|
Re: Cowboy candy…
[Re: midlander]
#8663412
09/18/26 05:15 PM
09/18/26 05:15 PM
|
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
|
I make a relish version of it. Good to mix in things like tuna or chicken salad, or even potato salad.
Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton
Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
|
|
|
Re: Cowboy candy…
[Re: midlander]
#8663761
09/19/26 11:47 AM
09/19/26 11:47 AM
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Craigmont, Idaho
marty weatherup
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2011
Craigmont, Idaho
|
I tried a recipe this year but it came out really hot. We'll see how it is after a month. I was trying to approximate the Mount Olive candied jalapenos that Safeway carries. I love those. They are just the right amount of heat for me. I'm kind of a delicate, panty waist when it comes to hot stuff. I like a little warmth but not too hot. I did a batch of cowgirl candy with pineapple added to the jalapenos. It came out really good.
I did make a batch of jalapeno jelly and it came out so well I bought 10 more pounds of jalapenos to make a few more batches.
I finished up my third double batch of zucchini salsa yesterday. It can be varied from mild to dragons breath. Mine is slightly warm and everybody raves about it.
Trail cameras and fresh snow have broke a lot of trapper’s hearts.
|
|
|
Re: Cowboy candy…
[Re: midlander]
#8663802
09/19/26 02:56 PM
09/19/26 02:56 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
upstateNY
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
|
https://homesteadandchill.com/cowboy-candy-recipe-candied-jalapenos/I used this recipe, but flipped the sugars (used 2 cups brown and one cup white). I did the refrigerator method, not the water bath for shelf life…I had a feeling they wouldn’t last long if they turned out good. I also skipped the red pepper flakes. I think this is one of those things you can very easily tweak the recipe to your specific tastes…. ^^^^
the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
|
|
|
Re: Cowboy candy…
[Re: marty weatherup]
#8663963
09/19/26 08:59 PM
09/19/26 08:59 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
midlander
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
|
I tried a recipe this year but it came out really hot. We'll see how it is after a month. I was trying to approximate the Mount Olive candied jalapenos that Safeway carries. I love those. They are just the right amount of heat for me. I'm kind of a delicate, panty waist when it comes to hot stuff. I like a little warmth but not too hot. I did a batch of cowgirl candy with pineapple added to the jalapenos. It came out really good.
I did make a batch of jalapeno jelly and it came out so well I bought 10 more pounds of jalapenos to make a few more batches.
I finished up my third double batch of zucchini salsa yesterday. It can be varied from mild to dragons breath. Mine is slightly warm and everybody raves about it. Marty, I had a hard time waiting the full month, so I decided to crack a jar at two weeks. Not gonna lie, the peppers lit me up pretty good and I thought next time I may have to take the seeds and vein out prior to slicing. Fast forward to yesterday and cracked them back open at one month and couldn't believe the difference. Tamed them right down to a great pepper taste with some heat....but not the kind of heat from two weeks prior. Guess what im trying to say is, let them sit in the fridge for the whole month and Ill think youre gonna like em a lot more....as someone mentioned earlier, great on a cracker with cream cheese....heck, great on everything
|
|
|
Re: Cowboy candy…
[Re: midlander]
#8663974
09/19/26 09:28 PM
09/19/26 09:28 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Craigmont, Idaho
marty weatherup
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2011
Craigmont, Idaho
|
I tried a recipe this year but it came out really hot. We'll see how it is after a month. I was trying to approximate the Mount Olive candied jalapenos that Safeway carries. I love those. They are just the right amount of heat for me. I'm kind of a delicate, panty waist when it comes to hot stuff. I like a little warmth but not too hot. I did a batch of cowgirl candy with pineapple added to the jalapenos. It came out really good.
I did make a batch of jalapeno jelly and it came out so well I bought 10 more pounds of jalapenos to make a few more batches.
I finished up my third double batch of zucchini salsa yesterday. It can be varied from mild to dragons breath. Mine is slightly warm and everybody raves about it. Marty, I had a hard time waiting the full month, so I decided to crack a jar at two weeks. Not gonna lie, the peppers lit me up pretty good and I thought next time I may have to take the seeds and vein out prior to slicing. Fast forward to yesterday and cracked them back open at one month and couldn't believe the difference. Tamed them right down to a great pepper taste with some heat....but not the kind of heat from two weeks prior. Guess what im trying to say is, let them sit in the fridge for the whole month and Ill think youre gonna like em a lot more....as someone mentioned earlier, great on a cracker with cream cheese....heck, great on everything I’ll let them sit a bit longer
Trail cameras and fresh snow have broke a lot of trapper’s hearts.
|
|
|
|
|