No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Quail eggs #8663534
09/18/26 09:04 PM
09/18/26 09:04 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

Joined: Jan 2016
missouri
Wife brought some quail eggs home from a co worker
, I wasn't sure what to do with them seemed like a tease to make a omelet or something like that. So I decided to pickle them, just used the first brine I came across. We will see tomorrow how they taste. [Linked Image]

Re: Quail eggs [Re: salemtrapper] #8663545
09/18/26 09:15 PM
09/18/26 09:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline
trapper
midlander  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
Theyve been in the pickle brine for at least a couple weeks...right..?
Never tried quail eggs, but i love me some mustard pickled eggs . ....

Re: Quail eggs [Re: salemtrapper] #8663637
09/19/26 12:34 AM
09/19/26 12:34 AM
Joined: Sep 2012
Perry, NY
D
Dana I Offline
trapper
Dana I  Offline
trapper
D

Joined: Sep 2012
Perry, NY
I bought some pickled jalapeƱo quail eggs at Runnings. Can only eat 2 at a time they are hot, hot, hot and I like spicy food really surprised me just how hot they were, but good.

Last edited by Dana I; 09/19/26 12:35 AM.
Re: Quail eggs [Re: salemtrapper] #8663792
09/19/26 02:15 PM
09/19/26 02:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

Joined: Jan 2016
missouri
The brine was too vingerary if thats a word, I think next time ill double the pickling spice, or add a pepper to give something take the twang away. But they are not bad just could be better.

Re: Quail eggs [Re: salemtrapper] #8663909
09/19/26 07:32 PM
09/19/26 07:32 PM
Joined: Nov 2018
Mo
T
Trapper5123 Offline
trapper
Trapper5123  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Nov 2018
Mo
I have quail and pickle eggs to keep in the beer fridge. There's a good pickled egg recipe I use in the cooking forum here

Re: Quail eggs [Re: salemtrapper] #8663936
09/19/26 08:27 PM
09/19/26 08:27 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

Joined: Jan 2016
missouri
Ill check it out and see ifni can find it

Re: Quail eggs [Re: salemtrapper] #8664036
09/19/26 11:19 PM
09/19/26 11:19 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Joined: Sep 2013
Nevada
I made them a bunch the hardest part was convincing the wife she needed to peel 100 hard boiled quail eggs lol

Re: Quail eggs [Re: nvwrangler] #8664055
09/20/26 02:39 AM
09/20/26 02:39 AM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by nvwrangler
I made them a bunch the hardest part was convincing the wife she needed to peel 100 hard boiled quail eggs lol


Soak the boiled eggs (in the shell) in a bowl of straight white vinegar overnight. It dissolves the shell completely. You will still need to go through the next day and remove 100 membranes, but it's MUCH better than hand peeling the shells off.


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: Quail eggs [Re: yotetrapper30] #8664076
09/20/26 07:48 AM
09/20/26 07:48 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
NY
R
Rat_Pack Offline
trapper
Rat_Pack  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Jan 2007
NY
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Soak the boiled eggs (in the shell) in a bowl of straight white vinegar overnight. It dissolves the shell completely. You will still need to go through the next day and remove 100 membranes, but it's MUCH better than hand peeling the shells off.

When friends raised quail that's what they did.

Re: Quail eggs [Re: salemtrapper] #8664110
09/20/26 10:05 AM
09/20/26 10:05 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
NE Indiana
L
Larry Hall Offline
trapper
Larry Hall  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Feb 2008
NE Indiana
we like them quite well here at home. we have a neighbor who raises quail and rabbits commercially and she does up an excellent vinegar based brine that we really like. typically they make every hunting trip.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread