision to prosecute. I certainly would not have if they young boys had said they were lost . I would have told them never again . THEN got the GW involved.

Don’t know about your comprehension skills…the manager ATTEMPTED to contact them.
The GW dealt with the same attitude with daddy.
These are 20 something year old men, not kids.
They admitted crossing onto posted land, with a gun, after a turkey to the GW! What aren’t you comprehending. An attempt WAS made to talk to the trespassers and with the attitude of the father we were denied. The GW wasn’t denied but was told by the father that he had the managers number and would be sending a turkey pic to him every time they killed one. The GW laughed and said as long as it’s not off their property and only 2 you can do what you want. But, if they find evidence of a bird killed, I’m coming straight here due to your admission. That seemed to shut daddy up!

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135353
05/07/24 06:16 PM
05/07/24 06:16 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Wanna…. Ya can’t please everyone so ya gotta please yourself.

I’m in your corner, then again I’m a pretty good reader. It amazes me how thick headed people can be.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Osky] #8135376
05/07/24 07:02 PM
05/07/24 07:02 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Osky

I’m in your corner, then again I’m a pretty good reader. It amazes me how thick headed people can be.

Osky

That's because some people are like the daddy and the grown sons in this incident.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8135447
05/07/24 08:18 PM
05/07/24 08:18 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by Osky

Osky

That's because some people are like the daddy and the grown sons in this incident.

All too true Wolf.. then again phrase of the day… reading comprehension, reeaading comprehension.

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135595
05/07/24 11:15 PM
05/07/24 11:15 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline
trapper
J

Ky
Oh I understand it perfectly. Must understand better than you. I said I would not have called for back up. In fact I didn’t when I caught guys with a dead deer on my hunting property. My father in law owned the farm.
I’ll say it again your lease your choice to call. Enjoy the summer.
Phrase of the day “Lord forgive me of my trespasses as I forgive those that trespass against me” !!!!!

Think about it.........,,

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135632
05/07/24 11:53 PM
05/07/24 11:53 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Only thing worse than a trespasser is one who gets caught red-handed doing it and acts like these fellers did.
However, is it wise to start a feud with the likes of them? The dad is a jerk. What kind of upbringing do you reckon he gave his two boys? You are now faced with spending the rest of your days watching your back.
What would I have done in a similar situation? I would have let those ole boys know, in no uncertain terms, that will be the last time that they will get away with stepping on said property, and let them guess what that means. That would have given you the upper hand.

No sir, lol. Not worried at all and I’ll leave it at that.

Already got the holes dug? If not, take the backhoe out where those ole boys were trespassing and dig three 6 foot deep rectangle shaped holes in the ground. That orta turn things back in your favor.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135635
05/07/24 11:56 PM
05/07/24 11:56 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
…. Got half a mind to ride over to Georgia and shoot every turkey y’all got

… thataway y’all can go back to fighting over your cousins lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Savell] #8135724
05/08/24 08:02 AM
05/08/24 08:02 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Savell
…. Got half a mind to ride over to Georgia and shoot every turkey y’all got

… thataway y’all can go back to fighting over your cousins lol

(like)

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135730
05/08/24 08:04 AM
05/08/24 08:04 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Heck man, let me know you’re coming and I’ll put you up and take you myself…just don’t be messing around with my cousin!!

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135735
05/08/24 08:11 AM
05/08/24 08:11 AM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
There is unrest in the forest

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135739
05/08/24 08:14 AM
05/08/24 08:14 AM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere
Heck man, let me know you’re coming and I’ll put you up and take you myself…just don’t be messing around with my cousin!!

You don't have to worry about Savell coming to Georgia, they don't have Lonestar there

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135744
05/08/24 08:17 AM
05/08/24 08:17 AM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline OP
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline OP
trapper
W

SW Georgia
He probably couldn’t handle all the gnats either. They got everything else we got in Texas.

Re: Just own up.. [Re: Wanna Be] #8135754
05/08/24 08:29 AM
05/08/24 08:29 AM
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Pa
How much ground you guys managing?