I didnt read all the replies yet.
I lived thru the last time when Intrest rates skyrocketed,If I remember right it was in the early 80s around there.They went up to 18% before the crash,and several years before that they were 6 and then 12 around there.
I had a good bunch of money socked away back in those days as I lived in the bush and had no expenses.
Anyone with a pile of money back then did well.Anyone who owed money or lived cheque to cheque were screwed.
These high rates caused massive price increases in everything and these new exorbitantly high prices never went down.It was a new reality.
People with money love high intrest rates.
Just the opposite. People with money often leverage their position ie barrow a lot of money. Making more on the investment than the intrest equaling profits making money without tieing up their capital.
You also dont have to pay taxes on borrowed money and it can be a tax deduction instead.
The rich have a lot of money making and saving strategies using borrowed money. They also own business that benefit from low intrest rates and high consumer spending levels when the economy is rolling.
The rich own assets and asset prices go up with inflation generally increasing their net worth.
Conservative Savers that like saving in a bank in things like a cd do well at higher intrest.
When prices fall as the economy slows people with money will do well when they deploy their capital buying assets at a discount price. So in a way I guess they can like high interest rates. But its not an accurate blanket statement at least in my mind. What am I missing?