No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Polyfill or Winder Screen ? #8663510
09/18/26 08:47 PM
09/18/26 08:47 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline OP
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
… polyfill here

.. what do ya’ll prefer?

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663514
09/18/26 08:48 PM
09/18/26 08:48 PM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
Polyfil


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663515
09/18/26 08:48 PM
09/18/26 08:48 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
B
Big Sam Offline
trapper
Big Sam  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
I've done well with polyfill.
I'm playing with underalls this year just to see how I like them.



Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663516
09/18/26 08:48 PM
09/18/26 08:48 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
ny
Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
… polyfill here

.. what do ya’ll prefer?

Same as you.Used to use wad of dead leafs under the pan.Tough to find them around here under a foot of snow. smile

Last edited by upstateNY; 09/18/26 08:50 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: Big Sam] #8663518
09/18/26 08:50 PM
09/18/26 08:50 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline OP
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
Originally Posted by Big Sam
I've done well with polyfill.
I'm playing with underalls this year just to see how I like them.


…. I thought that was for incontinense?

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663519
09/18/26 08:51 PM
09/18/26 08:51 PM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
remember the picture of his first beaver?


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663520
09/18/26 08:51 PM
09/18/26 08:51 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
B
Big Sam Offline
trapper
Big Sam  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
Originally Posted by Big Sam
I've done well with polyfill.
I'm playing with underalls this year just to see how I like them.


…. I thought that was for incontinense?

I'm told that it'll work for either. I had them anyway, seems like it's worth trying on the trapline.



Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: yotetrapper30] #8663521
09/18/26 08:52 PM
09/18/26 08:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
B
Big Sam Offline
trapper
Big Sam  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
remember the picture of his first beaver?

This is what I get for sharing a special and exciting moment. I should have known better.



Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663523
09/18/26 08:55 PM
09/18/26 08:55 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
ny
Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
Originally Posted by Big Sam
I've done well with polyfill.
I'm playing with underalls this year just to see how I like them.


…. I thought that was for incontinense?

I called the incontinense Hot Line the other day,,they told me to hold. mad


the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663524
09/18/26 08:55 PM
09/18/26 08:55 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline
trapper
midlander  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
Polyfill

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663525
09/18/26 08:55 PM
09/18/26 08:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline OP
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
… Yote is mean

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663526
09/18/26 08:56 PM
09/18/26 08:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline OP
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
lol upstate

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663529
09/18/26 08:58 PM
09/18/26 08:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

Joined: Dec 2006
williamsburg ks
poly fil is cheap and works. except around pack rats. they like to pull it out. no clue how there find it


Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663530
09/18/26 08:59 PM
09/18/26 08:59 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline OP
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
… I got a funny story about Polyfill and teaching someone to trap coyote over the phone if ya’ll care to hear it

…. I don’t think this post is in jeopardy of being deleted so I’ll type it out if anyone is interested

Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663532
09/18/26 09:02 PM
09/18/26 09:02 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
B
Big Sam Offline
trapper
Big Sam  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2012
Blackduck Minnesota
Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
… I got a funny story about Polyfill and teaching someone to trap coyote over the phone if ya’ll care to hear it

…. I don’t think this post is in jeopardy of being deleted so I’ll type it out if anyone is interested

Let's here it!



Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663533
09/18/26 09:02 PM
09/18/26 09:02 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
ny
Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
… I got a funny story about Polyfill and teaching someone to trap coyote over the phone if ya’ll care to hear it

…. I don’t think this post is in jeopardy of being deleted so I’ll type it out if anyone is interested

Lets hear!


the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663544
09/18/26 09:14 PM
09/18/26 09:14 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

Joined: Apr 2007
ohio
Wax paper is cheaper, cut to fit the trap, crumpled up to be soft, couldn't beat it back in the day.
Had just one ziplock bag with them in it.
Covered the jaws with a slot for the dog.

Last edited by Ohio Wolverine; 09/18/26 09:16 PM.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663547
09/18/26 09:18 PM
09/18/26 09:18 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

Joined: Apr 2007
ohio
Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
… Yote is mean


You just noticed?


We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663549
09/18/26 09:20 PM
09/18/26 09:20 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

Joined: Aug 2008
ny
Originally Posted by ColdspringKidd
… Yote is mean

Mean Womens dont skeer me.


the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Polyfill or Winder Screen ? [Re: ColdspringKidd] #8663552
09/18/26 09:22 PM
09/18/26 09:22 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline OP
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
… alright

… for some reason my number gets passed around to people wanting to kill coyotes in this area

.. had one call year before last from an ol boy… green as can be

… I told him what traps to buy… how to treat and tune them…. What lures get results… how to bed them solid with Polyfill under the pan … the basics

… he got geared up and went after em

.. called be after a week or so of having sets out

… said “ they keep digging my traps up ! “

…. I asked you bedding them solid ? … he said yes

… I asked him … sure it ain’t coons ? … he said no … coyote tracks all over

…. I asked … are you keeping your traps separate from your lure ? … he said yes

… I said well … I’m gonna have to ride over and see for myself

… I met him at his gate

… he had the traps he hadn’t set yet in a clean tote .. good wax job

… I said well … let’s ease on up .. find some sign .. and I’ll watch you make a set

… found an intersection with a few turds and a scratch up … I said this work … go on and make a set for him

.. he pulled a trap out .. his stake driver …hammer… spade … sifter and ammo can

… I said where’s your Polyfill ?






Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread