No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2018 4 cyl Toyota Tacoma #8663903
09/19/26 07:16 PM
09/19/26 07:16 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
N

Joined: Feb 2012
Northeast Wisconsin
I am having the hardest time finding people interested in buying my 4-cylinder
Tacoma. Typically Toyotas hold there value and have a lot of interest
. I have had multiple over the years of six cylinder and eight cylinder tundras never had
A problem selling them when I got a new truck but for some reason there is a extremely small buying pool
For the inline 4.
It was kind of a pooch but it has been very reliable

Last edited by NE Wildlife; 09/19/26 09:39 PM.


Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663912
09/19/26 07:35 PM
09/19/26 07:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Online content
trapper
white marlin  Online Content
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2007
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
my 2010 2.7 litre manual Tacoma is a dog, acceleration-wise.

if I was 30, I'd sell it in a heart-beat.

but I'm not thirty, and I'm rarely in a hurry anymore...it suits me just fine.

it takes me where I want to go off-road, and (more importantly) gets me BACK home.

Last edited by white marlin; 09/19/26 07:43 PM.
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663921
09/19/26 08:05 PM
09/19/26 08:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Pa
W
Wright Brothers Offline
trapper
Wright Brothers  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Dec 2006
Pa
Trade you for a Subaru.

Talk about tuff to sell lol.

I "think" I notice not AS many
elder vechiles on the road
as a decade ago?





Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663928
09/19/26 08:16 PM
09/19/26 08:16 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Ohio
N
newtoga Offline
trapper
newtoga  Offline
trapper
N

Joined: Aug 2011
Ohio
The Toyota 4 cyl before 2004 was a heck of a machine. After 2004 Toyota change it , still a good machine but very doggy I aceleration slow.


lifetime member NTA, OSTA, GTA
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663951
09/19/26 08:46 PM
09/19/26 08:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
L
Line Jumper Offline
trapper
Line Jumper  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
All my Toyota’s have been 4 cycle!

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663955
09/19/26 08:53 PM
09/19/26 08:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Online content
trapper
white marlin  Online Content
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2007
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
grin

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663956
09/19/26 08:54 PM
09/19/26 08:54 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Online content
trapper
white marlin  Online Content
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2007
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
[guessing : spellcheck]

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663958
09/19/26 08:56 PM
09/19/26 08:56 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Oct 2011
Idaho
I've got an 09 with that 2.7 4 cylinder. Good motor but as everyone says, gutless. Problem isn't actually the motor, they have a fair amount more horsepower than the old 22re, and the early small Tacoma's also had that 2.7 in them and weren't so doggy. Problem is they put too high of gears in them. And another fact I didnt realize when I bought mine, is that the base model (like mine) have higher gears than the SR5 or limited.

Also you don't mention what cab it has on it. Everyone wants the extended cab (or four door, but that wasn't available in 4 cylinder) so if yours happens to be a regular cab that will really shrink your potential buying pool. And if it is a 2 wheel drive that will also weed out most buyers, at least in this country.

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663959
09/19/26 08:57 PM
09/19/26 08:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
L
Line Jumper Offline
trapper
Line Jumper  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
Yes sorry the devil made me do it

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663962
09/19/26 08:59 PM
09/19/26 08:59 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

Joined: Aug 2012
South Dakota
Subaru's are driven by people that hit from the other side of the plate and golden retrievers. At least that's what I see on TV.

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: Rat Masterson] #8663967
09/19/26 09:04 PM
09/19/26 09:04 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
L
Line Jumper Offline
trapper
Line Jumper  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Subaru's are driven by people that hit from the other side of the plate and golden retrievers. At least that's what I see on TV.


I should take offense to that but Zim once called me a fat lazy Subaru driving ditch pig because I longlined mink when it was legal in WI, and was whining when they took it away. I had to admit we had a Subaru Forester, but I wasn’t all that fat and not all that lazy.

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: Rat Masterson] #8663968
09/19/26 09:06 PM
09/19/26 09:06 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline
trapper
midlander  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Nov 2012
midland, michigan
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
Subaru's are driven by people that hit from the other side of the plate and golden retrievers. At least that's what I see on TV.

Have a former neighbor that now lives in Alaska, North Pole area, and says Subaru Outbacks bring a premium price in that country. Siad if a feller could haul a truckload of used Subies up there, they would turn a hansom profit.

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: Line Jumper] #8663982
09/19/26 09:40 PM
09/19/26 09:40 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
N

Joined: Feb 2012
Northeast Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Line Jumper
All my Toyota’s have been 4 cycle!



Ha ha just noticed I did that.



Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8663990
09/19/26 09:57 PM
09/19/26 09:57 PM
Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
ColdspringKidd Offline
trapper
ColdspringKidd  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2026
Texas
… maybe that’s why you can’t sell it

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664001
09/19/26 10:15 PM
09/19/26 10:15 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Dec 2011
MT
So, give us what this unit is? Straight cab, 4x4, miles etc.....


Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664002
09/19/26 10:15 PM
09/19/26 10:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Is it 2wd? That is the main thing that kills tacoma values


Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
by and large, you're right. Women are almost always awful.

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664012
09/19/26 10:30 PM
09/19/26 10:30 PM
Joined: Feb 2016
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Joined: Feb 2016
Kentucky
Even the Gen 3 - V6 3.5 L is a dog, but it's a little better with a manual transmission.

The 2nd gen 4.0 is the jewel, no doubt about it


Member - FTA
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: ky_coyote_hunter] #8664028
09/19/26 11:06 PM
09/19/26 11:06 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Kansas
S
someGuyInKansas Offline
trapper
someGuyInKansas  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Oct 2024
Kansas
Originally Posted by ky_coyote_hunter
Even the Gen 3 - V6 3.5 L is a dog, but it's a little better with a manual transmission.


ShiftSense Pro helps with that. When you put the transmission in manual shift mode and it shifts for you, moving the shift points (there's 3 shift maps to chose from). It plugs into the odb2 port to know what's going on (throttle position, speed, gear), and plugs into the wiring harness for the shift lever.


-Joe
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664033
09/19/26 11:13 PM
09/19/26 11:13 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2008
Alaska and Washington State
A 2.7L manual won't be on the market very long around here.
Almost impossible to find.


"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: snowy] #8664052
09/20/26 02:14 AM
09/20/26 02:14 AM
Joined: Feb 2012
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
N

Joined: Feb 2012
Northeast Wisconsin
Originally Posted by snowy
So, give us what this unit is? Straight cab, 4x4, miles etc.....


It has the access cab, automatic, and is 4x4 has 190.000 on it.

Figured I’d be able to get 15-16 k for it but I may be wrong lol maybe Need to list it in a bigger population area too i suppose.



Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread