No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137361
05/11/24 12:11 AM
05/11/24 12:11 AM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
Though I agree with the premise of your argument, (we are a nation of laws) I wonder how that squares with the founding of our nation? For me I see us as rebels, those that would scoff at supposed authority. For we are a free people, am I wrong in thought?

Pure Blood
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Posco] #8137362
05/11/24 12:12 AM
05/11/24 12:12 AM
Wy
G
Giant Sage Offline
trapper
Giant Sage  Offline
trapper
G

Wy
Originally Posted by Posco
No man that wareth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life. And there's that part about not speaking evil of dignitaries. It isn't easy, at least not for me.

Food for thought. A dignitary is some one with dignity, Not just any old gubmant official.
If they have dignity I have no problem not speaking evil of them.
Not all officials are dignitaries. And not all are ordained.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137363
05/11/24 12:16 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
No I think I understand. I'll shoot 8 squirrels when the limit is 6 every time I go hunting with zero fear of God's punishment because I know I'll only be hunting X many days a season. I could care less if I break man's law by doing that and I know God won't care that I broke it either.

Your original post said specifically in relation to game laws but anyone that's replied to you in terms of game laws you've poo poo'd saying they don't understand.

So maybe we'd understand you better if you stated what you really wanted to know?

I'll follow game laws that make sense and disregard those that don't.... and sleep just fine without any concern whatsoever for my immortal soul.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137364
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
DID N'T YOU JUST ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTION. God made man to be in charge then it stands to reason what is passed aaa law is okay with god because he put that person in charge and god knowes everyting so he knew what was going to happen. stroke has me typing strange sorry.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137365
05/11/24 12:21 AM
05/11/24 12:21 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

No....but you and others have totally missed what I'm asking.

Are you a law breaker that breaks man's law without any fore thought or care of your actions? How do you think God looks upon those that are?

1)Yes.
2) Again... it depends. Is the law just in the eyes of the Lord?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137370
05/11/24 12:32 AM
05/11/24 12:32 AM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

I see the words/verses in the Bible interpreted differently by different people. Even different Bible versions read differently and are easily misinterpreted.

Others try to convince themselves and others that this or that is OK because.......

When there is a Bible verse to the contrary, some folks still say but......

I asked a question that seemed pretty simple to answer once I found a few related verses. I was just asking for folks opinion on this to maybe make sure I was on the right path.

This was never about a person speeding because he's late for work, or a person killing 3 squirrels over the limit, or killing a coon out of season that killed your chickens.

I'm talking about the person that drives fast and reckless everywhere they go with no regard for others, or the person that kills over the limit of squirrels most everytime they go just because they can, or the person that kills every critter they can with no justification to do so.

If you have a deceptive heart (willfully and repeatedly violating man's laws without any care of your actions) then you will answer for that. It is in a different category than sin, but wrong in God's eyes, nonetheless.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137373
05/11/24 12:36 AM
05/11/24 12:36 AM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
I see the words/verses in the Bible interpreted differently by different people. Even different Bible versions read differently and are easily misinterpreted.

Others try to convince themselves and others that this or that is OK because.......

I asked a question that seemed pretty simple to answer once I found a few related verses. I was just asking for folks opinion on this to maybe make sure I was on the right path.

This was never about a person speeding because he's late for work, or a person killing 3 squirrels over the limit, or killing a coon out of season that killed your chickens.

I'm talking about the person that drives fast and reckless everywhere they go with no regard for others, or the person that kills over the limit of squirrels most everytime they go just because they can, or the person that kills every critter they can with no justification to do so.

If you have a deceptive heart (willfully and repeatedly violating man's laws without any care of your actions) then you will answer for that. It is in a different category than sin, but wrong in God's eyes, nonetheless.

Who’s the victim? If I speed where’s the victim? You sound like LE..

Pure Blood
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: yotetrapper30] #8137374
05/11/24 12:37 AM
05/11/24 12:37 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
No I think I understand. I'll shoot 8 squirrels when the limit is 6 every time I go hunting with zero fear of God's punishment because I know I'll only be hunting X many days a season. I could care less if I break man's law by doing that and I know God won't care that I broke it either.

Your original post said specifically in relation to game laws but anyone that's replied to you in terms of game laws you've poo poo'd saying they don't understand.

So maybe we'd understand you better if you stated what you really wanted to know?

I'll follow game laws that make sense and disregard those that don't.... and sleep just fine without any concern whatsoever for my immortal soul.

What you stated here directly conflicts Romans 13:1-2 does it not?

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: grumley701] #8137376
05/11/24 12:40 AM
05/11/24 12:40 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Originally Posted by grumley701

Who’s the victim? If I speed where’s the victim? You sound like LE..

Just to give you an answer: the people/citizens are the victims. If you don't understand that concept then this Bible talk is way over your head.

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 05/11/24 12:40 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137377
05/11/24 12:42 AM
05/11/24 12:42 AM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
And you didn’t answer my question, without disobedience to the law we wouldn’t be a nation. The question is where that line is drawn… or is that over your head? I may think you’re a bit pyas.

Last edited by grumley701; 05/11/24 12:45 AM.

Pure Blood
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: grumley701] #8137378
05/11/24 12:46 AM
05/11/24 12:46 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

And you didn’t answer my question, without disobedience to the law we wouldn’t be a nation. The question is where that line is drawn… or is that over your head?

We don’t live in 1776...it 2024.

The VICTIM(S) of you speeding recklessly down a public road is the people...the public...the citizens...

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: grumley701] #8137379
05/11/24 12:49 AM
05/11/24 12:49 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

I may think you’re a bit pyas.

What?

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137380
05/11/24 12:50 AM
05/11/24 12:50 AM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND
Well the Bible was penned 2 thousand years ago, is that not applicable today? Oh wait that’s over my head…

Pure Blood
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: grumley701] #8137381
05/11/24 12:52 AM
05/11/24 12:52 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

Well the Bible was penned 2 thousand years ago, is that not applicable today? Oh wait that’s over my head…

Yessir...and it is the word of God.

Are you trying to justify disobedience to man's laws?

Romans 13:1-2

Help me to understand what part of that verse is wrong and how.

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 05/11/24 12:54 AM.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137383
05/11/24 01:00 AM
05/11/24 01:00 AM
ND
grumley701 Offline
trapper
grumley701  Offline
trapper

ND

Yessir...and it is the word of God.

Not arguing that, were on the same page but you still haven’t come to terms with our founding. Our founders broke the laws of the monarchy, we’re re they wrong? We’re they going against God Almighty by not obeying the king? Sorry I don’t think it’s so cut and dried as you LE do and I don’t think me driving 5 mph over the speed limit is a sin against God.

Pure Blood
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137384
05/11/24 01:08 AM
05/11/24 01:08 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

I'm glad our ancestors fought tyranny and won.

I wont argue with a Bible verse.

And, if we are God-fearing believers and the words in the Bible are what we are to follow, then help me to understand verses like Romans 13:1-2. Those words have a deeper meaning than someone driving 5 miles over the speed limit. Please explain.

It's 0100 hrs here.....I'll pick this discussion up tommorrow. Goodnight.

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 05/11/24 01:10 AM.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137423
05/11/24 06:56 AM
05/11/24 06:56 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

First of all, it’s a letter from Paul (a man) He’s attempting to explain how the Gospel does not eliminate man’s law so there is no need to kill Christians to a group of people who have only known man’s law and aren’t real excited about change.

We all have those little things in our heart or absent from our heart that we can’t shake….wait for it…….because we are flesh.

Matthew 21: 18-22

18Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered. 19And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away. 20And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away! 21Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. 22And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

I’ve been praying that our leaders will understand the value of freedom.

Please tell me SW, does this scripture mean something other than how it reads or do they not understand because I have no faith?

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 05/11/24 07:13 AM.

-Goofy-
Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137469
05/11/24 08:51 AM
05/11/24 08:51 AM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline OP
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline OP
trapper
S

HT,
Your asking someone (me) that struggles to understand most scriptures. I have to read them multiple times.

My understanding of Mathew 21:18-22 is Jesus is telling some of the disciples what is possible with pure faith and belief in prayer.

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137472
05/11/24 08:59 AM
05/11/24 08:59 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota

I Believe You're Right

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: The Laws of Man? [Re: Swamp Wolf] #8137478
05/11/24 09:09 AM
05/11/24 09:09 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

HT,
Your asking someone (me) that struggles to understand most scriptures. I have to read them multiple times.

My understanding of Mathew 21:18-22 is Jesus is telling some of the disciples what is possible with pure faith and belief in prayer.

I didn’t see where He said “possible” yet you seem so sure the scripture you brought to the thread is absolute.

-Goofy-
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread