No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8666633
09/25/26 11:51 AM
09/25/26 11:51 AM
Joined: Dec 2021
Alaska
T
Tundra1 Offline
trapper
Tundra1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2021
Alaska
I’ll be doing more. I work out of town week on/week off (more like 10-14 days on, three off) so I’ll trap around there. Found some new beaver spots and really want to get some marten so I’ve found a few walk in spots for short lines I can check after work. At home I may do some sets for lynx when I take leave around Christmas, and my son really wants to try trapping so we’ll set some muskrat pushups and try our hand at weasel boxes.

Won’t sell anything, just an excuse to be in the woods, and make some memories with the kids.

Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8666635
09/25/26 11:55 AM
09/25/26 11:55 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Maine
Going to try and trap some red fox this year.


NRA,NTA,MTA,FTA

Proud member of NTA
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8666657
09/25/26 12:53 PM
09/25/26 12:53 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
B
backroadsarcher Offline
trapper
backroadsarcher  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Nov 2012
Frazee, MN
I never travel big distances to trap. I could but time is more of a factor. Maybe once I retire time might be more on my side.

Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: backroadsarcher] #8666662
09/25/26 01:24 PM
09/25/26 01:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by backroadsarcher
I never travel big distances to trap. I could but time is more of a factor. Maybe once I retire time might be more on my side.

Lemmy tell you son it dont work like that,lol.
I retired fairly young (56) and had a few good years but could never go as long or as hard even with all the time in the world as I could when I was younger and had a full time job.
Giver while you can.

Last edited by Boco; 09/25/26 01:29 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Tundra1] #8666670
09/25/26 01:38 PM
09/25/26 01:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Tundra1
I’ll be doing more. I work out of town week on/week off (more like 10-14 days on, three off) so I’ll trap around there. Found some new beaver spots and really want to get some marten so I’ve found a few walk in spots for short lines I can check after work. At home I may do some sets for lynx when I take leave around Christmas, and my son really wants to try trapping so we’ll set some muskrat pushups and try our hand at weasel boxes.

Won’t sell anything, just an excuse to be in the woods, and make some memories with the kids.

Sell your marten weasels and cats (all good money at auction currently) keep the beaver for wearables.(Big hvy beaver are selling for good money at auction also)


Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8666677
09/25/26 01:50 PM
09/25/26 01:50 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
wisconsin
M
Muskratwalt Offline
trapper
Muskratwalt  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Oct 2015
wisconsin
Just like last year, I will consider myself lucky to just be able to trap. I will be 77 when the season opens and will count each day as a gift. Any critters caught will be a secondary blessing. Good luck whatever your age !


Walt legge
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Boco] #8666683
09/25/26 02:01 PM
09/25/26 02:01 PM
Joined: Dec 2021
Alaska
T
Tundra1 Offline
trapper
Tundra1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Dec 2021
Alaska
Originally Posted by Boco

Sell your marten weasels and cats (all good money at auction currently) keep the beaver for wearables.(Big hvy beaver are selling for good money at auction also)


Honestly I’ll be tickled pink if I get one of any of those, so the first will be wall hangers and any extras will be for wearables. Everything will be on foot unless I manage to pick up a sled, so it’s unlikely I’ll be getting any numbers worth sending to auction.

Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8666688
09/25/26 02:24 PM
09/25/26 02:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Minnesota
If I get ADC Jobs... Word of mouth is the only way I do it nowadays


NRA Life Member






Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8666689
09/25/26 02:29 PM
09/25/26 02:29 PM
Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Ive got to cut trapping way back this year. Not because of gas prices. Have family i have to take care of. Mom's Alzheimers is running off the charts lately. And I have another family member having mental health issues thats with us at least 5 days a week. Taking care of my family is most important to me so trapping will be on the back burner if things don't change.


NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8666694
09/25/26 02:53 PM
09/25/26 02:53 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline
trapper

Joined: Feb 2012
SE NEBRASKA
I haven't put any steel out the last couple years or so. But now I am retired and plan on doing a few dozen for coons and yotes and cats.... besides my nite time thermal outings. Going go broke..... but have fun doin it !!! Just can't sit in my cabin waiting to croak !!


Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams" NTA NRA RMEF NFH Born Again Believer
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8666701
09/25/26 03:18 PM
09/25/26 03:18 PM
Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
If anything, I'm going bigger than last year. Looking forward to it!


American Karens - not a fan
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8666753
09/25/26 05:48 PM
09/25/26 05:48 PM
Joined: Dec 2022
illinois
J
jalstat Offline
trapper
jalstat  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Dec 2022
illinois
No

Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Larry Hall] #8666758
09/25/26 05:55 PM
09/25/26 05:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Joined: Dec 2009
The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by trapper les
I’m gonna limit my trapping from Thief River to International Falls and south to highway 2…




Many years ago I went to that place because they had a big bull riding with the county fair. The whole county showed up and treated us as well as anywhere we'd ever been. If I was just a little younger and a lil more spry I'd love to try trapping that area.


What"s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers


Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8667008
09/26/26 09:34 AM
09/26/26 09:34 AM
Joined: May 2010
Iowa
J
Joe1 Offline
trapper
Joe1  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: May 2010
Iowa
yes unless some one wants to pay me a lot more than the fur is worth and then it would probably be a short time to take care of the problem

Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Muskratwalt] #8667033
09/26/26 10:15 AM
09/26/26 10:15 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
rogers city mi.
J
jeff karsten Offline
trapper
jeff karsten  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Jun 2015
rogers city mi.
Originally Posted by Muskratwalt
Just like last year, I will consider myself lucky to just be able to trap. I will be 77 when the season opens and will count each day as a gift. Any critters caught will be a secondary blessing. Good luck whatever your age !

Know the feeling making plans don't mean much and for some reason the creeks here arent on high level ground always down in a gully


olden tyred
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: jeff karsten] #8667266
09/26/26 08:53 PM
09/26/26 08:53 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Missouri
W
WhiteTrash 88 Offline
trapper
WhiteTrash 88  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Feb 2020
Missouri
Didn’t do any trapping last year due to setting up bee yards and working on hives. Different story this year. Worked over 12 dozen DPs, 4 dozen 110’s, 4 dozen 330’s, 5 dozen one and halves. Should complete modification’s on 6 dozen # 2 victor square jaws in next day or two. Gonna set as many as these 71 year old knees let me. Might be 2 or 3 days, or 2-3 months of torture. What an old man won’t do for a little entertainment.

Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8667422
Yesterday at 08:08 AM
Yesterday at 08:08 AM
Joined: Nov 2025
Holmes co. Oh.
S
Skippy 1 Offline
trapper
Skippy 1  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Nov 2025
Holmes co. Oh.
At 78 years old I'll be out there. Just a few ditches for rats and hopefully a mink or 2. Two a joining farms that I set snares for coyotes. Do everything out of our side by side. Bad knees and a small balance problem so I really have to watch what I'm doing. Sure hope my old hip boots hold up 1 more year.

Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8667430
Yesterday at 08:23 AM
Yesterday at 08:23 AM
Joined: Dec 2015
NNY
0
080808 Offline
trapper
080808  Offline
trapper
0

Joined: Dec 2015
NNY
Trap smarter not harder for me.

Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8667462
Yesterday at 09:37 AM
Yesterday at 09:37 AM
Joined: May 2010
Iowa
J
Joe1 Offline
trapper
Joe1  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: May 2010
Iowa
trail camera is my kind of trapping after several years of profitable trapping like catching them on camera they were to good to me for years to harm them for no reason now

Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall. [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #8667463
Yesterday at 09:40 AM
Yesterday at 09:40 AM
Joined: Dec 2024
AR
J
J Staton Offline
trapper
J Staton  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Dec 2024
AR
Didn't trap at all last season but plan on it this season, so I reckon I'll be trapping more.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread