ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Hagz beaver rod end welded to #4 rebar #8138088
05/12/24 04:18 PM
05/12/24 04:18 PM
Tennessee
T
TNADC Offline OP
trapper
TNADC  Offline OP
trapper
T

Tennessee
Anyone ever try this? I bought the Hagz before I realized the fiberglass rods were cost prohibitive for a guy starting out. I thought I may try (have a welder try) to weld the end and stop to #4 rebar.

thanks

Re: Hagz beaver rod end welded to #4 rebar [Re: TNADC] #8139382
05/15/24 07:36 AM
05/15/24 07:36 AM
Arcade, NY and Cobleskill, NY
P
pettit Offline
trapper
pettit  Offline
trapper
P

Arcade, NY and Cobleskill, NY
Yes this works. You will need to use a flap disc to grind down the end of the rod to fit the hagz end over the rod. However I would say this. The hagz rod ends downfall is that you can only single stake them. I recommend that you make some double loop pieces of aircraft cable. You will be able to slide one loop through the stake hole in the hagz end and then have the ability to double stake the rod.

Eric

Re: Hagz beaver rod end welded to #4 rebar [Re: pettit] #8139522
05/15/24 12:44 PM
05/15/24 12:44 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by pettit
Yes this works. You will need to use a flap disc to grind down the end of the rod to fit the hagz end over the rod. However I would say this. The hagz rod ends downfall is that you can only single stake them. I recommend that you make some double loop pieces of aircraft cable. You will be able to slide one loop through the stake hole in the hagz end and then have the ability to double stake the rod.

Eric

Yup, the flex in a fiberglass rod can pull a single stake in muck.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread