No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter
Picked up a few of these at the WI convention to try out this season. The guy developed them for BE mink sets. I think they might work great for my BE otter sets. The plate just slips into the spring eye, and the little tabs fold over to pinch it in place. Seconds to install. The creeks I trap are difficult to get stakes into (gravel and rock beds) so this may be just the ticket. He also uses them in deep water, he just uses a long hook to lower the trap into place. Looking forward to tying them out. Cant remember his name offhand, I'll have to see if I grabbed a card.
All pics are his 330 size supports on a belisle 280. Trap folded up, plate doesnt extend much past the trap and lays flat.
Can be bent easily to make trap vertical.
Tear drop shaped holes can be used to attach wire or screw it to trees, posts, etc.
Tabs folded.
"in the midst of a savage wilderness to depend entirely upon their unassisted strength and hardihood"
Re: New BG stabilizer
[Re: k snow]
#8663774 09/19/2612:42 PM09/19/2612:42 PM
Here's some demos of it in use. Looks like it would work real slick in certain situations for sure. But spendy if you need to buy 2 each for the bigger traps!
Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton
Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: New BG stabilizer
[Re: k snow]
#8664176 09/20/2601:02 PM09/20/2601:02 PM
Picked up a few of these at the WI convention to try out this season. The guy developed them for BE mink sets. I think they might work great for my BE otter sets. The plate just slips into the spring eye, and the little tabs fold over to pinch it in place. Seconds to install. The creeks I trap are difficult to get stakes into (gravel and rock beds) so this may be just the ticket. He also uses them in deep water, he just uses a long hook to lower the trap into place. Looking forward to tying them out. Cant remember his name offhand, I'll have to see if I grabbed a card.
All pics are his 330 size supports on a belisle 280. Trap folded up, plate doesnt extend much past the trap and lays flat.
Can be bent easily to make trap vertical.
Tear drop shaped holes can be used to attach wire or screw it to trees, posts, etc.
Tabs folded.
Originally Posted by k snow
Picked up a few of these at the WI convention to try out this season. The guy developed them for BE mink sets. I think they might work great for my BE otter sets. The plate just slips into the spring eye, and the little tabs fold over to pinch it in place. Seconds to install. The creeks I trap are difficult to get stakes into (gravel and rock beds) so this may be just the ticket. He also uses them in deep water, he just uses a long hook to lower the trap into place. Looking forward to tying them out. Cant remember his name offhand, I'll have to see if I grabbed a card.
All pics are his 330 size supports on a belisle 280. Trap folded up, plate doesnt extend much past the trap and lays flat.
Can be bent easily to make trap vertical.
Tear drop shaped holes can be used to attach wire or screw it to trees, posts, etc.
Tabs folded.
That’s Keith Schallenkamp I’ve been Facebook friends with him for a while.
Re: New BG stabilizer
[Re: Muskrat]
#8664363 09/20/2606:09 PM09/20/2606:09 PM
For years I’ve used a DIY, deep water(beyond gauntlet) bottom edge setter for all sizes of bgs. Whether it's open water or through a hole in the ice, a bg is “plated” or on a KB-type stabilizer it works great for me! I also love using a KB-type stabilizer and never attach them to my traps (too much bs if attached IMHO) the same tool I use to set /position my traps, I retrieve them AND the stabilizer with it. My setter/retriever looks like a tuning fork attached to the end of a pole at 90* to the side like a foot and straddles the trigger of sq bgs & rbgs alike!!!
Last edited by Seldom; 09/20/2607:25 PM.
"A few want to know WHY, the majority appear to be satisfied just knowing HOW!" Youtube Channel- SeldomFales
Re: New BG stabilizer
[Re: Seldom]
#8664490 09/20/2608:36 PM09/20/2608:36 PM
For years I’ve used a DIY, deep water(beyond gauntlet) bottom edge setter for all sizes of bgs. Whether it's open water or through a hole in the ice, a bg is “plated” or on a KB-type stabilizer it works great for me! I also love using a KB-type stabilizer and never attach them to my traps (too much bs if attached IMHO) the same tool I use to set /position my traps, I retrieve them AND the stabilizer with it. My setter/retriever looks like a tuning fork attached to the end of a pole at 90* to the side like a foot and straddles the trigger of sq bgs & rbgs alike!!!
Found a stainless trash picker online . . . seriously considering giving this a shot for setting/positioning the #150 on the KB stabilizer in deep water.
Lifetime member of WTA and NTA
Re: New BG stabilizer
[Re: Muskrat]
#8664527 09/20/2609:27 PM09/20/2609:27 PM
For years I’ve used a DIY, deep water(beyond gauntlet) bottom edge setter for all sizes of bgs. Whether it's open water or through a hole in the ice, a bg is “plated” or on a KB-type stabilizer it works great for me! I also love using a KB-type stabilizer and never attach them to my traps (too much bs if attached IMHO) the same tool I use to set /position my traps, I retrieve them AND the stabilizer with it. My setter/retriever looks like a tuning fork attached to the end of a pole at 90* to the side like a foot and straddles the trigger of sq bgs & rbgs alike!!!
Found a stainless trash picker online . . . seriously considering giving this a shot for setting/positioning the #150 on the KB stabilizer in deep water.
The 150 on a KB stabilizer may or may not be a heavy enough combination for you to set & position in very deep water. Because I trap BEs through the ice using my tool with the trap & stabilizer hanging, I wanted weight for positioning so I welded KBs to 3/8”x4”x8” plates as seen in a recent video on my channel. You’ll find out how your trash picker works for you and if you need to make some adjustments or not!
Last edited by Seldom; 09/20/2609:50 PM.
"A few want to know WHY, the majority appear to be satisfied just knowing HOW!" Youtube Channel- SeldomFales