No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
LL Bean boots #8663826
09/19/26 04:26 PM
09/19/26 04:26 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Offline OP
trapper
gcs  Offline OP
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
Anyone still wear them?....

Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8663839
09/19/26 04:56 PM
09/19/26 04:56 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Very SE Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
Very SE Nebraska
I bought a pair of kangaroo leather boots on Ebay made for LL Bean. Very comfortable however I don't buy anything from LL Bean since they went green.


Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8663843
09/19/26 04:59 PM
09/19/26 04:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Offline OP
trapper
gcs  Offline OP
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
And now they're hustling on TV for them.

Bought a pair years ago when they still sold to outdoorsman.... hot in the summer and cold in the winter, other than that, not much else wrong with them, lol

Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8663863
09/19/26 05:33 PM
09/19/26 05:33 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Missouri
M
mississippiposse Offline
trapper
mississippiposse  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Missouri
Had a pair many years ago for bow hunting. They were ok for that project

Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8663866
09/19/26 05:35 PM
09/19/26 05:35 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
S.W.Oregon
newhouse114 Offline
trapper
newhouse114  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
S.W.Oregon
Loved them for tundra hunting!


Life Member NTA & FTA
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

http://alaskastoneanivory.com/index
Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8663907
09/19/26 07:28 PM
09/19/26 07:28 PM
Joined: Apr 2012
new york
M
mike mason Offline
trapper
mike mason  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Apr 2012
new york
I still wear them.The one pair is in the closet because LL quit replacing the bottoms and they are worn out.

Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8663913
09/19/26 07:39 PM
09/19/26 07:39 PM
Joined: May 2013
Holmes Co. Ohio
K
Killbuck Offline
trapper
Killbuck  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: May 2013
Holmes Co. Ohio
They had Bean Boots and Maine hunting shoe in their catalog at the same time. Only dif was the name!

Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8664030
09/19/26 11:08 PM
09/19/26 11:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Mt.
g smith Offline
trapper
g smith  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Mt.
2 pair OK but not special .


You can ride a fast horse slow but you can't ride a slow horse fast .
Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8664037
09/19/26 11:22 PM
09/19/26 11:22 PM
Joined: Jun 2019
NC
Mac McAtee Offline
trapper
Mac McAtee  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2019
NC
I have two pair of them. I'm 81 years old.

One pair I bought when I was 16 years old. The rubber on them was starting to crack. About 6 years ago I sent them back to LL Bean to have the rubber bottoms replaced. They did it, no charge. Included a message that they wouldn't be able to replace the rubber bottoms again. I can live with that, I might get (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) when I get to be 150 years old and forgot they said they wouldn't repair again. But if the rubber cracks again I'll send them anyway.

The other pair my wife bought me as a present around the same time. They have the insulated liner in them.

This is the only boot, other than waders, that I wear on the trapline in the winter. They are excellent for what they are made for.


NCTA, FTA, FBU,NTA
Re: LL Bean boots [Re: Killbuck] #8664048
09/20/26 12:32 AM
09/20/26 12:32 AM
Joined: Sep 2020
Missouri
O
Osagan Offline
trapper
Osagan  Offline
trapper
O

Joined: Sep 2020
Missouri
Originally Posted by Killbuck
They had Bean Boots and Maine hunting shoe in their catalog at the same time. Only dif was the name!


There is a difference. Bean Boots are what the college kids buy to look cool in. They have tougher, thicker soles than the Maine Hunting Shoe...

Maine Hunting Shoe has softer soles and will wear out quick if worn on concrete. I've got a pair of these I wear when woods are wet or snowy. Very quiet to walk in, you can feel what you're stepping on. Not a good cold weather boot though.

Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8664087
09/20/26 08:25 AM
09/20/26 08:25 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
pa.
J
jarentz Offline
trapper
jarentz  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Nov 2010
pa.
I had a pair of them! I didn't like their soles,they were hard to walk in on slippery hillsides.
I bought a pair of schnee boots,and like them.


jarentz
Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8664097
09/20/26 09:01 AM
09/20/26 09:01 AM
Joined: May 2013
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: May 2013
Northern Michigan
I have an old pair of the tall ones I bought years ago. When I was a pup those boots were only worn by regular woodsmen. That changed with the meteoric rise of the pseudo-outdoorsmen of the 1970's. After that there were more worn by yuppie college kids than hunter/trapper folks.


Re: LL Bean boots [Re: gcs] #8664130
09/20/26 10:37 AM
09/20/26 10:37 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
NE Indiana
L
Larry Hall Offline
trapper
Larry Hall  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Feb 2008
NE Indiana
not near enough ankle support in my opinion. I bought a pair many years ago for bird hunting, back when I could get thru the country. Didn't last a full season and I was looking for a better boot. fwiw..

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread