No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter
I tie a simple knot in mine, the cable is junk once you catch anyway, so as Seldom said, mark it with a sharpie, twist a loop, thread the end back thru and pull it tight, done. I operate cranes for a living and while I would not lift bridge beams that way I'd hold every coyote ever with a knotted cable. Crazy white folks, I swear.
Regular joe I actually thought of a knot so help me!!
That means you can think outside the box, tie one, set one, catch one!!! I am not an expert, but i have pen from Holiday In Express in my check book! I hope you El Smash 'em!!!
Just go to a bait shop and buy a small bag of split shot and smash it on with some channel locks. I wouldn't tie a knot in them, it's hard enough to get them them loaded and hanging perfectly without adding a kink in the cable. Or go to the hardware store and buy a couple feet of 16ga wire and cut 1/2 inch pieces off it and put them in a vice and bend them in a V like the pic above, then smash them on with channel locks.
"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"
Most likely it will slip, but at least it shows intent of following the regulation, a small hog ring is too big for cable, still think a small cage clip crimped on is easiest and cheapest of the purchased option without having to make anything, but the trapping or tie wire is a viable option . should be able to find them in any ag supply store, or any place they sell rabbit supplies...
Since these are one and done temp uses anyway, I can think of several options. A rubber band, cut in half, then double looped overhand knot, pull the ends tight? A drop of marine epoxy? A drop of silicone caulk? Wet the cable and apply a drop of gorilla glue......wet so if foams up. A dab of great stuff?
A bigger fix would be to replace the universal twist on wire whammy. I've got a couple dozen of those that will not twist on to any wire I've tried. Not #9, not #12. It's as if they repel them. If forced to use one today, I'd hit it with a couple wraps of electrical tape.
Easy to vote your way into socialism, but impossible to vote your way out of it.