Rituxan Infusions
#8665756
09/23/26 09:31 AM
09/23/26 09:31 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Trapper7
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
|
I have been getting a number of Rituxan infusions for my low platelets. I get one infusion a week. I will be getting the 8th and final one tomorrow. Has anyone else had this therapy to combat low platelets? If so, was it successful? Since starting this therapy my platelets have been up and down. Two weeks ago, they were 77. Last week they dropped to 72.
Grandkids are so much fun. We should have had them first.
|
|
|
Re: Rituxan Infusions
[Re: Trapper7]
#8666064
09/24/26 08:21 AM
09/24/26 08:21 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
gcs
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
|
I had to look up these infusions, My doctor wanted to put me on infusions for RA, gave me a stack of possible infusion types to see what they do, Rituxan was probably one of them...
After reading the side effects, including possible cancers, and the cost, which was mostly not paid by Medicare, I decided not to do any of them....I was annoyed cause he claimed hydroxychoriquin, which is usually tried for RA and is dirt cheap, wasn't strong enough, even though my RA wasn't severe...finds out he administers the infusions in his office so it was a big money maker for him!....
That's my only experience with infusions, I hope they work for you and the side effects are mild....
|
|
|
Re: Rituxan Infusions
[Re: Trapper7]
#8666178
09/24/26 03:05 PM
09/24/26 03:05 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Trapper7
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
|
Had the results of last weeks infusion. Platelets continue to drop from 72 to 47. Meet with the hematologist next Wednesday to see what else they can try. If she can't come up with a better plan, may see about a trip to Mayo.
Grandkids are so much fun. We should have had them first.
|
|
|
Re: Rituxan Infusions
[Re: Trapper7]
#8666186
09/24/26 03:20 PM
09/24/26 03:20 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Providence Farm
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
|
Had the results of last weeks infusion. Platelets continue to drop from 72 to 47. Meet with the hematologist next Wednesday to see what else they can try. If she can't come up with a better plan, may see about a trip to Mayo. I dont think its something I would wait on or mess around with.
|
|
|
Re: Rituxan Infusions
[Re: Trapper7]
#8666212
09/24/26 04:44 PM
09/24/26 04:44 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
upstateNY
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2008
ny
|
I have been getting a number of Rituxan infusions for my low platelets. I get one infusion a week. I will be getting the 8th and final one tomorrow. Has anyone else had this therapy to combat low platelets? If so, was it successful? Since starting this therapy my platelets have been up and down. Two weeks ago, they were 77. Last week they dropped to 72. Do they have any idea whats causing the low platelet level?Are you already on any medications?Certain medications can cause it.Also ,liver issues.
the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
|
|
|
Re: Rituxan Infusions
[Re: Trapper7]
#8666383
09/24/26 09:35 PM
09/24/26 09:35 PM
|
Joined: Aug 2010
PA
PAskinner
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2010
PA
|
I had a bunch of that drug during my lymphoma treatments, along with lots of other drugs...it's all kinda a blur now.
Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
|
|
|
Re: Rituxan Infusions
[Re: upstateNY]
#8667014
09/26/26 09:43 AM
09/26/26 09:43 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Trapper7
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
|
I have been getting a number of Rituxan infusions for my low platelets. I get one infusion a week. I will be getting the 8th and final one tomorrow. Has anyone else had this therapy to combat low platelets? If so, was it successful? Since starting this therapy my platelets have been up and down. Two weeks ago, they were 77. Last week they dropped to 72. Do they have any idea whats causing the low platelet level?Are you already on any medications?Certain medications can cause it.Also ,liver issues. I'm on a blood pressure medication and Eliquis for afib. I do take some vitamin supplements. They have a list of all the things I take and seem to be OK with them. My white blood cells are really high, almost off the chart. According to what I found online is that a white cell count that high usually indicates they are fighting an infection. PA, did the Rituxan help with your lymphoma treatments?
Grandkids are so much fun. We should have had them first.
|
|
|
|
|