No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Coleman Fuel #8663314
09/18/26 01:22 PM
09/18/26 01:22 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Otsego, MI 68
K
K-zoo Offline OP
trapper
K-zoo  Offline OP
trapper
K

Joined: Dec 2006
Otsego, MI 68
Great score at an estate sale today. 4 gal. of fuel for $1.00 each. A few days ago at Wal Mart it was $17.00+/ gal.

[Linked Image]


Member - NTA, FTA, MTPCA, NRA
2 Cor. 5:17
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663320
09/18/26 01:31 PM
09/18/26 01:31 PM
Joined: May 2011
Michigan
coonlove Offline
trapper
coonlove  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Michigan
Shelf life?


"I'm the paterfamilias"
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: coonlove] #8663327
09/18/26 01:35 PM
09/18/26 01:35 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Otsego, MI 68
K
K-zoo Offline OP
trapper
K-zoo  Offline OP
trapper
K

Joined: Dec 2006
Otsego, MI 68
Originally Posted by coonlove
Shelf life?

I've never seen it go bad.


Member - NTA, FTA, MTPCA, NRA
2 Cor. 5:17
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663332
09/18/26 01:43 PM
09/18/26 01:43 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

Joined: Apr 2007
ohio
Isn't it the same as unleaded?


We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663334
09/18/26 01:46 PM
09/18/26 01:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Missouri
M
mississippiposse Offline
trapper
mississippiposse  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Missouri
You did good

Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663336
09/18/26 01:47 PM
09/18/26 01:47 PM
Joined: May 2011
Michigan
coonlove Offline
trapper
coonlove  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Michigan
I think it is Naptha based.


"I'm the paterfamilias"
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663337
09/18/26 01:47 PM
09/18/26 01:47 PM
Joined: Dec 2021
Alaska
T
Tundra1 Offline
trapper
Tundra1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2021
Alaska
Score!

Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8663340
09/18/26 01:51 PM
09/18/26 01:51 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Otsego, MI 68
K
K-zoo Offline OP
trapper
K-zoo  Offline OP
trapper
K

Joined: Dec 2006
Otsego, MI 68
Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Isn't it the same as unleaded?

No, it's not.


Member - NTA, FTA, MTPCA, NRA
2 Cor. 5:17
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: Ohio Wolverine] #8663362
09/18/26 02:58 PM
09/18/26 02:58 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2009
Nebraska
Originally Posted by Ohio Wolverine
Isn't it the same as unleaded?


It’s not the same, Coleman burns a bit cleaner than unleaded. That said, all my Coleman lanterns and stoves have been running on unleaded gas with no ethanol for last 25 years or so. If you can’t get non ethanol gas I’d go with Coleman fuel. That said, at a Buck a can I’d be burning Coleman!! Good buy!!

Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663363
09/18/26 03:07 PM
09/18/26 03:07 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

Joined: Mar 2007
McGrath, AK
Back before rural Alaska got electricity we used to buy Chevron Blazo. Sometimes I would buy a 55 gallon drum for winter lights or what was referred to as "case gas" ................2---square, 5 gallon cans of either Blazo or avgas in a wooden rectangular box..,thus a "case". Those boxes can still be found in many cabins doing duty as cupboards or other storage structures.
I have several on my deck just to stash kindling. They still sell as 'antiques' online for over a hundred bucks apiece . LOL...

Back when I was kid it was called white gas.


Mean As Nails
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663364
09/18/26 03:08 PM
09/18/26 03:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

Joined: Dec 2006
williamsburg ks
Burning even ethanol free unleaded will screw up the generator on stoves and lanterns after you do it for awhile. I think its the additives they put in even when its ethanol free. Crown brand white gas is cheaper. Never had a problem with it.


Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663365
09/18/26 03:11 PM
09/18/26 03:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

Joined: Dec 2006
williamsburg ks
[Linked Image]


Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: white17] #8663367
09/18/26 03:17 PM
09/18/26 03:17 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
ny
Originally Posted by white17
Back before rural Alaska got electricity we used to buy Chevron Blazo. Sometimes I would buy a 55 gallon drum for winter lights or what was referred to as "case gas" ................2---square, 5 gallon cans of either Blazo or avgas in a wooden rectangular box..,thus a "case". Those boxes can still be found in many cabins doing duty as cupboards or other storage structures.
I have several on my deck just to stash kindling. They still sell as 'antiques' online for over a hundred bucks apiece . LOL...

Back when I was kid it was called white gas.

White Gas is what we called it also.


the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: danny clifton] #8663382
09/18/26 04:22 PM
09/18/26 04:22 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2009
Nebraska
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Burning even ethanol free unleaded will screw up the generator on stoves and lanterns after you do it for awhile. I think its the additives they put in even when its ethanol free. Crown brand white gas is cheaper. Never had a problem with it.


I’ve been told that, but in 25 plus years I’ve not had an issue. I’ve even ran 50:1 outboard fuel through my camp stove a couple times when I ran short. Last year I ran out frying fish on a shore lunch. A buddy of mine stopped in with his Cessna to say hi. He saw I was getting ready to dump outboard gas in my Coleman. He took the tank and filled it from the water check valve under his wing, the ol Coleman loved Av gas too.

I’d say I use my stoves and lanterns more than the average person. Stoves, here and at my Canada camp get used several times a year and lanterns about as much. I’ve never had one fuel related issue burning 91 octane, no ethanol gas. Makes things a lot easier not having to pack two kinds of fuel around. That’s actually why I don’t run the propane stove and lanterns.

Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663391
09/18/26 04:41 PM
09/18/26 04:41 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

Joined: Mar 2007
McGrath, AK
Back when they still made 80/87 avgas I used that in lanterns in a pinch. It worked but I had to clean generators fairly often to keep it going


Mean As Nails
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663407
09/18/26 05:13 PM
09/18/26 05:13 PM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
I've never heard it called anything BUT white gas.......


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: upstateNY] #8663413
09/18/26 05:17 PM
09/18/26 05:17 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by white17
Back before rural Alaska got electricity we used to buy Chevron Blazo. Sometimes I would buy a 55 gallon drum for winter lights or what was referred to as "case gas" ................2---square, 5 gallon cans of either Blazo or avgas in a wooden rectangular box..,thus a "case". Those boxes can still be found in many cabins doing duty as cupboards or other storage structures.
I have several on my deck just to stash kindling. They still sell as 'antiques' online for over a hundred bucks apiece . LOL...

Back when I was kid it was called white gas.

White Gas is what we called it also.

Same


NRA Life Member






Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8663416
09/18/26 05:23 PM
09/18/26 05:23 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
We used to get the white gas from the Sinclair station....long, long, ago, lol

Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: coonlove] #8663419
09/18/26 05:34 PM
09/18/26 05:34 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Online content
trapper
waggler  Online Content
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2008
Alaska and Washington State
Originally Posted by coonlove
I think it is Naptha based.

This, it's not even gasoline.
That being said, I've had good success using unleaded gasoline in white gas things.


"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: yotetrapper30] #8663429
09/18/26 06:10 PM
09/18/26 06:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
ny
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I've never heard it called anything BUT white gas.......

Your aging yourself now just like the rest of us. grin


the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread