No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: This hurts [Re: Bob_Iowa] #8668214
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Donnersurvivor Offline OP
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
Some fairly easy fixes, on that machine I’d fix it, but I wouldn’t be to worried about the smoke unless you’ve noticed something else with the motor.


Problem is everytime I look I find something else, seat is broken, one rim is bent and won't hold air long term. It's a million little things that seem impossible to have wrong on a 1,400 hour machine


Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
by and large, you're right. Women are almost always awful.

Re: This hurts [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8668216
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Joined: Jan 2019
North central Iowa
B
Bob_Iowa Offline
trapper
Bob_Iowa  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Jan 2019
North central Iowa
Yeah I think it’s got more than 1400 hours, but on those old bobcats beat it into the dirt and then rebuild and keep going.

Re: This hurts [Re: Bob_Iowa] #8668219
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Donnersurvivor Offline OP
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Originally Posted by Bob_Iowa
Yeah I think it’s got more than 1400 hours, but on those old bobcats beat it into the dirt and then rebuild and keep going.


That was my plan, I just hoped to not have to rebuild before I've really used it. If I had gotten it cheap ide be happy to throw $13,000 into it and have it ready for the long term, but I over paid now I'm just fusterated.


Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
by and large, you're right. Women are almost always awful.

Re: This hurts [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8668221
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Joined: Jan 2019
North central Iowa
B
Bob_Iowa Offline
trapper
Bob_Iowa  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Jan 2019
North central Iowa
I know what you’re going through, I’ve got a 4010 that been that way.

Re: This hurts [Re: Providence Farm] #8668242
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I would watch buying former rental equipment . My cousin runs a wedding repair business and some of the things rental company's want him to fix so they can get rid of of and others they tell him about but later say never-ending we painted it an got rid of it. Well its enough for me to pass. He tells them nope not doing that its not a legal manufacturer aproved repair often.

And thats just the structural band aids. Im sure there are many more mechanical he never hears about that their shop guys do. He dose work for several different rental company's and many different locations for each of tham in about 150 mile area.

We all have or will get bit by a lemon at some point. It sucks, can make you gun shy, but it the cost of education. At least its geting close to the end if the year and can be partially written off. But im betting you dont need anymore wright offs between trees and farm.

Hold on a minute....wedding repair business?


American Karens - not a fan
Re: This hurts [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8668249
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
lol


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: This hurts [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8668250
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Joined: Dec 2024
Wisconsin
CoyoteCowboy Offline
trapper
CoyoteCowboy  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2024
Wisconsin
So is that like a wedding counselor or something crazy


I reckon so

Originally Posted by WI Outdoors
That a boy Danny!

Re: This hurts [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8668252
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Joined: Mar 2011
williams,mn
trapper les Offline
trapper
trapper les  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2011
williams,mn
Good catch


"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Re: This hurts [Re: Donnersurvivor] #8668263
42 minutes ago
42 minutes ago
Joined: Dec 2007
NE Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2007
NE Missouri
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by Line Jumper
What are some of the things wrong


Hydraulic cylinders leak and need rebuilds. Pins in arms are shot. Has a bit of a "grind" when turning, it's been repainted, they did a good job painting it, not just a typical farmer cover-up which makes me more suspicious. Main problem was that it smokes when cold, warmed up its okay. Tracked the problem to cylinder 4, had injectors tested and cleaned, replaced a broken egr, bore scoped cylinder, cylinder looked good, still smoking with injectors replaced so were assuming it broke a ring or damaged a valve. Would have to tear down the motor or atleast remove the head to be sure


Sounds like it was bought new and no maintenance was done on it. Made it to 1,400 hrs and started giving them problems so they offloaded it. They would have probably had to pull the ECM and have it flashed to change the hour meter. Doubt they did that. Just a severely neglected machine.

Hopefully you bought it at the right price so even after the repairs you can break even if you have to sell it.

Ol Dad

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread