No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Funerals #8663629
09/18/26 11:52 PM
09/18/26 11:52 PM
Joined: Oct 2023
OR
W
wws Offline OP
trapper
wws  Offline OP
trapper
W

Joined: Oct 2023
OR
I went to a funeral today, was a friend from where I worked dad, he was 92. I met Larry years ago and we got allong great. He never understood his son from what I could tell. He was always very proud of his service to our great country, Loved to show his uniform with all the medals. He also loved killing deer and elk, they had elk that visit the property and he got to kill one every year on a damage tag. It seemed very fitting I woke up early this morning and went out to a vineyard that I have kill permits for deer. I pulled in just before light and was surprised to see lots of people mostly Mexican ready to pick grapes. I got out with my rifle walked 50-60 feet, seen a doe pulled up shot it, unloaded the foreman drove down threw it on and took it away to gut and skin. as I unloaded it I thought of Larry, I bet he was smiling thinking carry on boy. I have the deer ready to donate to a needy family, I'm glad this all went down as it did. Sorry for the rant, the service was great with the flag folding the trumpet, all first class.

wws

Re: Funerals [Re: wws] #8663633
09/19/26 12:09 AM
09/19/26 12:09 AM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
Sorry for the loss of your friend. Nice remembrance you wrote for him here.


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: Funerals [Re: wws] #8663656
09/19/26 06:19 AM
09/19/26 06:19 AM
Joined: Mar 2026
michigan
D
Dahlgren Trapper Online content
trapper
Dahlgren Trapper  Online Content
trapper
D

Joined: Mar 2026
michigan
rip,

Re: Funerals [Re: wws] #8663658
09/19/26 06:42 AM
09/19/26 06:42 AM
Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
Sounds like your friend was one of the good ones.


American Karens - not a fan
Re: Funerals [Re: wws] #8663664
09/19/26 07:04 AM
09/19/26 07:04 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Joined: Dec 2009
The Hill Country of Texas
Rest in peace Larry


What"s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers


Re: Funerals [Re: wws] #8664084
09/20/26 08:02 AM
09/20/26 08:02 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
De
C
coop Online content
trapper
coop  Online Content
trapper
C

Joined: Dec 2006
De
They don't make as many of those as they used to, IMO...

Re: Funerals [Re: wws] #8664203
09/20/26 01:22 PM
09/20/26 01:22 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
330-Trapper Online content

trapper
330-Trapper  Online Content

trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
RIP And Prayers for You too


NRA Life Member






Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread