|
Re: This hurts
[Re: Bob_Iowa]
#8668214
09/28/26 08:44 PM
09/28/26 08:44 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Donnersurvivor
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
|
Some fairly easy fixes, on that machine I’d fix it, but I wouldn’t be to worried about the smoke unless you’ve noticed something else with the motor. Problem is everytime I look I find something else, seat is broken, one rim is bent and won't hold air long term. It's a million little things that seem impossible to have wrong on a 1,400 hour machine
by and large, you're right. Women are almost always awful.
|
|
|
Re: This hurts
[Re: Bob_Iowa]
#8668219
09/28/26 08:52 PM
09/28/26 08:52 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Donnersurvivor
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
|
Yeah I think it’s got more than 1400 hours, but on those old bobcats beat it into the dirt and then rebuild and keep going. That was my plan, I just hoped to not have to rebuild before I've really used it. If I had gotten it cheap ide be happy to throw $13,000 into it and have it ready for the long term, but I over paid now I'm just fusterated.
by and large, you're right. Women are almost always awful.
|
|
|
Re: This hurts
[Re: Providence Farm]
#8668242
09/28/26 09:50 PM
09/28/26 09:50 PM
|
Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
trapdog1
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2015
Iowa
|
I would watch buying former rental equipment . My cousin runs a wedding repair business and some of the things rental company's want him to fix so they can get rid of of and others they tell him about but later say never-ending we painted it an got rid of it. Well its enough for me to pass. He tells them nope not doing that its not a legal manufacturer aproved repair often.
And thats just the structural band aids. Im sure there are many more mechanical he never hears about that their shop guys do. He dose work for several different rental company's and many different locations for each of tham in about 150 mile area.
We all have or will get bit by a lemon at some point. It sucks, can make you gun shy, but it the cost of education. At least its geting close to the end if the year and can be partially written off. But im betting you dont need anymore wright offs between trees and farm. Hold on a minute....wedding repair business?
American Karens - not a fan
|
|
|
Re: This hurts
[Re: Donnersurvivor]
#8668263
09/28/26 11:01 PM
09/28/26 11:01 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2007
NE Missouri
ol' dad
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2007
NE Missouri
|
What are some of the things wrong Hydraulic cylinders leak and need rebuilds. Pins in arms are shot. Has a bit of a "grind" when turning, it's been repainted, they did a good job painting it, not just a typical farmer cover-up which makes me more suspicious. Main problem was that it smokes when cold, warmed up its okay. Tracked the problem to cylinder 4, had injectors tested and cleaned, replaced a broken egr, bore scoped cylinder, cylinder looked good, still smoking with injectors replaced so were assuming it broke a ring or damaged a valve. Would have to tear down the motor or atleast remove the head to be sure Sounds like it was bought new and no maintenance was done on it. Made it to 1,400 hrs and started giving them problems so they offloaded it. They would have probably had to pull the ECM and have it flashed to change the hour meter. Doubt they did that. Just a severely neglected machine. Hopefully you bought it at the right price so even after the repairs you can break even if you have to sell it. Ol Dad
|
|
|
Re: This hurts
[Re: Donnersurvivor]
#8668304
09/29/26 06:33 AM
09/29/26 06:33 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
Line Jumper
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
|
What are some of the things wrong Hydraulic cylinders leak and need rebuilds. Pins in arms are shot. Has a bit of a "grind" when turning, it's been repainted, they did a good job painting it, not just a typical farmer cover-up which makes me more suspicious. Main problem was that it smokes when cold, warmed up its okay. Tracked the problem to cylinder 4, had injectors tested and cleaned, replaced a broken egr, bore scoped cylinder, cylinder looked good, still smoking with injectors replaced so were assuming it broke a ring or damaged a valve. Would have to tear down the motor or atleast remove the head to be sure That really sucks, have you contacted the seller? Worth a shot, maybe they will split the repair bill or something. Did you have it shipped in from out of the area? If close enough stop in with so of your biggest friends.
|
|
|
Re: This hurts
[Re: Line Jumper]
#8668383
09/29/26 10:25 AM
09/29/26 10:25 AM
|
Joined: Sep 2013
Nevada
nvwrangler
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Sep 2013
Nevada
|
Well that sucks, sorry to hear. I was recently looking for a different skid steer and found this guide. https://www.skidsteers.com/blog/how-to-buy-the-best-used-skid-steers/I hate buying used stuff but could never afford new, I just sold my old skid steer, two tractors and a motorcycle to get something “better”. I decided on a Kubota tractor, the jury is still out on how I did. If it is anything like the Carp-ota we had I feel for you, bad tractor and worse service.
|
|
|
Re: This hurts
[Re: nvwrangler]
#8668836
09/30/26 08:58 AM
09/30/26 08:58 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
Line Jumper
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
|
Well that sucks, sorry to hear. I was recently looking for a different skid steer and found this guide. https://www.skidsteers.com/blog/how-to-buy-the-best-used-skid-steers/I hate buying used stuff but could never afford new, I just sold my old skid steer, two tractors and a motorcycle to get something “better”. I decided on a Kubota tractor, the jury is still out on how I did. If it is anything like the Carp-ota we had I feel for you, bad tractor and worse service. Geeze, great! Thankfully or unfortunately I am to cheap to ever take anything for repairs, now I know I got work coming. I did buy old enough to not have tier 4 emissions.
|
|
|
|
|