No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229269
Yesterday at 01:07 PM
Yesterday at 01:07 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content OP
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content OP
trapper

Central, SD
Last night the camp at the end of the road folks got back from fishing late the idiot followed them back to their place on his 4X4 and was yelling that the road was private the cabin owner told the guy they had already met before and it was his own property. The guy was hammered up he thought that seems to be the general consensus to most of this ordeal that alcohol is involved most likely.

Drunks are just agents of chaos if it’s not present they need to create it at any cost. Some of the locals are heading down to have a pow wow with the guy before he’s hammed up for the day but once hammered it will continue is my bet.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229277
Yesterday at 01:28 PM
Yesterday at 01:28 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Last night the camp at the end of the road folks got back from fishing late the idiot followed them back to their place on his 4X4 and was yelling that the road was private the cabin owner told the guy they had already met before and it was his own property. The guy was hammered up he thought that seems to be the general consensus to most of this ordeal that alcohol is involved most likely.

Drunks are just agents of chaos if it’s not present they need to create it at any cost. Some of the locals are heading down to have a pow wow with the guy before he’s hammed up for the day but once hammered it will continue is my bet.

Be interesting to hear what comes of the issue with this guy. Some people have no respect for others or what they own. I don't let anyone hunt other than my son which is so little on the ranch to show respect for two other ranches that have to use a non-maintained road that we all use to reach part of our ranches. In respect for them and their hunting privacy I don't let people on to hunt. They treat me the same way and all are 3 and 4 generation owners and have the respect for each other. The one rancher has to use my land to get to his and have no issues whatsoever.

Things work a lot better when you meet in the middle.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229311
Yesterday at 02:22 PM
Yesterday at 02:22 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
Several states have well adjudicated precedents involving behavior and nuisances on property that adjoins or is close to yours. Noise and obnoxious... illegal...behavior on one property can/may devalue the property of others.

Your state may be different but it is at least one more avenue that you might explore. I believe these types of issues are usually heard in small claims courts.
Again, check for SD specific laws.

Mean As Nails
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: white17] #8229314
Yesterday at 02:26 PM
Yesterday at 02:26 PM
Central, SD
trapper
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by white17
Several states have well adjudicated precedents involving behavior and nuisances on property that adjoins or is close to yours. Noise and obnoxious... illegal...behavior on one property can/may devalue the property of others.

Your state may be different but it is at least one more avenue that you might explore. I believe these types of issues are usually heard in small claims courts.
Again, check for SD specific laws.

This is my buddies place in MO that is having the issues with the losers next door. Waiting to hear how the meeting went.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229317
Yesterday at 02:32 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Online content

white17  Online Content

W

McGrath, AK
OH. Missed that. Well it's a possibility there too.

Mean As Nails
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Shakeyjake] #8229318
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted by Shakeyjake
Can work the other way too. Our Federal licensed gun range will be shutting down after over 60 years. People moved in 1/2 a mile away and complained.

Big problem here too! The libtards from California move to Colorado, and other western states, , and start changing all the laws to make it the same as the place they just ran away from.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229394
Yesterday at 05:01 PM
Yesterday at 05:01 PM
Missouri
B
Broomchaser Offline
trapper
Broomchaser  Offline
trapper
B

Missouri
In Missouri you cAn not land lock a property.

Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US.
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229404
Yesterday at 05:14 PM
Yesterday at 05:14 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Happens tho! I looked at several properties that were land locked, If you buy it, it's on you to gain access, You have redress in court, but it's NOT free, you gotta go to court, and you gotta pay pretty much what ever they want for a ROW and you may not get to choose the access route. So you effectively have a private hunting ground without the taxes.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Broomchaser] #8229416
Yesterday at 05:33 PM
Yesterday at 05:33 PM
Central, SD
trapper
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Broomchaser
In Missouri you cAn not land lock a property.

That’s possible we are gathering options now the accessor made it sound like it’s possible but we need to meet with the county attorney’s to get more solid/correct information. Might put in a toll road. J/K

Still waiting on the results of the meeting they had to see how it went.

Jerry Herbst
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229430
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
In Montana you can land lock land. It is absolutely the worst state in the union when it comes to land management. Private places lockup millions of land that is owned by the people of the US not the private rancher that can benefit from doing so.

You would think it would illegal but some how the state law can keep the land of Americans locked up. Montana really sucks in many ways.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: snowy] #8229433
Yesterday at 05:58 PM
Yesterday at 05:58 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by snowy
In Montana you can land lock land. It is absolutely the worst state in the union when it comes to land management. Private places lockup millions of land that is owned by the people of the US not the private rancher that can benefit from doing so.

You would think it would illegal but some how the state law can keep the land of Americans locked up. Montana really sucks in many ways.

on the other hand the federal government should not own any land other than what it needs to operate the government. Maybe the laws will change and they will give all the land to the illegals.

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229464
Yesterday at 06:51 PM
Yesterday at 06:51 PM
Central, SD
trapper
trapper

Central, SD
Well they had a talk with the guy he put the blame on the handyman who’s not there as much as the guy is there so BS from the start. I’d say he’s stringing my buddy along until the next drunken episode then it starts again. They had targets on trees and shooting in the direction of our food plots no backing just shooting wildly as fast as they can into the woods day and night.

Told my buddy to build a war chest of options for future use if needed, this tick on the rear of society needs to learn that his 20 acres ain’t the Ponderosa he thinks it is thats my goal. If the road is restricted to only entry and exit the ATV cuts that ride down by half so we will see what info the county attorneys can give us.

On the up side it looks like the guy will devalue the property so it’s cheaper to purchase when the time comes.

Jerry Herbst
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread